Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.
View Poll Results: A poll
charlotte
0%
gastonia
15.00%
statesville
40.00%
salisbury
5.00%
rock hill
5.00%
other
35.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Best customer service in Charlotte area

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 07:17 PM
rock5986
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Best customer service in Charlotte area

Which local Harley dealer has the best customer service

Old 06-11-2007, 09:23 PM
UNCCHarley
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best customer service in Charlotte area

Take some advice, stay away from Speedway Harley on Concord, stay VERY far away.

Personally of all you listed I would say Tilley in Statesville is the best. Gastonia is good and have not had many dealings with HD in Matthews

Old 06-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Dooley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8,972 Likes on 1,475 Posts

None of the above.

Small Indy in Indian Trail off 74.........http://www.ruamotorcycles.com/

Better service than any dealer I've ever been to, and they feed ya lunch too!

Old 06-11-2007, 09:29 PM
SiLlY
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to agree with Dooley. RUA is a kick a$$ joint. I feel like family every time I walk in there. Poor micheal has spent more time answering my questions than time wrenching on my scoot. He has done a majority of the work on my scoot.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:00 AM
orangecrush
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The techs at HD of Charlotte are pretty good. The service writers (one is specific) SUCK.

I was suppose to get an outer piece of chrome on my clutch handle replaced under warranty. Since I had the bike apart over the winter holidays, I didn't get a chance to take it in till April or so.

The idiot at the Charlotte store told me that I had to make an appt. to drop the bike off so they could "look" to see what part I needed.

Once they ordered the part and it came in, they said I would have to make another appt. to drop the bike off to let them change it out.

I was told I couldn't wait on it and would need to leave it there all day.

THE FUKKING PART IS HELD ON MY 2 SCREWS. INSTEAD OF THE FAT *** GETTING OFF HIS *** AND GOING TO THE PARTS DEPARTMENT, HE WANTED ME TO DROP IT OFF.

Azzwipe, I went to the parts department myself and a parts guy came out, spent 30 seconds looking at what I needed and ordered it.

Once it came in, I didn't even go to service, I just paid for the part and put it on myself. Yep, spent that whole 2 minutes installing it.

FUKKING IDIOTS.

The guys in parts are great, the techs are great. They severely need service writers.

my .02.

I have heard good things about Tilley before.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:11 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

I've always heard good things about Tilley's in Statesville and from past experiance they have always treated us right and and have always been super friendly.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:21 AM
UNCCHarley
Road Master

Tilley is great. They quoted me 30 minutes labor to install my high output horn. It ended up taking 2 1/2 hours. They still charged me for 30 minutes later. If that had been Speedway Harley I am sure they would have screwed me over. Their parts depatment have flat out lied to me on more than one occasion and I will never go back there.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

For me the best dealership is Tilley's.

Just had a crank sensor replaced on my son's Sportster at Carolina. They left the wiring harness hanging loose under the frame. They also had the tank off while trying to diagnose the problem and left a harness hanging down on the rocker box that was supposed to be tucked up under the tank. I know Carolina would have corrected all this but why should I have to make a trip back for it? I fixed it myself.

I agree with everyone on Rua's, they truly understand customer service. Ken cooks up a great fried bologna sandwich. Their pricing on Metzlers is outstanding.

Old 06-12-2007, 09:34 AM
WZ4I
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tilley's in Statesville is gonna be hard to beat....

Old 06-12-2007, 12:18 PM
NC Pirate
Road Master

I recently moved up to Winston from Charlotte and used to live only about a mile from Pat Rogers, but I would only go there for accessories.They were always very difficult to deal with in sales and service. I've only heard great things about Tilley's, but I also have to put in a plug for ***'s H-D in Asheboro. If you live anywhere around northeast CLT, its not a long ride at all up hwy 49.They gave me a good deal on my bike, and now I go back there for all my service, even though I have 4 dealerships that are closer to me here in Winston......

Quick Reply: Best customer service in Charlotte area