Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Myrtle Beach Bike week 5/8/15-5/16/15

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 11:14 AM
Zooki1
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Myrtle Beach Bike week 5/8/15-5/16/15

I am considering going to Bike week in May (1st week) and I need recommendations on where to stay. It needs to be ocean view/ocean access (wife defintly wants to be on the ocean) I have contatcted Garden Realty and so far they had me look at Surfmaster and Watersedge. Can anyone tell me anything about either or I would be glad to look at other suggestions. Just need some ideas, neither I or the wife have been in the area before

Old 02-22-2015, 09:30 AM
JTNC110
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zooki1
I am considering going to Bike week in May (1st week) and I need recommendations on where to stay. It needs to be ocean view/ocean access (wife defintly wants to be on the ocean) I have contatcted Garden Realty and so far they had me look at Surfmaster and Watersedge. Can anyone tell me anything about either or I would be glad to look at other suggestions. Just need some ideas, neither I or the wife have been in the area before
I'm staying at the hilton for one reason really.... They section off an area of they're parking deck for bikes only and have security there. So your bike is covered if it rains and secure.
Be careful some places don't allow bikes on the property and have you park in a rented lot offsite. They shuttle you to and from your bike. I would be scetched out with that scenerio.
The Hilton isn't cheap but it's nice, has a nice pool and tiki bar on the beach.
I'd be open to hearing others about the bike parking situations where they are staying.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:55 PM
dgreen1069
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll be following this post myself. I logged in to ask the exact same question. I haven't been to Myrtle Beach in about 20 years and have never been during Bike Week.

Where do people recommend staying? North Myrtle, South Myrtle, Surfside, Murrell's Inlet? I definitely want somewhere with ocean front rooms and secure parking. A beach bar would be a definite plus!

Old 03-08-2015, 10:43 AM
WHOPR
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking MB Spring Rally

Hi all, This will be my 11th year at the spring rally in MB. We have stayed at various places within city limits until Mayor Rhodes decided he did not want the rallies (or the money) in "his" city anymore. So we, along with many others, have been staying in North Myrtle the last 5 years or so. As stated above, many of the hotels do not allow motorcycle parking in their garages, that is discrimination to me, I was told that is the decision of the HOA as most, if not all, are privately owned condos. This year we are staying at Seawatch resort, first time there, have a 17th floor penthouse reserved. I also know that the Avista resort is biker friendly too, we have stayed there as well, very nice. I have spoke with or stayed at MANY hotels in MB, not only for the rally but family vacations also. If you are considering a place I can throw my 2 cents in about it if you want.

Ride Safe

Old 03-08-2015, 10:53 AM
dgreen1069
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks WHOPR for chiming in. Are there better days to go than others? I was thinking about the 10th to 15th. I read that South Myrtle wasn't very friendly, but I also saw someone mention that a lot of the festivities are in Murrell's Inlet. Is there a main dealership with vendors and such or is everything spread out?

Old 03-08-2015, 10:56 AM
Zooki1
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dgreen1069
I'll be following this post myself. I logged in to ask the exact same question. I haven't been to Myrtle Beach in about 20 years and have never been during Bike Week.

Where do people recommend staying? North Myrtle, South Myrtle, Surfside, Murrell's Inlet? I definitely want somewhere with ocean front rooms and secure parking. A beach bar would be a definite plus!
I can get you the information of where we are staying when i get back home later today if you want? I rented a condo that looks very nice and was better/cheaper than all the motels i looked at and offers the security of parking

Old 03-08-2015, 11:15 AM
WHOPR
Stage III
Talking

As far as accomadations go on the south end, not sure. True there is a lot of action in the south, the majority I would say, SBB, and the Beaver Bar are great, that in Murrells's inlet, but what is the worst part of that, you have to ride? The north HD Dealer handle all the motorcycle sales and the south end HD dealer has all the vendors and stuff, even in NMB there are bikes everywhere, like I said after the Mayor pulled his little stunt people pretty much abandoned anything within city limits, "not a dime in 09" was the motto and is somewhat the same feeling. Other than cruising down the strip in MB there is not any vendors and such. Probably the best place up North is Barefoot Landing, lots of vendors, House of blues and many, many independant vendors.
As far as the best time to go it does seem to get the most crowds towards the end of the week IMO, We are heading down on the 10th and returning on the 16th. Its all a great time to me.

We have used CONDOLUX for reservations the last several years and seem to be very honest and given some pretty good deals, just ask for some discounts, they have some wiggle room in there prices. Better to talk to a live person than reserve online for a better deal IMO.

800-624-6418
information@condolux.net

Ride Safe

Last edited by WHOPR; 03-08-2015 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:15 PM
stbob07
Cruiser

So where can we park trailers in myrtlebeach.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:03 PM
JTNC110
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stbob07
So where can we park trailers in myrtlebeach.
It all depends on where you stay. Some places allow trailer parking onsite, others have remote lots available, and some don't allow them at all.
Your best bet is to call around.
Also, there are lots for trailers that aren't affiliated with hotels etc. Google MB bike week trailer parking.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:46 PM
stbob07
Cruiser

Thanks for the advice. Rode down from pa last year. The ride back after all the partying was a tough one. Lol

Quick Reply: Myrtle Beach Bike week 5/8/15-5/16/15