Softail Custom Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 08:44 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Softail Custom Pictures

Romigula, you're bike looks awesome! Looks like we're kinda thinkin' along the same lines. Similar tastes, but just different enough to give our bikes their own identity.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:09 AM
mike@nhca.us
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn you guys,a chrome front end and hiding the wires was not even on my wishlist until I started looking at the (very nice) difference they made on your bikes.

Now I will definately have to go to several AA meetings (Accessories Anonymis), justto try to forget.

Damn it!

Mike@nhca.us

Old 02-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

Mike, do they have AA organizations everywhere? I think I need to start goin' to some meetings also.

Did you get my email?

Old 02-04-2008, 09:55 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: Live2Ride
I think I need to start goin' to some meetings also.
START GOING!!!!
I thought you were the founder?

MAybe I should rephrase that, you and DeuceBigalow were co-founders, right?

Old 02-04-2008, 10:10 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

ORIGINAL: Citoriplus

I think I need to start goin' to some meetings also.
START GOING!!!!
I thought you were the founder?

MAybe I should rephrase that, you and DeuceBigalow were co-founders, right?
If I was one of the founders, I'd have a lot more money in my bank account right now. I'm addicted to accessories, and my wife says I need to kick the habit. It seems as soon as I buy one accessory to get my fix, the high wears off and I need to get another accessory.

I think it was Deuce Bigalow and Crazy Canuck in the Deuce Picture Thread that started the organization. VooDoo might have been in on it also. I think had a small accessory habit before I joined this site, but those guys turned it into a full addiction for me. I need help.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:49 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus

I think it was Deuce Bigalow and Crazy Canuck in the Deuce Picture Thread that started the organization. VooDoo might have been in on it also. I think had a small accessory habit before I joined this site, but those guys turned it into a full addiction for me. I need help.
I don't quite buy that one, I remember your old blue Deuce.
As for help, man are you in the wrong neighborhood. [sm=forgetit.gif]

Old 02-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

ORIGINAL: Citoriplus
I don't quite buy that one, I remember your old blue Deuce.
As for help, man are you in the wrong neighborhood. [sm=forgetit.gif]
She was purty, wasn't she.... [&o]

That bike still holds a place in my heart. I absolutely love my Custom, but I guess I just haven't had it long enough to get quite as attached to it as I was my Deuce. I think the Custom stillneeds quite a bit of customizing to reach the level my Deuce was on.

What do you think I should do next? I'm wantin' to put a springer front end on it, but that probably won't happen for a couple years. What do you think about black fork boots? I think they add a nice retro look. If I do that, I'll also send off the top pieces on the fork lowers and have them powdercoated black also. I'm also wantin' to get some Perse spike axle covers. I'd probably keep those chrome. I'm also wantin' to get a different headlight. I don't really want a longer one. I'm thinkin' one about the same size, just rigid mounted so it doesn't have the bolts stickin' out of the bottom of the housing. Any other ideas or opinions?

Old 02-04-2008, 01:05 PM
steelhorse 1971
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can relate,right now all I want to do is a set of wheels and pulleys and some custom paint.Oh and some flush mount gauges and a custom dash and a retro seat and a a a where were those meeting again?

Old 02-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

ORIGINAL: steelhorse 1971

I can relate,right now all I want to do is a set of wheels and pulleys and some custom paint.Oh and some flush mount gauges and a custom dash and a retro seat and a a a where were those meeting again?
lol To sign up for the meetings, you can send your payments/donations directly to me.

Old 02-04-2008, 01:56 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus

I think "work of art" mightfit better than pretty. But I'm sure that sooner or later the Custom will be just as nice.
I have been thinking about a Springer front for mine, especially since seeing an XBones up close. Wouldn't mind putting that one on, but I would keep the 21" front wheel. Just like the all black look, maybe with a set of chrome springs. I even like the pinstriping on it, but no way am I going to replace my Custom. Got too much invested in it as it is, and besides I like it too much to think about tradeing.
I'm not much of a fan of the "boots", but if it floats your boat, go boating. Maybe you can get a cute young babe in a bikini to ride in back, when the wife's not looking of course.
Powder coating the front black sounds like a better idea.
The light on your old Deuce was longer but it was a nice one, why not do it again?
Could also look into upgrading thebrake and shift levers.

Damn here we go again, when/where is that next AA meeting?
I think we BOTH need to go, SOON!!!

EDIT: I'm in worse shape than I thought. In the minute or so since I typed that the UPS guydropped off a box of goodies from Zenotte's. My new Diamondback cables, brake lines, plus a couple of other things I have been waiting for. Oh well its off to the garage I go, tools in hand to do my bit to keep the accessory division of HD in business.

Quick Reply: Softail Custom Pictures