Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

6-23 and 6-24

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 01:57 PM
ridgerunner
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 6-23 and 6-24

******.......You made a left on Pine Creek Rd. DOT put the tar on Cullowhee Mtn Rd and Pine Creek Rd last year for a temporary repar I guess. Pine Creek Rd is not as bad a CM Rd. The picture you took near the dam is near my house. If you aimed the camera a little to the right and up the Mtn thats where I live.

211 Chuck........I think I met some people you know/ met from the campground in Caruso (sp) A guy and his wife on a Gold Wing and a lady on a Shadow. I was behind them Saturday on CM RdD and saw the lady on the Shadow kinda slip on the tar. They pulled over on the side of the road as did I and we talked awhile. Real nice people from Fla. They mentioned that they met a guy named "Chuck" at the campground and I told them it may have been "211 Chuck" from the HD forum. They said "Chuck" told them about C M Rd. I told them to tell you that they met "Ridgerunner"........maybe them or not. You guys are right........lots of good ridin around here..I go down to Clayton sometimes eat at Chic Filet and head back via Warwoman Rd and then 28 toward Highlands NC then to Glenville.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:20 PM
211Chuck
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: ridgerunner

******.......You made a left on Pine Creek Rd. DOT put the tar on Cullowhee Mtn Rd and Pine Creek Rd last year for a temporary repar I guess. Pine Creek Rd is not as bad a CM Rd. The picture you took near the dam is near my house. If you aimed the camera a little to the right and up the Mtn thats where I live.

211 Chuck........I think I met some people you know/ met from the campground in Caruso (sp) A guy and his wife on a Gold Wing and a lady on a Shadow. I was behind them Saturday on CM RdD and saw the lady on the Shadow kinda slip on the tar. They pulled over on the side of the road as did I and we talked awhile. Real nice people from Fla. They mentioned that they met a guy named "Chuck" at the campground and I told them it may have been "211 Chuck" from the HD forum. They said "Chuck" told them about C M Rd. I told them to tell you that they met "Ridgerunner"........maybe them or not. You guys are right........lots of good ridin around here..I go down to Clayton sometimes eat at Chic Filet and head back via Warwoman Rd and then 28 toward Highlands NC then to Glenville.

Yes Sir, I got your message Thank You!

Jerry and the ladies from Florida are very
nice people, we spent 3 days at the Blue
Ridge motorcycle camp ground with them.

I'm up at the Blue Ridge motorcycle camp
ground on 276 most every weekend. I ride
a BUNCH" (70,000 miles in 2006) in these
mountains! if you ever want to hook up
somewhere one day give me a call my
Shop/Cell# is 704-236-2885...

Ride Safe my friend...

Old 06-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Snort
Road Captain

The lightning got my DSL modem Sunday night so I'm just now back online.
Yeah, Silly and mine's ride home was pretty exciting

Old 06-27-2007, 08:16 PM
SiLlY
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My net wasshutdown Sunday as well.Storm cost me 1 router and 3 nic cards. Oh well... I guess it could have been worse.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:04 PM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: 211Chuck
So aside from the tar snakes what did you think of
the view on Culowhee MTN. RD.??
Well Bud, after slippin and slidin three times in the first 2 turns, I wasn't lookin at the damn scenery!!!!Tar was so hot, if ya got off the "crown" of the center, ya slid down into the "rut". Not a very good experience. Each lane had 2 trails of melted tar which seemed to be at least a 1/2" deep and a foot wide. I can honestly say it is the worst road I have ever riden on,,, and I rode 5 miles of fresh gravel,, all down hill, on 197near Pensacola, NC.[:@]
IfI ever try that road again it will be during cooler weather, much cooler weather.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:56 AM
211Chuck
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: ******

ORIGINAL: 211Chuck
So aside from the tar snakes what did you think of
the view on Culowhee MTN. RD.??
Well Bud, after slippin and slidin three times in the first 2 turns, I wasn't lookin at the damn scenery!!!!Tar was so hot, if ya got off the "crown" of the center, ya slid down into the "rut". Not a very good experience. Each lane had 2 trails of melted tar which seemed to be at least a 1/2" deep and a foot wide. I can honestly say it is the worst road I have ever riden on,,, and I rode 5 miles of fresh gravel,, all down hill, on 197near Pensacola, NC.[:@]
IfI ever try that road again it will be during cooler weather, much cooler weather.

Sorry to hear that Rusty, my friends I sent down it
the day before said it was a very beautiful road to
ride, they told me they had no problem with the tar
snakes. They said the tar snakes wouldn't stop them
from going back to take more pictures on Culowhee
MTN. RD.

Next time try taking the fork to the right where I called
you from Saturday. There are no tar snakes on it at all.
The right fork is not as nice a Culowhee MTN. RD. but it
is still very,very nice!

Have fun on your 3 day visit with your Grandson Buddy!