Softail Custom Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 12:42 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New Softail Custom

Impala,
I looked at Leonc69's post again, and in his signature, it lists his mods. For the sissybar, it says it's custom. I don't know if that means he just bought another somewhere so it's not stock (meaning it's custom), or if he had it custom made. My guess is that it was custom made. Either way, it'd be nice to know where it was purchased or where it was made. A price would be nice also.

Old 09-23-2007, 06:57 PM
impala
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Live2Ride

Old 09-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

I should be gettin' my bike back tomorrow! I'm excited. I've been without it for too long. I'll make sure to get some pictures as soon as I get it home. Of course I'm gonna have to go ride it for a while before I bring it home.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:38 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: Live2Ride
I'll make sure to get some pictures as soon as I get it home.
Of course I'm gonna have to go ride it for a while before I bring it home.
Of course, we would have expected nothing less.
However the "grace" period for getting them on line is a short one.
So please don't suddenly decide to strart out for Datona Bike Week tomorrow night, before we get to see some pics, OK?

Old 09-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

.......Fine.... I'll make sure to post pictures first.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

Well, I don't have any pictures to post of the new mods. That's because they ran into an issue when installing everything on my bike. It turns out when my pipes were sent, Martin Bros screwed up. They sent one pipe with the O2 port, and one without. So now I'm waiting to find out if they'll be able to get in the new pipe before I leave for the Myrtle Beach Fall Rally on Friday morning. On Monday morning, they're supposed to let me know what the deal is, and if it doesn't look good, I'm probably gonna go with a different exhaust. So I have the weekend to come up with a second choice. Needless to say, I was very disappointed to hear the news. However, I did get to see my new bars and powdercoated parts on the bike, and it looked awesome. The new bars are gonna take some gettin' used to, but they look really cool.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:18 PM
bstewart71
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Softail Custom Pictures

Just posting some updated pics of my ride. Ride Safe!

Old 09-28-2007, 08:43 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus

l2r,
Well I'll bet that didn't go over well. Think I might have threatened mayham if my bike was laid up longer than planned. Especially this time of year when the riding days are starting to get fewer and farther between. In a couple of months it might have annoyed me, but with snow on the ground and wind chill factors making riding an iffy thing. I would not be quite as annoyed.

bstewart71,
Looks really nice. Its hard to find a Custom, no matter what color thatdoesn't look great.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:58 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

ORIGINAL: Citoriplus

l2r,
Well I'll bet that didn't go over well. Think I might have threatened mayham if my bike was laid up longer than planned. Especially this time of year when the riding days are starting to get fewer and farther between. In a couple of months it might have annoyed me, but with snow on the ground and wind chill factors making riding an iffy thing. I would not be quite as annoyed.
I've been ridin' my Sportster while the Softail's been down, so I'm still able to ride. I just would like to be a little more comfortable on longer trips. That solo spring seat on the Sportster isn't the most comfortable seat with only a 1/2" of padding. The pipes I hoping to have put on are the Martin Bros Shock Waves. I think if they're not able to get the right pipe in time, I'm gonna see about getting the Martin Bros Money Shots. And if they can't get those in time, my third choice is just a set of Rinehart 2-into-1s. I like the custom style exhausts, but the Rineharts sound so damn good and pickin' up another 15 horses and 15 lbs of torque puts them up kinda high on the list. I guess we'll see what I find out on Monday. Oh and they knew I wasn't happy. Sunday will be 2 weeks that they've had my bike. But I gotta keep in mind that part of that time was because I was having parts powder coated. I still think they should have noticed the problem with the exhaust much sooner than they did. Oh well, though. There's nothing I can do about it, and just gettin' pissed off isn't gonna help.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:29 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus

ORIGINAL: Live2Ride
Oh well, though. There's nothing I can do about it, and just gettin' pissed off isn't gonna help.
Well your a better man than I Gunga Din, I would be truely ticked off.
But thenI don't have a "spare" bike in the garage either.
Good Luck come Monday, I hope you get exactly what you want instead of what you have to settle for.

Quick Reply: Softail Custom Pictures