Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

My first MBBW>>>

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007 | 11:52 PM
Snort
|
Road Captain
Default My first MBBW>>>

This was my first MBBW. We (G/F and I) trailered down Thursday morning. Got settled in the room and it was misting rain. I HAD to go out and see what it was all about so out we went... rode around abit and stopped at the Red Rooster Ultra Saloon. We sat out front and had a cold beverage and watched the bikes rip up and down Hwy 17 and watched the cops stop them for noise and stupid antics.
After just a few minutes there we see a guy and girl go down hard on the road. He must have hit the front brake on the wet street. I didn't actually see him at first, just the girl. Both went to the hospital via ambulance. Tore up a nice white Heritage Softail. No cage involved.
Headed back to the hotel but had dinner on the way. It was raining hard as we left. I had never ridden in the rain and this was a downpour. First rain ride and at night (first night ride too), about 10 miles or so. Made it home safe but wet and with very white knuckles.
Friday wetried to meet up with some forum members but it didn't work out so we just winged it and had a fun time checking out the vendors, finding a couple of "hole in the wall" places and dinner again on the way home but this time no rain. We headed out again around 9pm but I was so tired and my back was weak so we turned around and went back to the room.
Saturday we headed to the big organized places and bought some leather and needed stuff that all bikers should own. We saw some really cool stuff being installed on bikes and also some cool custom/"off the shelf"choppers.All along I was scoping out the late model Touring bikes so I could plan out my future mods. Back to the Red Rooster again around 7 and we were able to watch all the fun unfold again. The Wild Turkey girls were pushing their new drink, Honey Wild Turkey, so I bought the GF a couple of shots and got some cool free merchandise. I think I wore my better half out with the drinks so back to the room for some more rest.
Sunday we had to vacate the room but were able to take a little ride for food and memorebelia and then for the obligitory walk on the beach.
Leaving MBBW was cool on Hwy 22 until we got to 501 then the **** hit the fan! We putted along for 2.5 hrs until it finally started clearing up and we could roll. I played defense for the tired bikers riding home andreally enjoyed it. A lot of unsuspecting and ignorant cagers learned a bit of respect for our kind whether they wanted to or not. I got a lot of thumbs up for the help along the way.

Old 05-21-2007 | 12:20 AM
NC_Biker
Cruiser
Default RE: My first MBBW>>>

Richard I m glad you had a great time , a safe ride and returned home safely.I sorry I didnt call you when I was at SBB origional (beaver bar next door), was there friday night and most of the day staurday. Yes the traffic was a bit bad, but I go to MBB all the time and know a few back roads that saved us a lot of time. Usually find a place and stay there awhile because of traffic. I Passed the Red Rooster on the way to Dog House north Sat. night, made the comment to the wife lotta people over there but we didnt stop. Oh we leftfor MBBthursday around 6:30 pm, It rained its *** off all the way, got a 1/4 mile from the house pulled over and put the leathers on. All in all we had a great time, Bands were great, people we met were very friendly, my wife had a great time as usual. I gonna see if I can talk her into the Lake Lure ride June 1st.Gope everyone had a great time and returned home safely.

Old 05-21-2007 | 09:40 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member

Glad you had a good time Snort. Sorry we wasn't able to meet up Saturday, we went to both SBB's then headed up to FBI to see if they could figure out the chirping sound I got after they put on new rims and shoes on the bike. By then it was close to 6 PM and we got cleaned up to go out to eat and loaded up and headed home around 11PM Saturday to beat the rush. Once we got out of MB the traffic was lite and we were home in 4 hours.

Old 05-21-2007 | 11:38 PM
King Kobra
Cruiser

I had a good time and added a small pictorial of my short but super busy weekend if anyone cares to take a gander Its in post #9 of this thread.https://www.hdforums.com/m_1660862/m...tm.htm#1665523

Needless to sayI had a blast! as always. Been to 2 already and haven't had a motorcyleyet (parking fees are killing me in that cage!) but that will all changeby this weekend.

Old 05-23-2007 | 12:01 AM
Bill918
Road Captain

BadX,
Not to hijack the thread, but I was up at the FBI setup and loved their sh$t. Especially liked the 200 tire setup with the inset license frame fender. What did they do for ya.

Old 05-23-2007 | 03:57 PM
Jody FLHRCI
Cruiser

Hey Snort,

I went for the extended weekend at Myrtle Beach also. I had a great time. I even had a major set back for being at a Rally, but I didn't let it bother me. I arrived Thursday around lunchtime, a good couple of hours before the misting rain started. Was immediately able to check in four hours early, that was a big plus. Got to unload the luggage into the room early. Then rode a little and then got a bite to eat at Hooters. Came out of Hooters, it had already starting mist. Put the bikes back in the parking garage at the resort, just several blocks down the road to 26th Avenue North. Went to the room andmixed a couple premium beverages. Several hours past and went walkingSouth on Kings Avenue North past Red Roosters and was on the way back and right at Arby's when the bottom fell out. Decided it was time for a Dinner at Arby's.

