Softail Custom Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2024, 06:46 AM
SMR65
Road Master
Received 859 Likes on 468 Posts

Bought this 07, in the winter of 23 because i couldn't find the right night train i wanted, for the right price. Rode it for a few months, when a night train came along i had to have. I tried to sell the custom, but nothing was moving, unless u want to give it away. So it sat in the corner last summer.

Ive decided im going to keep it as well, Insurance renews end of June. Insurance coming off the train and going on the custom.

IM going to put cams and put a lowering kit in it as well.

The following 2 users liked this post by SMR65:
Aussiejack (06-17-2024), StevieMac! (06-11-2024)
Old 06-11-2024, 05:05 PM
Wapiti Hunter
Road Captain
Received 1,422 Likes on 237 Posts

I have been trying to sell my 09 FXSTC off and on for the last 2 years with no success. Guess they aren't a desirable bike anymore, only had 1 low ball offer in all that time. My bike was priced thousands lower than others listed during that same time. The one offer I got was very low because he said he didn't care for the extras, I told him I would put it back stock, keep the Breakout front wheel and new tire or he could have stock smoothie front wheel and Michelin C2, his choice. He wanted both, I could sell all the extras to make up for the lower price. Memphis Shades fairing and 2 windshields, new exhaust, flush mount gas cap, led fuel gauge, bright *** light and usual upgraded pegs. I know you are lucky to get 10-25 cents on the dollar for add on.

The following users liked this post:
Aussiejack (06-17-2024)
Old 06-11-2024, 06:22 PM
SMR65
Road Master
Received 859 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by Wapiti Hunter
I have been trying to sell my 09 FXSTC off and on for the last 2 years with no success. Guess they aren't a desirable bike anymore, only had 1 low ball offer in all that time. My bike was priced thousands lower than others listed during that same time. The one offer I got was very low because he said he didn't care for the extras, I told him I would put it back stock, keep the Breakout front wheel and new tire or he could have stock smoothie front wheel and Michelin C2, his choice. He wanted both, I could sell all the extras to make up for the lower price. Memphis Shades fairing and 2 windshields, new exhaust, flush mount gas cap, led fuel gauge, bright *** light and usual upgraded pegs. I know you are lucky to get 10-25 cents on the dollar for add on.
That could be the case, that they are not as desirable anymore, but in our area no harley's seem to be moving. I always loved the look of the custom, but never owned one. I always had and have FL's. Havent had a FX since my 84 shovel. I have to say, i really enjoy riding that night train and put as many miles on it last year, as i did my street glide. I dont think it will be any different this year, riding the custom.

Last edited by SMR65; 06-11-2024 at 06:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Wapiti Hunter (06-12-2024)
Old 06-17-2024, 07:34 AM
Aussiejack
Advanced
Received 64 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Low Price

Originally Posted by Wapiti Hunter
Mate, your machine looks great! Not sure what "low price" means in your market but it would sell out here (Australia) at a reasonable price. Good luck!

Old 07-06-2024, 03:26 PM
xwhyz1959
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,609 Likes on 493 Posts

My first show 😎

The following 2 users liked this post by xwhyz1959:
Aussiejack (07-21-2024), Wapiti Hunter (07-06-2024)