Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

NC Accident,,,two cages last night on hwy 24/27

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Jody FLHRCI
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NC Accident,,,two cages last night on hwy 24/27

Hello SE Friends,

Don't let this happen to you.

I was riding my Road King to work last night, like I do almost every night straight up Hwy 24/27 towards Center City of Charlotte and I got caught at a stoplight at Hwy 24/27 and Lawyers road around 11:15 PM last night. A little white compact car pulling up to stop at the light in the lane beside me slammed into the car in front of it, which just so happen to be a Jeep Liberty. Not much damage done to the Jeep Liberty but the compact cars hood looked about like a A-Frame house where it creased from side to side. A couplepeople in the little white compact car looked a little on the shady side and the Jeep Liberty was driven by an older lady. I decided to stop, and wait for an officer for two reasons, one--I did witness this accident, two--to hang around so the Liberty (older) Lady might feel a little more comfortable.

The two drivers talked a little, and the people in the little white compact car insisted to pull off of the road for safety reasons to avoid getting hit while waiting on the officer, The lady didn't want to do this but felt more comfortable with it after the 911 Operator said this was a good thing to do and it was a NC Law. They decided to pull into a parking lot of a Restaurant beside the Bo jangles. The Lady got into her Jeep Liberty and I got back on the Road King and we pulled into the parking lot of the Restaurant and after parking we seen that the compact car had split. I asked her if she had gotten the Tag number and she replied that she had not.

Looking around, I didn't see the car but still got on my bike and headed away from work and decided to drive on Lawyers Road since we were all stopped at this intersection that was right about 100 foot away. Looking on either side of Albemarle Road you can see for a decent distance. I went the wrong way on Albemarle Road for about 100 feet and turned right on to Lawyers Road and road almost to Mint Hill. I looked at each business parking lot and side road as I went. I didn't find them. I wanted to get that Tag number bad, especially since the last accident my wife's convertible was involved in was a Hit and Run while we were inside a store, luckily our accident a bystander got a tag number for us. Saved me $900.00 the other driver was trying to stick to me.

I got home this morning, it bothered me all night that this has happened and I wished I would have gotten that Tag number before moving vehicles off of the road. I told my wife, if she is ever in an accident and able to do anything, make sure that first move is to get the tag number written down and a brief description of the vehicle before ever checking to see if they are okay,,,,,,,,,,just in case they are thinking of running,,,,,this action may just change their minds.

I was glad this cage didn't swerve and hit me and my Road King.

Just wanted to let others know what kind of kindness can be found from time to time from others that my slam into you while you are waiting on a green light

On the positive note about this true story, the Jeep Liberty didn't have any visible body damage,,,,,,the spare tire rack and tire took the blunt of the hit and did a BEAUTIFUL number on the small white compact car. She just wanted a report just in case there was damaged that was no so noticeable under street lights on Albemarle Road.

Don't let a Hit and Runner take you or your family for a ride like this one. I believe this person knew what they were doing and knew the distraction of moving the vehicles to the parking lot would create enough time to maybe hit the road and get away,,,,,,,,,,,,,it worked to, By the way, the driver of the little white compact car that caused this accident was a lady driver too... Don't waste time getting the TAG number, this person hung around long enough to think and decide on a get away.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:16 PM
kerberos
Road Captain
Default RE: NC Accident,,,two cages last night on hwy 24/27

That's what's so good about the phones these days.. They all pretty much have a camera. Probably a good idea to take some pics before moving off the road. You'll have tag numbers etc. Big CYA thing.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:47 PM
mid_life_crisis
Tourer

Yep times like this that a picture is worth a thousand words

wayne

Old 08-28-2007, 06:06 PM
vicks96
Tourer

Glad you were not injured. Some sorry A$$ people in this world.[:@][:@] We run 24/27 a lot from Carthage NC to Morrow Mountain and it seems to be a bad road for accidents. I dont really like riding it a lot. Got to be careful everywhere now days.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:05 PM
Jody FLHRCI
Cruiser

Yes, I agree a camera is definitely priceless when it comes to an accident. Just take your pictures quickly, LOL. This person stayed until they got the distraction they wanted or needed to dodge quickly. The section of Highway 24/27 that this happen in was in City Limits of Charlotte and the next intersection was W.T.Harris Blvd & Albemarle Road (24/27). But it definitely could have happen anywhere. Still thankful that this car didn't swerve at the last second to try to avoid the Jeep Liberty, since my FLHRCI was in the next lane.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:05 AM
Critter174
Road Captain

alot of people run with no insurance or car might of been stolen if they leave the scene you know something was on the shady side.[:@]

Old 08-29-2007, 08:31 AM
Jody FLHRCI
Cruiser

Hey Critter174,

Your are right, I had thought about the same. I guess that is where the phrase "Drive it like you stole it" or "Ride it like you stole it" came from, LOL. Two more things had came to mind like they could had a warrant out on them or they were drunk or high.

Take Care,

Jody

Old 08-29-2007, 09:15 AM
Critter174
Road Captain

I'll take All of the above as my answer

Old 08-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Jody FLHRCI
Cruiser

Hey Critter174,

LOL, I agree.

In fact the last two wrecks or accidents (last one listed at the top and was my wife's convertible) that happen to my vehicles were hit and runs, at least one of them were nice enough to write "I am sorry" on a very small piece of paper with a phone number (that was all that was on the paper) on it, LOL. I thought the phone number was going to be bogus, but it was an actually number. The person told me they wanted to fix my truck until I got them an estimate, then it got ugly for a few phone calls until they came to their senses. Like at the time of the accident they may have been truly sorry and then later the thought of a little money and they weren't near as sorry as they were when they did the damage.

Jody