Softail Custom Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 11:36 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: Softail Custom Pictures

ORIGINAL: wingnutt
I picked up and installed the run brake turn module this weekend. Tookall of 5 min to do. I think its the best $55 ive spent so far.If I would have known about it though, I would have spent another 10 bucks on the kuryakyn module. It flashes the lights quickly three times, then stays on.
I'm not entirely comfortable with the turn/run/brake things. I would rather have just the turn/brake module. That way there's a greater contrast between running and stopping, or turning.
A light that's always on and just gets brighter doesn't grab your attention as much or as fast as one that suddenly does come on real bright.
The three blink and solid on setups may help to get the message out, but I like simple solutions, and if I have the timeand know I'm stopping I can do the flashy thing on my own. But I don't want to fool around when I'm in a panic stop situation. I want the guy behind me to know in no uncertain terms when the light's on it means STOP and right now. Not after he or she who knows squat about bike lighting figures out what the cutefunny flashing lightmight mean.

Just remember its only MY opinion, and opinions are like butt holes.
Everyone has one and they all stink.

Old 10-28-2007, 12:32 PM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

didnt mean to post a large photo...
this is my new scoot.....custom, custom with retro low seat.....had the suspension lowered so there wouldnt be too much daylight between the rear fender and tire.....

Old 10-28-2007, 12:55 PM
BkrDude001
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Citoriplus

I'm not entirely comfortable with the turn/run/brake things. I would rather have just the turn/brake module. That way there's a greater contrast between running and stopping, or turning.
A light that's always on and just gets brighter doesn't grab your attention as much or as fast as one that suddenly does come on real bright.
The three blink and solid on setups may help to get the message out, but I like simple solutions, and if I have the timeand know I'm stopping I can do the flashy thing on my own. But I don't want to fool around when I'm in a panic stop situation. I want the guy behind me to know in no uncertain terms when the light's on it means STOP and right now. Not after he or she who knows squat about bike lighting figures out what the cutefunny flashing lightmight mean.

Just remember its only MY opinion, and opinions are like butt holes.
Everyone has one and they all stink.
I put the KuryAkyn run/stop/turn unit on mine. I also put red leds, too. I understand what you're saying about the contrast, but I like the idea of more lights on for visibility.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:47 PM
Rich C
Advanced

First of all Orangevette - nice looking bike...[sm=biker.gif][sm=massbounce.gif]

Citoriplus - what I meant about the pod is I would place it toward the front of the back fender, underneath. So when I stop, cruising around at night, the whole back end would glow red. Servesno function, just different. Plus I am looking at the Street Magic with the Black Magic lights.

For the windvest, I like it a lot. It is a small windshield that keeps the wind off the chest for the most part. (Plus I have no bugs on my faceshield now) I can tell the difference. I rode 170 plus miles without it and I was tired (tons of bugs on the helmet). Riding 350 plus miles with the windvest, big difference. I didn't feel like I was beat down. The main reason I chose the Windvest, small footprint. I didn't want a windshield that was going to take away from the bike. Hope that answers your question.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:10 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

That does, I like the idea of a smaller one for the same reasons. The light under the fender sounds different but I wonder how long it will last from the rocks and junk the tire can and will toss up there.
Thanks for the info.

Old 10-29-2007, 12:16 PM
jf
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

@ Rich C bought a HD windshield was really disapointed lot of buffeting around the Head do you get this? which model is that windvest trying to work out on the website which one fits the custom. yours looks real good.

Old 10-29-2007, 12:57 PM
Rich C
Advanced

I have the 14 " windvest, I would like to check out the 16 inch. But anyway, if you align the windshield correctly you get very little. The test is holding your hand in from of your chest at 50 mph, no wind. Then move it up a bit and you will find where the wind starts. I get the wind at the top of my helmet. I do find I get a bit of air from the sides. I like this because I like fresh air, even in the car. Now the father you sit back the more wind you will receive, like me seating on the back seat riding down the road.If you don't want any air, I guess you could buy a full windshield or a bagger.

I like the windvest because of the small foot print and I no longer get bugs on the face shield or up my helmet. (damn bee down the shirt was no fun and got stung multiple times, without the shield)

Hey Citoriplus, come on down to Columbia, SC and I will let you take it for a ride. That is for jf also.

The model? Well the part number from Zanotti was 42-955.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:28 PM
paulca
Road Captain

orangevette, welcome to the forums; very nice colour scheme there.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:11 PM
jf
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

thanks for the offer rich c wish I could but unfortunatly i live in the cold wet UK and with all the chrome parts im buying at the minute i couldnt afford a trip to the USA

Old 10-29-2007, 10:40 PM
mike1213
Intermediate

Rich C, about your wind vest, I am 6' 2" would you think I may need a 16" shield? It's for a 2008 Softail Custom (not in my garage yet).

Quick Reply: Softail Custom Pictures