Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Charleston, SC Discriminates!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 07:52 PM
FreestateXL
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charleston, SC Discriminates!

My wife and I were booked at a hotel that we have used before. They do not have their own parking garage, but are paired up with a city garage. We were told in no uncertain terms- " YOU CAN'T PARK HERE!" There was no sign that indicated that motorcycles were not welcome. After a problem or two with bikers at the last rally, the attendant told us that the city has banned MC's in their garages. Be prepared if you plan on a trip to Charleston, SC. It is now off of our future travel plans, since Savannah is much more friendly.

end of rant...

Old 07-05-2007, 08:08 PM
wisemx
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Charleston, SC Discriminates!

Thanks for the heads-up bro, I'll mention this to the RT bros here.
Salute,
Mark Wisecarver

Old 07-05-2007, 09:16 PM
SIM
Outstanding HDF Member

I am going to Charleston in two weeks. Headed to Seabrook Island. Get this, they won't even let you on the "gated island" with any motorcycle. Wife is dragging me there for a "vacation". All I am going to do is miss my scoot. Up side is I get to spend some time with my kids

Old 07-06-2007, 07:33 PM
FBL2011
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow! I had thought about taking a trip down to Charleston when it cools down in the fall - screw em..I'll go to Savannah instead [:@]

Old 07-09-2007, 11:05 PM
07 Fatty
Intermediate

Hey now... let's not get yer panties all in a bunch. There are many biker friendly establishments in Charleston. Don't let oneparking garage give your impression of the whole Charleston area. I live in Charleston and find thatFolly beach, Sullivan's Island and Isle of Palms have plenty of places to enjoy a vacation and your bike at the same time. Kiawah Island, Seabrook Island, Wild Dunes on Isle of Palms and Dunes West in Mount Pleasant are all full of self important A$$ Holes that just don't get it.

So come on down and have a great time. If you need some direction of biker friendly places, feel free to drop me a line.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:36 PM
SiLlY
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"the city has banned"? lol.. This is interesting. I'll propose this question at the next CBA/ABATE meeting. I doubt the city of Charleston can and would do such a thing. I'm not saying you wheren't told this but I think he fed you a line of **** just so that you wouldn't park there. The hotel doesn't want to be biker friendly and they probably use this line to deter bikerfolks. I think place of biz like the one mentioned here need to be taught a lesson. We should gather a pack of buds, make reservations (with no mention of bikes), and pull in together and park. Let's see if the city will support the hotel and kick us out because of the vehicles we choose to commute with.

Stories like this make me proud to be part of CBA/ABATE. Big brother running rampid!! If no one stands up, prepare to be stood on.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:16 AM
wisemx
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey bro...I think it was a result of the way they felt after the Black Bikers Rally.
From what I hear there was something like 100,000 bikes. WooHoo

Old 07-12-2007, 06:27 PM
FreestateXL
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: SiLlY

"the city has banned"? lol.. This is interesting. I'll propose this question at the next CBA/ABATE meeting. I doubt the city of Charleston can and would do such a thing. I'm not saying you wheren't told this but I think he fed you a line of **** just so that you wouldn't park there. The hotel doesn't want to be biker friendly and they probably use this line to deter bikerfolks. I think place of biz like the one mentioned here need to be taught a lesson. We should gather a pack of buds, make reservations (with no mention of bikes), and pull in together and park. Let's see if the city will support the hotel and kick us out because of the vehicles we choose to commute with.

Stories like this make me proud to be part of CBA/ABATE. Big brother running rampid!! If no one stands up, prepare to be stood on.
Actually, the hotel was fine- they let us park all night right by the front door, in one of the "15 minute only spaces for check-in and check-out." The person that gave us grief was a worker in the parking garage. I guess that if they have a probelm with a car, then they'll ban cars too.....[sm=bangbang.gif] We really like Charleston, but I'm not spending my money in a place that I don't feel welcome. If this turns out to be something at one particular garage, and the hotel is part of it, then I'll take it to the National HQ. Unless this is rectified, we'll go to Savannah from now on.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:21 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

why??? what in the he!! is the issue with motorcycles being banned? what is so wrong?
this kinda thing torques me off