Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Anyone belong to a local NC HOG Chapter?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007 | 12:51 PM
UNCCHarley
|
Road Master
Default Anyone belong to a local NC HOG Chapter?

I am a member at Tilley HD in Statesville and tried TWICE to join the local chapter. Both times I was totally blown off and finally told them forget it. A friend somehow convinced me to try again, stupid me, a month later and still no check cashed and no replies to any emails sent the chapter leaders.

I joined Tilley on a Saturday and 3 days later had a membership card. I like Tilley but it is a drive from where I live and had wanted to do something closer. My mistake.

Just wondered who else was a member of their local chapter and which one.

Old 06-11-2007 | 04:01 PM
rock5986
Tourer
Default RE: Anyone belong to a local NC HOG Chapter?

Sounds familiar man!! My wife and I went to a HOG chapter meeting in Rock Hill in January 2006. Out of 30 people there may have been 3 or 4 that even acknowledged us. We said screw it!! well, when ***'s open the new dealership we decided to try it again. Whole new group of people and very polite. We have made several good friends and our chapter is very active. I think you'll find in any chapter that theres gonna be about 30 faces that are regulars, then maybe half a dozen that end up getting stuck doing all the work. Its a great way to meet people to ride with, but its gonna be up to you to make yourself a part of the chapter and be active. As far as Harley Davidson, I cant say as they add a damn thing to the membership other than giving you a pin now and then.

Old 06-11-2007 | 05:52 PM
UNCCHarley
|
Road Master

Well I REALLY wanted to be part of the local chapter because they were alot closer than Tilley. Do not get me wrong, Tilley is awesome, but it is almost 35 miles 1 way to get there. After this latest incident I am seriously thinking of contacting HOG itself and ask is this the way they want their group to be portrayed. I am finding out I am not the only one who has been treated badly by this chapter or this dealership.

Old 06-15-2007 | 12:07 PM
wendyjo
Stage III

Hey there, I am a member of the Charlotte HOG chapter, based out of the Charlotte dealership on Independence in Matthews. It's a bit of a ride for me since I live in Concord by the speedway, but the group is really friendly (like all clubs there are clicks) and they ride 2 -3 times a week (dinner rides, ice cream rides, and weekend rides). I tried several times to join the concord HOG chapter but like many of the other comments, I got no response, plus I hear they are very clicky and stuck up. All in all, I am glad that I joined the Charlotte chapter and have made a lot of good friends. We ride and hang out regularly out side of the chapter rides & get togethers. You should come down for the next meeting, we will be glad to have you, it's July 6th (first friday of each month). Good luck and take care.

Old 06-15-2007 | 12:18 PM
UNCCHarley
|
Road Master

Wendyjo, same exact experience I had with them. I wonder if writing to the main HOG corporate would do anything? It is ashame that Pat Roger's HOG chapter think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. The arrogance is amazing, but not really surprising seeing how arrogant Roger's himself is.

Old 06-15-2007 | 12:30 PM
wendyjo
Stage III

Yeah, I honestly don't think writing to corporate would do anything. From what I understand these chapters are "set in there ways" and there is no changing them. Yeah, Pat is way to arrogant for his own good! I tell you what I won't buy another bike from them!

[IMG]local://upfiles/32875/35CEF16F40884876A0C49D49BA92D7AA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-15-2007 | 01:53 PM
UNCCHarley
|
Road Master

I will not step foot in there. When I first bought my bike, from another dealer, I went there to order parts. The parts guy LIED to me flat out, and when I found out I demanded they be cancelled and a refund issued. Pat refused and offered a "store credit" I said I was not interested in a $700 store credit and only after threatening to call Harley did he offer a refund.

The HOG chapter seems to have the same mentality and I am amazed they have any members. Unfortunately with all the NASCAR drivers going to Pat's he will never lose his dealership, and it is ashame, because he and his general manager are serious ego maniacs who think they are superior to everyone else.

Old 06-15-2007 | 03:07 PM
UltraPassenger
Road Captain

TheCatawba ValleyHog Club is a pretty good bunch of folks, but we do have some that wouldn't speak to you if their lives depended on it. Those folksdo provide good entertainment though, one wife got drunk at the Christmas party and beat the crap out of her husband for talking to another lady. I guess stuff like that makes them think they are superior to the rest of us. Poor guy just sat there and let her beat him in the head with her purse...as she looked down her nose...

Old 06-15-2007 | 05:42 PM
SiLlY
Road Warrior

I considered it two years ago. I couldn't find a reason why I should pay to be apart of them. No offense to those that are members.

Old 06-16-2007 | 10:53 AM
FKNDLX
Banned

Best thing about the dealer in Concord is the bar across the parking lot.

Quick Reply: Anyone belong to a local NC HOG Chapter?