Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Caesars Head Saturday (Aug 11th)

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007 | 06:18 PM
Live2Ride
|
Banned Camp
Default RE: Caesars Head Saturday (Aug 11th)

Well, guys, I am now the owner of a '08 vivid black Softail Custom. I test rode it and it was much more comfortable than my Deuce. The only problem, I COULDN'T HEAR IT. I have to figure out which pipes I want tonight and get them on order. I can't ride that bike like that. So now I have a clean slate to work with and the fun of customizing can begin again.

Old 08-13-2007 | 07:39 PM
SIM
Outstanding HDF Member

You already have it?

Old 08-13-2007 | 07:50 PM
Live2Ride
|
Banned Camp

Not yet. It has my name on it at the dealership. I have to change out the aircleaner and switch the GPS stuff. I'll finish up the paperwork tomorrow and then I'll probably pick up the bike on Monday because I'm flying to Maine on Thursday. Mrs Live2Ride said my X-mas present is a custom paint job. So I'll only have to go a few months with a black bike. Exhaust is being picked out now so I can hurry and get some pipes on order.

Old 08-13-2007 | 08:06 PM
SIM
Outstanding HDF Member

I need a job where you work.

Old 08-13-2007 | 08:08 PM
Live2Ride
|
Banned Camp

I think it has more to do with the fact that we don't have any kids.

Old 08-13-2007 | 08:14 PM
Live2Ride
|
Banned Camp

Also, I've decided to stick with chrome exhaust instead of goin' with black like I originally had planned. I'm gonna get the Martin Bros "Shock Waves". I'm hoping to have the Wimmer air cleaner, new exhaust, SERT, andthe Arlen Ness lowering kiton by next weekend. I won't be here this weekend, so that should be enough time to get everything done. I'm slowly starting to get more excited about this whole new bike thing. By Spring the bike should be lookin' almost as good as the Deuce. Of course it will still take a little more $$ to get it to that point.

Old 08-13-2007 | 09:32 PM
SIM
Outstanding HDF Member

School is starting back next week. Going to save the SimComs over $500 /month on daycare costs. Hopefully the warden will let me spend some of that money on the scoot. We need to put a little money back in savings first. This summer with the new whip has been very expensive, not to mention the A/C tearing up twice. I could have put Stage 1 on twice for what it cost me to fix the A/C. Finally getting the wife out of the house for a change. Think I even have her talked into going up to Cherokee next month. We will be going to MB for the fall rally too.

Old 08-13-2007 | 09:46 PM
kerberos
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: simcom

School is starting back next week. Going to save the SimComs over $500 /month on daycare costs. Hopefully the warden will let me spend some of that money on the scoot. We need to put a little money back in savings first. This summer with the new whip has been very expensive, not to mention the A/C tearing up twice. I could have put Stage 1 on twice for what it cost me to fix the A/C. Finally getting the wife out of the house for a change. Think I even have her talked into going up to Cherokee next month. We will be going to MB for the fall rally too.
Sweet! You ridin' or drivin'? What day are you heading up?

Old 08-13-2007 | 10:07 PM
SIM
Outstanding HDF Member

we have no concrete plans as of now. i would like to go up sat. morning and stay til sunday. don't think i could swing 2 days away from the little simcoms. what about you, any plans yet?

Old 08-14-2007 | 06:52 AM
BLade1127
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Live2Ride

Also, I've decided to stick with chrome exhaust instead of goin' with black like I originally had planned. I'm gonna get the Martin Bros "Shock Waves". I'm hoping to have the Wimmer air cleaner, new exhaust, SERT, andthe Arlen Ness lowering kiton by next weekend. I won't be here this weekend, so that should be enough time to get everything done. I'm slowly starting to get more excited about this whole new bike thing. By Spring the bike should be lookin' almost as good as the Deuce. Of course it will still take a little more $$ to get it to that point.
I'm so depressed!! I thought you were going to go black and chrome. I had even finally found a cool set of Rineharts for you.
http://www.cyclespot.com/discount-ha...1800-0569.html

Guess I'll be the only one with a blacked out bike!! Maybe I'll throwa bunch ofchrome on it and be like everyone else, too.

Quick Reply: Caesars Head Saturday (Aug 11th)