Softail Custom Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 02:28 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: Softail Custom Pictures

Paulca,
You have a very twisted outlook on life, I like that, reminds me of me. [sm=lildevil.gif]
But NO WAY I'm going to be posting any pics of the Mrs. antics getting on or off my bike.
I place a fairly high value on my own hide and when it comes to the kind of pain she's likely to dish out.
I, as mysainted father used to say, have to admit that when it comes to major pain,I amVERY religious. I am a devout coward.
But I'll be happy to post up a vid of what happens to the poor SOB who does cross her.
I am certain it will be very instructive in what NOT to do, as well as who not to do it too.
I'm sure it will bea shoe in for a'V' for violence rating.
As for the curry or chilly I try to avoid the spiceyer kinds of foods. We just don't get along very well.
But if your partial to themwhy don't you get a set of rubber pants and run a hose from them to the intake? Methaneisvery flameable andyou shouldbe able to get afew free horses that way.

skips69,
Thanks for the offer.I have MIG and gas welding outfits to heat, bend, and weld in that flat metalcrossbar piece. So making one shouldn't prove too difficult.
I have to admit that you have given me something interesting to think about. The odd part is that ever since I read your post its beenbugging me.I can't figure out if itsan idea I had or something I saw and filed away for future reference. But its driving me crazy trying to remember. in time I will. I just hope it will be worththe annoyance.

BTW what bags and detachable system are you using for the bags, and how does the C&C seat compare to the stocker. I would like to get a solo seat for mine but I need one that's not too tall (cause I'mshort), or too hard. Think you'll understand it when I say thestocker has seriously spoiled me in that department.

Old 06-03-2007, 08:54 AM
skips69
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Citoriplus
BTW what bags and detachable system are you using for the bags, and how does the C&C seat compare to the stocker. I would like to get a solo seat for mine but I need one that's not too tall (cause I'mshort), or too hard. Think you'll understand it when I say thestocker has seriously spoiled me in that department.
The brackets are "Easy Brackets". They're a set I had from a previous bike, so they didn't fit this one. Personally, I always thought they put the bags too far forward before, so when I modified them to fit this bike, I made them fit closer to the rear signals - looks better this way I think. The bags themselves are made by"Saddlemen". Theyhave a rigid backside and were made to be bolted to detacheable brackets. I can fit a six pack of bottles in each one easily, so jacket, chaps, gloves, some tools, etc., etc. are no problem at all. I checked everywherefor these particular bags, and believe it or not- J.C. Whitney had the best price on them and free shipping (2 or 3 years ago). The bags are handy, and I love that theyattach/detach in seconds - no tools.

I love the C&C solo seat. It does put you farther back and a little lower in the saddle vs. stock, and that's what I was looking for. This one has nice lower back support though, and was pretty comfortable from day one.Nothing is as plush as that stock seat though. The only other solo I have had experience with, was a LePera Bare Bones. That seat put you even lower and farther back. Nice looking seat, but took a lot longer to break in and get used to.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Pilzner
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Updated with the retro seat and twisted chrome sissy bar. For Steeler fans, note the helmet.

Old 06-05-2007, 04:20 AM
95custsoftail
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys new here to the forum here is a couple pictures of my 95 softail custom

Old 06-05-2007, 02:27 PM
paulca
Road Captain

Pilzner, the seat looks good - but why did you put the strapon it?

Old 06-05-2007, 02:30 PM
paulca
Road Captain

95 welcome to the forums. You bike is looking good from the little pics, the big ones are a bit too big - even with broadband

Old 06-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Pilzner
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: paulca

Pilzner, the seat looks good - but why did you put the strapon it?
Two reasons:

At the time I thought it was required.

Also, I am having problems with the seat bolts through the sissybar. They didn't hold fast in the seat and I couldn't get the acorn nuts off. I broke one of the bolts off, and the other I now use a small, non-chrome nut to fix. It's not very stable so I will leave the strap until I fix the seat issue.

Old 06-07-2007, 05:32 AM
a31unit
Intermediate

Which windvest do you have on the bike. The 14, 16, or 16x16? It looks great and i am looking for a winshield. Also, I have carlini 7" drags on my custom. Will the clamps mark the chrome finish on the bars? I intend to take the windvest on and off. Thanks

Old 06-07-2007, 09:14 AM
paulca
Road Captain

a31unit,

Thewindvest is 14". I leavethe clamps on so haven't checked for marks.

Old 06-09-2007, 05:49 PM
flyboy9994
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey skips69

Do you have part numbers for the detachable side plates and docking hardware?? I looked in the parts catalog but couldn't find anything for the FXSTC.

I want to switch to a traditional type sissy bar so I can use a sissy bar mounted luggage rack. I still very much dislike the bobtail fender luggage racks and am looking for an alternative. Unfortunately I'll have to change seats too but that's O.K. Probably a Sundowner deep bucket.

Anyway, any help would be great. Nice set up by the way.

Quick Reply: Softail Custom Pictures