Softail Custom Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 06:46 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Softail Custom Pictures

Wow, mudphish! You'd never guess that bike was a '89. It looks brand new. Great lookin' bike!

Old 10-01-2007, 04:13 PM
mudphish
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Live2Ride

Wow, mudphish! You'd never guess that bike was a '89. It looks brand new. Great lookin' bike!
Thanks, I built the whole thing from stem to stern, I am however not a fabricator by any means.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Turul
Cruiser

hi,

After talking to a few techs i found out that tmax or similar only make small adjustments to the map so if you are doing bigger mods from time to time u still need a dyno or a canned good map that close to your setup, hence after wheighing it up i thought no point going after market, plus i am not keen on the little bugs they may come with the after market products... like indicator/alarm tmode//6th indic issuses to name a few so i decided to go the SERT and stick with OEM.

(some suppliers tell you that you can do any mod and tmax will dyno for you apparently this is not so)

i may be wrong but this is what i have found out so far.

cheers

Old 10-01-2007, 07:41 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: Turul
(some suppliers tell you that you can do any mod and tmax will dyno for you apparently this is not so)

i may be wrong but this is what i have found out so far.
Anyone who tells you it "can do it all" is ignorant or stupid. Yes it does need to havesome kind of reasnably close base map. But it doesn't have to be a dyno style perfect map. The Autotune option will adjust the air/fuel ratio to maintain the optimum conditions up to some 30% off the base map without the need for a dyno.
One thing tha many people overlook with a dyno map. That map is only good so long as ALL the conditions it was made under continue to exist. In other words if the temprature varies more than a few degree's or the altitude/barametric pressure changes too much the map is no longer valid. A SERT map that uses the stock O2 sensors will still adjust the maps, but only within a very small window. A PCIII with the eliminators can't so the farther those conditions vary from when the dyno map was made the worse it will be out of tune.
This is where the Tmax w/Autotune shines, with its wide band O2 sensors it can sense wider variations in conditions and compensate for them so itstays properly tuned over those wider conditions.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Sace
Stage IV

Hello all, I'm not officially a Softtail Custom owner as of yet...but mine is suppose to be ready on the 12th of October and I've read most of these posts and I'm way too excited to not have the bike....in my mind I've probably spent another 3 or 4K just reading all the mods you guys have posted....the one question I would really like to get your opinions on is "What solo seat seems to get the best reviews?" I'm looking at a Lepera Silohoutte Solo (sp?)? Any opinions on this one? Just don't want anything too flat, even for around town butt could get a bit tired...but nothing too puffy either...trying to keep a slim/sleek look best I can....would enjoy any opinions on this, thanks..

Old 10-02-2007, 07:19 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

Welcome to the forum, Sace! And congrats on the new bike! This forum is great at shrinking your bank account. There are tons of cool bikes and good people that will help you spend your hard earned money. As far as which solo seat to get, everyone is gonna have an opinion. What works for one butt, may not work for another person's butt. For instance, many people seem to love Corbin seats, but my sister got one for her Sportster and she didn't like how hard it was. I do think Corbin does a great job of keeping the lines of the bike, and they have great quality. Their seats are pretty hard, but they break-in to the shape of your butt and that's what's supposed to make them so comfortable. You can also check out a couple of the forum sponsors; C&C Seats, and Mean City Cycles. Mustang seats are also very comfortable and of great quality, but they might not give you the look you're going for. You should probably still check 'em out. You might even want to consider picking up a cheap solo seat and sending it out to have it reshaped and/or have new foam put in it to have a fully custom made seat that will be exactly what you're wanting. There are so many options, and like I said, everyone is going to have an opinion. Oh and be sure to get some pictures of the new scoot up as soon as possible.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Sace
Stage IV

Thanks for the reply Live2Ride, I will post up as soon as I get the Hog home.....I'm really pumped up about the bike and all the possibilitiesto make it unique....10 days and counting...I've owned a few crotch rockets, couple of Rice Cruisers, and a bunch of dirtbikes...and gotta say I've never gotten this excited about getting a bike....anyways...I'll keep lurking until I can post up some pics...

Old 10-02-2007, 04:01 PM
BlueFX
Advanced

Hi all. I'm a proud owner of a 2008 Softail Custom in Blue/Black and love the bike. First street bike in 12 years and first HD. I've been following HDF for about a month now and thought it was time to say hello.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:03 PM
BlueFX
Advanced

Let me try to get a pic up.

[IMG]local://upfiles/44340/B6E7EE7A12C54AFF955B6DE9426073DF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-03-2007, 06:42 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

Welcome BlueFX! I love that color combo. My dad just bought a '08 Ultra in the same color. I haven't seen a Custom in that color in person yet, though. That blue just pops when the sun hits it. Enjoy the new bike and ride safe!

Quick Reply: Softail Custom Pictures