Softail Custom Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 01:19 PM
hogdiver96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Softail Custom Pictures

Yeah citroplus that mesh covering is such a little detail but makes all the differance, wish i had the fore-sight to think of that,
Wonder if i can wrap something around mine ?????

Got into dangerous terriorty now, saw a bike the other day with all the crappy allen bolts and hex bolts etc covered with the chrome caps !! makes a big differance really finishes it off but have you seen how much they cost ?bloody outrageous.....................

i got a feeling you have done all this before

[IMG]local://upfiles/52855/6C625543E42D475FB705431530015EE8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-03-2008, 01:48 PM
mulch63
Road Master

Can I ask where you got the mesh ??

jim

Old 06-03-2008, 03:26 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: mulch63
Can I ask where you got the mesh ??
jim
Why not? J/K check out this thread in the Softail section;

https://www.hdforums.com/m_3318604/tm.htm

I started a DIY Cheap section and all are invited to add their $.02 or any comments or questions.
The link you want forthe Mesh is called "Wiring Harness Cleanup". In it Ilisted the pieces, prices and where to get it. Also how I did it for all the exposed wiring on my front end.
And it does look a lot nicer than thatplastic stuff the factory put on. You caneven put it on over the plastic like I did for the turn and headlight lines sothe colored wires don't show through. With the handlebar controls inside the bars it only shows in a couple of places, but makes getting the wires through MUCH easier.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:30 AM
jf
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

@ hogdiver if you want to cover your allen bolts try hot toppers they make kits for softails that cover allmost all the bolts you can see they look really good. have had them on my bike for nearly a year and no problems. they are also a lot cheaper than the harley kits. once you start you will want every bolt covered.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:45 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus

jf, I'm sure those are what he was referring to when he mantioned the outragious cost of them.
Cause I think they are ouragious too. 'Personally' I would rather save up the money, and I am,for a set of polished stainless steel bolts to replace the crappy stock ones. It may cost more, but you get a better looking, nearly maintenance free rust proof alternative to chrome steel or plastic caps that can (but generally don't)fall off or get lost while doing routine maintenance.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:46 PM
djcustom1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my custom. I put a lowering kit on it fri. night, love it.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; D.J.

[IMG]local://upfiles/58656/66E505B36467404FBADB97AAF05DF109.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-05-2008, 02:19 AM
hogdiver96
Road Warrior

Hi jm thanks for that link for those bolt covers have now managed to find a supplier in the uk but as you would expect over here they have doubled the prices and added a bit on for luck !
Citroplus i agree with you about changing the actual bolts etc but for me not really an option as i have very few imperial size tools (thanks to our european cousins[:'(]) and no torque wrench so i would only mess it up and have oil spilling out everywhere !
I have moved my turn signals from the bars to the forks but you can see an ugly cable running to them ..got any ideas to smarten em up &gt\\;

[IMG]local://upfiles/52855/AFBE0E3A3C0342AFBA0504371E21CEFD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-05-2008, 07:10 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus

ORIGINAL: hogdiver96
got any ideas to smarten em up &gt\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
Your bike looks really nice, bet it make the neighbors crazy when you crank that beast up over there in the land of lawnmower pistons. J/K
Check the top of the Softail section for the DIY cheap thread here\\\\\\;
https://www.hdforums.com/m_3318604/tm.htm
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I know you have seen what I did to mine under&nbsp\\;Wire Harness cleanup but don't forget to try the&nbsp\\;links I put in to look through the Dyna, Touring, and Sporty sections for their versions of the DIY cheap thread and see if you can find something they did you like better.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Sorry about the&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;problem you have with the metric system, but don't feel too bad. We have the reverse problem over here. Harley's are now about the only thing left that is except for the battery entirely made with standard sized fasteners. Most cars and light trucks have changed over to all&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;metric, or worse both. Gets to be a PITA when you need two sets of tools to work on one vehicle.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:54 AM
jf
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

no problem hogdiver. im also from the UK. if you want any harley parts try guernsey-hd.com. VAT free and free delivery.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:24 PM
PastorTom
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

99 Softtail Custom, Big Dog Pipes, Added 14deg Rake w/10 Over Tubes, Purple Pearl (Looks Blue in Pic [:@]) Flames, Apes, Heritage Classic Fringe Seat, Modified Front to Rear Signals (Tied into Tail Light with Blue dots of course) Hyper Charger, Hard Mount Fringe bags (I used chrome aluminum diamond plate to make backing) 1 1/2" Tank Lift, (I'm about to do 4", see my other thread) Updated electronics, Custom Etching on Speedo Mount, front Legs, Coil Cover, Headlight Visor,&nbsp\\;etc, etc. This is my Everyday Rider.

Quick Reply: Softail Custom Pictures