Friday, went out fora morning ride and to start checking out the vendors. About lunch time I picked up a 3/8 self-tapping screw with a bolt head on it in my rear tire that had less than a 1,000 miles on it. Called Road America for a tow, and straight to North Myrtle Beach Harley-Davidson, BIG MISTAKE. They kept my bike 28 hours and all it needed was a rear tire installed. Yes, I was in line and didn't expect it to be done in an hour or two. They had told me it would be done in about 3 to 4 hours and definitely before they closed. Big Lie. I had hung out there for a little while and seen other bikes go around mine in line. They reassured me they were taking the bikes in first come first serve. What can you say when you are at the mercy of a Dealer during a Bike Rally?

So I decided to rent a car. Was going to rent a bike, but all were rented....Imagaine that. I stopped back at 7:30 pm, just 30 minutes before they closed. Rally hours were from 8 AM to 8 PM. My bike was at the front, and I watched the two bikes behind mine go around, LOL. Sometimes, I guess you have to appreciate a good HD Dealer Lie. I got to watch my bike get rolled in by the technician, he told me mine would be the first bike first thing in the morning. I was Okay with this. I went back 2 hours and 30 minutes after they had opened Saturday Morning and my bike was rolled back out to the line and was first in line again. LOL. They told me this time the machine they use on Laced wheels is broken and the part was on the way to fix it. I left and went to Broadway at the Beach, and also checked out Colonial Mall. After leaving these vendor areas, I decided to stop by and see if my bike is ready to pick up. The bike was done and had my new Wide White Wall BLUE Tire on the rear. I told them I needed the blue removed and the service adviser said he wished he could but the pressure washer was broke, LOL. This place is a Joke. I spoke with the service manager and asked him, he went and checked on the pressure washer, I followed him. A service person had just finished using it and didn't know anything was wrong with it and said it worked fine. The service manger cleaned the blue off of the white wall. Small detail they didn't want to do for a bill that was $277.96 for one tire.

I had refused to let themscrew-up my weekend and my first Myrtle Beach Bike Rally. Made up for the 28 hours without my bike on Saturday through Monday morning. I had booked & stayed an extra night to cruise out of the Beach Monday morning with Non-stop traffic, worked perfect. I still made the best out of the not so good situation and enjoyed my stay at the Rally.

I had wanted to stop by at the Meet & Greet but wasn't able to, Maybe next time. Was taking the rental car back just minutes before having to pay another day.

Anyone with HOG, The Road America Towing Package is worth it's weight in GOLD, I had upgraded mine with the trip interruption that helps reimbursement of expenses. Was told it would even cover a rental bike, but all were rented. It does have a cap on it b

Old 05-23-2007 | 05:33 PM
Ash
Advanced

next time anyone needs a tire , check out moons cycle repair. they are in the mall parking lot behind the hooters at merils inlet. they are usually busy also, but he wouldnt feed you any **** about how long it would be! stand up guy that tells you flat out how it is. Ive been to myrtle beach the last four years now and I always have a blast. I also missed the meet and greet but I did see amy I think, but I didnt say anything to her. So much to do there you usually need a few days to get to everthing. We usually go sat-sat thats nice because I get to see everything early in the week and the just kick back a booze the last little bit we're there.

Old 05-24-2007 | 01:17 AM
Jody FLHRCI
Cruiser

Thanks Ash,

Will keep that in mind about Moons cycle repair. Believe it or not, I had pulled off in the parking lot of Scotchman convenience store on 6th ave North & Kings Hwy. I was two doors down from B & M cycles. I walked behind the building to the service department and the guy had a big closed sign hanging up. I found the person working the service adviser and he told me they were not taking anymore service request that day, they were way behind and were trying to do catch up on everyone who already had service tickets.

Laced wheels or Mag? Mag wheels can be plugged and on the way you go. Harley wants to sell a tire, and also scared of the Liability.If you don't like a plug you can always go home without incident and get a tire during a tire sale. I have Laced wheels on my FLHRCI and starting to wonder if Mag wheels will be the way to go. I use to do tire, suspension work, alignment (2 & 4 wheel), collision damage repairon vehicles also known as Front end Man. I don't missed those days working at a auto dealer. I kept the old tire, it has a single puncture in the bottom center of the tire. No sidewall damage. Less than 1,000 miles on it. It hasn't even worn off the rubber t*****s yet.

I still had a good time, and didn't let the setback bother me. Bill will arrive in a month, LOL. I made the most of my extended weekend at the beach and I got another NEW TIRE, LOL.

Everyone Takecare,

Jody
2003 FLHRCI Anniversary

Old 05-25-2007 | 08:09 AM
vabiker07
Cruiser

Glad you guys enjoyed.....my FIRST was last year and was unable to go this year cause I am trying to build a garage and ALL extra $$ is going that way so nothing for Bike Week...Next year