Softail Custom Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 10:46 AM
The Baron
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Softail Custom Pictures

ORIGINAL: Live2Ride

Yeah. I got the Harley smoked lens/bulb kit. It's a small mod that's fairly cheap, but it makes a big difference. It's makes the signals "disappear" more when they're not in use (parked).
I put these on as well and really like the look with my silver bike. i also added a lay down smoked tail lamp lens from J&P and it really follows the fender nicely.

Nice lookin' bikes everyone.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:25 PM
AK47
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My new Bike and first Harley ever.
Sorry for the total crap pics but i will get better ones. So far i have bought the retro seat and skull derby cover. Waiting impatiently to ride as it is -38 C where i am right now. lol.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:14 PM
maddog53
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great ride and good luck, i hope you a have deep wallet.

[IMG]local://upfiles/19325/B6EECC5F0DE547938069FF2600559AF5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-30-2008, 02:17 AM
BlackDragon
Tourer

Congrats on the new ride AK47.

Now U have strated by buying a few pieces don't think it will stop, Maybe Ever. LOL

Have fun when ya can get out on her.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:28 AM
mike@nhca.us
Tourer

Live2Ride, How do you like the Wind Vest windshield?

What height did you buy and how tall are you in comparison?

I was thinking about the 14", just to take the edge off at highway speeds. I'm 6' tall.

Also, have you taken the mounts off yet, and does it look like there can be any scratching on the handlebars?

Also, I am curious on whether you like the look of the mounting hardware, it looks a little bulkie on their website.

Thanks in advance for answering the multiple questions

Mike@nhca.us

Old 01-30-2008, 09:42 AM
crazy13692001
Novice

Has Corbin shipped your seat yet? I went to thier web site and looked at the new seat for the fxstc. Just wondering about waiting time for orders.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: mike@nhca.us

Live2Ride, How do you like the Wind Vest windshield?

What height did you buy and how tall are you in comparison?

I was thinking about the 14", just to take the edge off at highway speeds. I'm 6' tall.

Also, have you taken the mounts off yet, and does it look like there can be any scratching on the handlebars?

Also, I am curious on whether you like the look of the mounting hardware, it looks a little bulkie on their website.

Thanks in advance for answering the multiple questions

Mike@nhca.us

I love it. I had the HD Quick-Release windshield on my bike before (the one that clamps onto the forks), and I like the Windvest much more. I really like how it seems to "disappear" on the bike, rather than distract and take away from the look of the bike. I'm 5'6" and I got the 14". It works just as the directions said it should. In the directions, it says to go about 50mph and hold your hand straight out in front of you. Then raise your hand until the wind blows it back. It should blow back just above your head. That's exactly what mine does. When I'm riding, I don't even notice the windshield is there. It sits about chin height, so I look completely over it. The windshield has a lip at the top to direct the wind higher, so the design allows for a shorter windshield. I think it allows just the right amount of wind to hit my body. Riding with the Windvest feels about like riding slow through town with no windshield at all. So it really doesn't take away the feel of riding a motorcycle. I haven't taken the mounts off yet to see if they've scratched my handlebars. I'm sure I did scratch mine, though, because I was an idiot. I didn't have the bolts tightened enough and going down the interstate, I noticed the wind blew my windshield back a little bit. So while I was riding, I pushed it back forward. Right after I did that, I thought to myself "why the hell did I just do that?" I haven't looked to see it scratched or not, but I'm guessing it did because the clamps were still kinda tight when I pushed it forward, just not tight enough to hold against the wind. I don't really think the hardware is that bulky. I'm willing to sacrifice the bulk of the hardware for the size of the windshield. I think other windshields look a lot more bulky. Also, the hardware is chrome, rather than brushed or polished aluminum like other windshields have. I think the hardware is just big enough to keep the windshield stable. It doesn't shake at all when flyin' down the interstate. Most windshields seem to shake like crazy when the wind starts hittin' them, and it can be really distracting. I think I answered all your questions. If you have anymore, let me know. I would definitely recommend this windshield, though. I was wanting one that I could put on and take off easily because I'm not a real fan of windshields. However, after riding with this one, it will stay on the bike because I like the comfort it gives and I like the look of it.

If you decide you don't want the Windvest for one reason or another, I still have the HD Quick-Release windshield with a light tint.I rode with it on my Deuce once. The only other time it was put on the bike was when I put it on my Custom to see if it would fit, and it does. The difference between the Deuce model and the Custom model is the vertical spacing of the clamps. The Deuce had less space between the tripple trees, so the clamps are closer together. The model for the Custom has the clamps further apart. If you're interested, I'll make you a REALLY good deal on it.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:33 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the family, AK47! Nice color choice!

Old 01-30-2008, 02:08 PM
AK47
Road Captain

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
Here are some better pics with my new seat!

Old 01-30-2008, 03:50 PM
snowmass
Tourer

Has Corbin shipped your seat yet? I went to thier web site and looked at the new seat for the fxstc. Just wondering about waiting time for orders.
Not yet. They said 3-4 weeks and it has been 3 and a half. When the guy at Corbin took the order he said "I haven't even seen one of these myself yet". So they are just getting started making these. I did have some custom stuff done for it though, it will have braided piping and blue stitching to match the paint. I got the narrow Gunfighterdriver's backrest, and itwill also haveblue stitching. I'm hoping it looks good.

Quick Reply: Softail Custom Pictures