Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

BBQ September 22 SC HOG Rally

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007 | 06:41 PM
SIM
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default BBQ September 22 SC HOG Rally

It is a go guys. I have the restaurant lined up for Saturday night, September 22 during the HOG rally. This will be a closed event to the public for HDF members and their guest. I am pretty sure $20 a head will cover an all you can eat Home Cooked BBQ, Chicken, Ribs, sides and drink. We make our cole slaw and potato salad in house. I will get prices on the meat when I have a firm count. The place seats 84 people and would like to get 50 ppl to commit to being there. If you are interested in attending please email me with the total number of people in your party. If I reach my goal of participants I will set up a paypal account to send funds to. This is a month away and I need to know as soon as possible if we can make this happen. Some of you guys from the NC and GA area are welcome to come down also. This will be an excellent time to meet and greet some forum members and I really look forward to meeting all of you. I will post directions to the joint soon. We should have plenty of parking for all bikes and we are on a main street so lighting is not a problem. Again, please email me a count in your party at jason@ans-sc.com. Thanks and hope to see all of you.

There will be no beer or wine served, but ifa cold one or 6 makes it in with you we have trash cans to put the empties in.

Update. If you would please send me a PM also, my email is having issues I am working to resolve. If you do email me please include your screen name. I have gotten some emails and have no idea who you are. I want to make sure I am as accurate as possible.

Old 08-17-2007 | 11:52 PM
Wolhar
Banned
Default RE: BBQ September 22 SC HOG Rally

A Month away, Hmmmmmm, I'll try to make it, depends on if I go see my Son.

Old 08-18-2007 | 06:39 AM
kerberos
Road Captain

Email with head count sent -

Kids? Or no kids?

Old 08-18-2007 | 08:24 AM
SIM
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Kids are welcome. Since we are not "serving" beer. However, consider the event and make your own decision. I am sure we can come up with a child under 7 price. If there are others that want to bring children please let me know. Again, we are not setting this up to make a ton of money.

Old 08-19-2007 | 02:46 PM
SIM
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Bump. Need to get this thing going if its going to happen

Old 08-19-2007 | 06:11 PM
Still running
Road Warrior

So are you going to cook the hog over wood for say all night, Oris this going to be like a microwave thing you halled back on your Road couch, from Winn- Dixie. I mean I;ll be there either way just for the company. I"ll either arrive Starved , like a forgotten dog ,or come looking for a taste. Just wondering

Old 08-19-2007 | 07:24 PM
SIM
|
Outstanding HDF Member

We have a tow behind cooker. Usually can put around 32 boston butts on at a time. Cook over Hickory and White Oak. Hickory for the taste and white oak for the heat. Takes about 18 - 20 hours to cook depending on conditions. We inject the butts and make our own rub. This the good stuff folks.

Old 08-19-2007 | 08:08 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

Count me and Mrs Live2Ride in. I sent you an email. Gonna be a good time.

Old 08-19-2007 | 08:27 PM
mllkn6
Tourer

Simcom, count me and my better half in, just let us know a time and directions. It will be good to meet some of the people I have been reading over the past months. Looking forward to it.

Old 08-20-2007 | 01:01 AM
Still running
Road Warrior

Hmmmm. Sounds good. I'll come hungry.

Quick Reply: BBQ September 22 SC HOG Rally