Softail Custom Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Softail Custom Pictures

I think the reason your emblems are different is because you have one of the limited paintjobs. The emblems on mine are the same as pretty much every other Softail Custom. I really like the color of your bike. Those colors look great together.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

snowmass,
I really like the look and feel of the bike stock as well. I'm gonna try to keep the overall style of the bike when I customize it, but I gotta do something to make it stand out from the crowd. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna hang on to that stock seat, though. That seat feels amazing. That's the first stock seat I've liked and didn't want to change it out right away. I can ride all day on that seat and not feel a thing. And I think it looks as good as it feels.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:21 PM
snowmass
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Live2Ride: Agreecompletely about the seat. I'm at 2500 miles now and I can say that after 5 hours on the road my butt is still 100%. But do be careful with it because the vinyl on the back surface is very thin. I found out the hard way. The wife likes it too except that she wishes she had better back support. I'm thinking that if there was just a pad thatclamped to thesissy bar above the top of the stock seat, it wouldwork great.Anybody know of anything like this? I would like to keep this seat.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:57 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

ORIGINAL: snowmass

[align=left]Live2Ride: Agreecompletely about the seat. I'm at 2500 miles now and I can say that after 5 hours on the road my butt is still 100%. But do be careful with it because the vinyl on the back surface is very thin. I found out the hard way. The wife likes it too except that she wishes she had better back support. I'm thinking that if there was just a pad thatclamped to thesissy bar above the top of the stock seat, it wouldwork great.Anybody know of anything like this? I would like to keep this seat.[/align]
My wife feels the same way. I askedone of the parts guysat the dealership if there were any taller sissy bars available, and he said I wasn't the first to ask and no there isn't a taller one available. If you want a different sissy bar, you have to get a new seat, which sucks. I did see in a catalog there are sissy bar pads that strap on. I was thinking about getting a small one and seeing if I could strap it on above the seat. I believe they were somewhere around $40. I don't know when I'll get around to ordering one, though. I have a lot of other parts higher up on the list, and the Mrs says I've spent too much money here recently. So I guess I'll have to wait a while.

Old 09-04-2007, 04:29 PM
starbiker99
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice bike Live2Ride!! That is the one I almost bought until I saw the Blue & Black in person. I had a gentleman yesterday ask me where I got my seat, he said man it looks comfy. I said yes it is and it came on the bike.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:40 PM
snowmass
Tourer

I still haven't seen one of the blue and black in person, but the pic looks outstanding. Back in spring I had a hard time findingone in deep cobalt, but I finally did - it was still in the crate at a dealerabout 3 hours from here.I'm sure most people thinktheirs was the best looking bike on the showroom.Minenever got there.I love "the blues".

[IMG]local://upfiles/35939/9D40B695C842459A89EA691D764CC66D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-04-2007, 11:03 PM
snowmass
Tourer

One more.

[IMG]local://upfiles/35939/AB9657DF9A004F2DA42984A12174F2CE.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-05-2007, 08:03 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

I've always liked black Harleys. My Deuce was black before I had it painted. However, this time I got a black bike with every intention of painting it at some point. So I figured I would save the money and get the cheapest color, rather than one of the more expensive colors. Lately, though, I've started thinking about keeping it black. I guess it will depend on what my bike looks like after I get some of the other stuff put on it. I'll have to see what kinda of vision I can get for it. I've also been a fan of the blues. My first bike, a '01 1200C, was luxury rich blue and diamond ice (blue and silver), and you see I had my Deuce painted blue. I really like the blue and black color combo this year and I might would have gotten that color, but my dad just bought a '08 Ultra in that color and we ride together a lot. So I didn't want to have matching bikes. As far as the Custom goes, I think I like all the colors. I could see myself riding any of them. It's just a damn nice lookin' bike.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:15 AM
rifleart
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, here's a picture of mine, got it a few days ago. Have only done 140 kms on it, still breaking it in. Completely stock at the moment but gotV & H Big Radius pipes coming this month.
It livesbeside the Triumph Speed Triple (my other baby) in the garage, haven't heard them fighting yet!

Old 09-07-2007, 07:04 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the "Custom Club" and ya picked a winner there. Like the color combination, but I still think black is best.

Hmmm, a triple in the same garage as a Hog, hope they don't get together and have offspring.
Gonna make for some strange looking mini bikes.

Quick Reply: Softail Custom Pictures