Number 4

[IMG]local://upfiles/19820/01E3F1A85B4D4A589926435E6D2ACAA9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-10-2006, 02:32 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: Softail Custom Pictures

paulca,
Nice looking bike, but I have a couple of questions about those handle bars if you don't mind.
Where did you get them, and how do they fit compared to the originals?
I'm looking to replace mine with some that put the grips lower and farther back.
From the pics it looks like thy might be just what I'm looking for.

Thanks

Old 12-10-2006, 03:13 AM
detonator
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice customs I have to say I have to give credit were credits due!

Old 12-10-2006, 08:02 AM
paulca
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Citoriplus

paulca,
Nice looking bike, but I have a couple of questions about those handle bars if you don't mind.
Where did you get them, and how do they fit compared to the originals?
I'm looking to replace mine with some that put the grips lower and farther back.
From the pics it looks like thy might be just what I'm looking for.

Thanks
Thanks Citoriplus, I like your bike too!

Fire away with questions, I don't mind at all.

The bars are Harley Swingback handlebars (p/n 56039-03A). For me these are much more comfortable and I like the styling. As I'm only 5' 6", reaching up on the apes (& they're only mini apes) was not comfortable as my legs seemed to be pulled back from the pegs. With a rise of 5.5" against 10.5" on the standards I'm not stretching up pulling my feet away from the pegs. The pullback is 8.0" vs 7.25", not much different but because I'm not reaching up, they feel closer (elbows more relaxed) and I sit lower and more relaxed in the saddle. Also the rear end was dropped an inch, so both feet are firmly planted when needed.

A technician at the dealer gave me a tip for short reach folk like me is to put an FL brake pedal pad on so the right foot doesn't have to turn inwards to reach the brake pedal. So I have a rather large FL brake pedal pad on which doesn't look perfect but is very comfortable too. I'm at the age where comfort takes precedence over styling - though styling is still important .

Regards, Paul

Old 12-10-2006, 01:39 PM
dg7080
Cruiser

Guys I am about a day away from picking up one of these customs. Got to have one, been in love with it since I saw one on the show room back in the summer. But, cant make up my mind if I want to go with black which is what I originally thought I wanted till I walked into my stealer the other day and saw one of those sude blue and black two tones sit'n there. Thats a great looking color but I dont know if long term I can go with a soft color like that. What do yall think of it?

Also, I have to have a windshield, do any of yall have any pics of your new customs that have a windshield? I'm thinking a HD quick standard size would look good on her?

Looking for input!

Old 12-10-2006, 02:27 PM
paulca
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: dg7080

Guys I am about a day away from picking up one of these customs. Got to have one, been in love with it since I saw one on the show room back in the summer. But, cant make up my mind if I want to go with black which is what I originally thought I wanted till I walked into my stealer the other day and saw one of those sude blue and black two tones sit'n there. Thats a great looking color but I dont know if long term I can go with a soft color like that. What do yall think of it?

Also, I have to have a windshield, do any of yall have any pics of your new customs that have a windshield? I'm thinking a HD quick standard size would look good on her?

Looking for input!
DG,

My preference was & is black, doesn't mean other colours are not as good or even better - it's just a personal choice. Also black sets off chrome goodies very nicely. On the other hand there'll be a lot of black ones around. Red is very nice too.

I don't have a shield but I saw a black FXSTC the other day with an HD screen, it seemed big for the bike though. The bike looked OK but something smaller with clean lines might have suited it better like: http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

The Wind Vest http://www.windvest.com/products/products.html looks good too and reports on it's effectiveness without undue buffering are good. Again it's all personal choice.

Regards, Paul

Old 12-16-2006, 09:50 AM
skips69
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finished up the bars, controls, new head light, moving the front turn signals, adding braided lines, etc. Finally found a solo seat as well! Took some quick pics, but have for the time left the sissy bar on. Not the look I am after, but was in a hurry to take some short rides.

Old 12-16-2006, 09:59 AM
skips69
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was waiting on LePera or mammoth Choppers to come out with a solo, but production kept getting put back for the new bike's. I started hearing about C&C's here on this board and ultimately went with them. The seat arrived quickly, and the price was comparable to what I was going to pay anyway. The seat is well made, fits the bike good and is more comfortable than the Bare Bones I ran on a previous bike (more padding). I wish it sit me back a little farther and down a little lower (as the Bare Bones does), but the extra padding that this on has is a nice trade off (plus is not even broke in yet). Some closer shots if anyone is still looking or interested in solo's for the 06-07's.....

Quick Reply: Softail Custom Pictures