Softail Custom Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 10:56 PM
MSgtJoe
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Softail Custom Pictures

Hey Y'All. I am a brand new member and new owner of a 2007 Softail Custom. I added new pegs, windshield, V&H Big Rad pipes, lowering kit, flush mount fuel guage and tank (really cool), Kuryakin ISO grips with the throttle control, chrome Master Cylinder and covers.

I have a few more parts to install once the weather gets warmer.

The color is Jake/Elwood Blue. I traded in a 1998 Suzuki Intruder for this AWESOME bike.

[IMG]local://upfiles/25181/A390E4EB15444297B87C96F374D4B854.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-18-2007, 01:04 AM
coolhand3537
Advanced

Lookin' Good MSgt! Welcome Aboard!

Jim

Old 02-18-2007, 09:01 AM
techdct
Advanced

The detatchable windshield is part number 57196-05. He is a link

Old 02-24-2007, 10:17 PM
flyboy9994
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey All

Please welcome me to the "Big Boys" club. Just got my first Harley home today, an FXSTC in red pearl/ black pearl two tone. Jeeezzz shes the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I was riding a 2006 Honda VTX 1300Cand it is a great bike, but man when I saw the Softail custom with the 96 incher and six speed I knew that was IT!! Of course I've been wanting a Harley for the better part of my life but the honda was just so much easier to get into financially. I guess everything happens for a reason though as it seems as if the money was there and then I first laid eyes on this beautiful Custom. Anyway, long story short... she's mine now and I'm about as happy as it gets.

Jeeezzz, now the work really starts huh? First mods will be exhaust of course: Vance & Hines Big Shots Staggered, better flowing A/C and some sort of re-program, maybe a SERT. And let's not forget chrome, chrome and more chrome... I'm still out on the stock seat. Damn if it isn't comfy but I just don't care too much for the "sofa cushion" look and I'm thinking about the Sundowner deep bucket. I like the bars O.K. but will pull them back just a tad.

Anyway, finally glad to be here posting for real instead of lurking. I live in south eastern Kentucky so if anybody is nearby... let's go ridin!!

P.S. Pictures will be up soon!!

Old 02-25-2007, 03:42 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Well I got the tri-bar LED light, bracket, and bobtail fender rack all put together today and it looks MUCH better than the original.
This is a pic of it with the light on, I took another with the brake light on but it washed out the pic, little too bright for the camera I guess.

Sorry I got excited andforgot to put on thereflector strip before I took the pic. It fits in that space below the light and would(and now does) cover those two screw heads in the middle.
One thing I'm happy about is that thesteel bracket for the rack is much heavier than theplastic of the original tail light and plate housing. It should easily allow you to put much heavier things on there than10 lbs. that the original setup is limited (HD rating) for.

BTW Why is it that everytime I do something like this I find a dozen new places where I need to be more careful when I'm cleaning and polishing. And now I went and got dirt and finger prints all over everything from the oil tank back.

Old 02-25-2007, 03:52 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

flyboy9994,
Welcome to the Custom club, but I have to warn you getting the bike WAS the cheap part.
Now comes the never ending "upgrades" and goodies. [sm=bling.gif]

Old 02-25-2007, 09:43 AM
flyboy9994
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Citoriplus

flyboy9994,
Welcome to the Custom club, but I have to warn you getting the bike WAS the cheap part.
Now comes the never ending "upgrades" and goodies. [sm=bling.gif]
HAH...

Aint that the danged truth!! Heck I spent almost 2K on my Honda before I knew what happened...Lost most of it in the trade as extras don't mean squat. I'll never trade another motorcycle as long as I live... I'll just sell it outright but man was I in a hurry to get into this Custom!! Oh well, at least I'm planning on keeping this one hopefully forever.

And yes, just my first set of planned mods already exceed the 5K mark. Probably be twice that when and if I ever get done!! Jeeezzz man, what have I done?? Gotta love it though.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:17 PM
paulca
Road Captain

Nice one Citoriplus! Glad you were able to figure out how to fit a rack with LED tailight. Have you decided on bars yet? Post some more pics when you get chance.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:15 PM
MSgtJoe
Tourer

Welcome to the club. I am in Nashville so if you are going to me in the area let me know.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:18 PM
flyboy9994
Tourer

Hey MSgtJoe

I lived in Nashville for a few years and have a Sister down in Murfreesboro. I come thru Nashvilleseveral times a year and plan on riding down to Sis's house this spring. Also, a few friends want to make a ridedown in late March to go party on 2nd Ave.

I'll let you know and would be glad to meet up with ya one of these days soon.

Later

Quick Reply: Softail Custom Pictures