Softail Custom Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 09:49 PM
mike1213
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Softail Custom Pictures

Romigula,
What front turn signals are you using? They look like they locate very close to the forks.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:05 AM
BlackDragon
Tourer

In regards to the centre tank panel. On my 91 FXRS/SP I put a Fatbob tank on and decided to not have that tank divider. Had the tank sanded and painted than just put the Speedo housing on. Looked different and really made the paint stand out on the tank. If I were to go custom paint I would do same but have a mural in that section. The divider gustcovers the join and serves no other purpose. Origonal fatbob tanks were 2 piece so Divider hid where the tanks mounted to the frame so looks like just a carry over from those days.

I am having the flush mount caps with theled fuel gauge kit put on next week. Same as the Skull caps in principle. Was going to do my self as looks fairly easy and the instructions with the kit spell it out. Reason I am having installed is U get 90 day warranty doing your self and I am getting a 2 year warranty when fitted at dealer. I bought them when I bought the bike.

Due to chages in work and being a taxi for the kids I have only got 1600km after nearly 7 months. Can't believe that has taken so long to get to first service. I use to ride every day but now im lucky If I get to ride.

Dealer is also going to install rear axle covers. I bought these but could not get them to fit on the swing arm. Seems like the weld is exactly where the Covers need to go. Dealer reconds they have fitted and will do as well. They don't fit 08 models so I am wondering why. Maybe it is where the welds are? Will find out next week any way.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US
Link to the covers.

Once I get my new Chrome front sliders and spacers and Floating rotor on my bike will be finished to my origonal plan.

I suppose stage 2 will kick in next. A Chome rear wheel is looking mighty good as is a PM 6 pot front caliper.
Is it Christmas yet. LOL

Old 03-01-2008, 09:16 AM
romigula
Advanced

Hey Mike, The turn signal relocation kit I am using is from Custom Chrome. They are very snug against the forks, and by far the best looking kit I've seen thus far. I got lucky finding them on a clearance table at my local HD dealer. I think I paid $60. Here is a link, if you're willing to pay full price. I've done quite a bit of mods since these pics. Will post new when I'm finished. http://www.shopv-twincycles.com/shop...l%20relocation

Old 03-01-2008, 10:31 PM
mike1213
Intermediate

Thank you romigula, I also asked citoriplus the same question about his front turn signals and he sent me in the same direction you did (Custom Chrome). So now I begin searching e-bay, I also got some great tips from citoriplus about installing the clamps.

Thanks again from both of you. This is one helluva good forum!

Mike

Old 03-01-2008, 10:36 PM
ProfMoriarty
Stage I

'94 FXSTC

Well, sooner or later I'll figure out how to insert pics!

Old 03-01-2008, 11:05 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Hogdiver,
I wnt and put the new gauge in and I have to tell you. Its not worth taking pics its so easy. I took the pins out of the connection, but if I was to do it again I would just cut the silly wires about an inch or so back from the connector. That way 'if' I needed to put them back I could.

Anyway the connector is under the tank on the left side. Just unhook it and you can either pull the pins out, not really hard, just a pain in the butt. But to do it look at the wire side of the plug and you'll see that one side has a pair of snaps at each end. Use a small flat screwdriver blade or a fingernail to pry them outwards a little. Then you will be able to open theflap that locks the wires in place. Once that's out of the way use a medium sized paperclip to push into the hole next to the pin inside the connector. If you have it in right the wire should slip out the back or wire end. Once you do all three you should be able to just pull straight up on the gauge and it will come out with the wires.
The new gauge needs to have the wires put on, but they give you new wires, screws and star washers. The instructions will tell you which wires go where and once you get the wires hooked to the gauge its jut a matter of slipping the wires down through the tube in the tank.
Once they are through you can slip the pins into the connector and replug it in.
There is a really long gray wire that's supposed to go to the speedo. The instructions tell you where it goes and it looks exactly like the ones in the black connector under the tank. But I know the connectors under the speedo come apart slightly differently and won't know exactly how or where it does attach until I get more of the bike together.

The instructions are reasonably complete, hope that helps.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:17 AM
hogdiver96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Citoriplus,
That does sound like something i could manage my-self.
Was not able to get to the dealers to buy anything this weekend as the weather was foul, and anyway the wife saw what i was planning on buying and told me she would prefer the flush mount (whos bike is this anyway ?)

ps....how do you get that little signiture picture in the left-hand column ? i cant find any guidance on the Forum at all !

[IMG]local://upfiles/52855/77469068E64F4117847740C064CD6323.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hogdiver, here's the link to explain how to do the signature picture. https://www.hdforums.com/m_834910/mp.../tm.htm#834910

Old 03-02-2008, 11:47 AM
dan8411
Advanced

Romigula-
Thanks for the kind words; I'm real happy with the turn out of the bike, and am liking the V&H SSS as well, loud enough for me and my neighbors new born baby, (I feel guilty each morning starting the bike up and heading out to work as it's my only source of transportation). The stock bars are not bad, I rolled the bar forward a little to let my arms out some.I am curious though as to any benefit to comfort of higher ones?

Dan

Old 03-02-2008, 03:53 PM
av8r
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: hogdiver96

ps....how do you get that little signiture picture in the left-hand column ? i cant find any guidance on the Forum at all !
I think you might mean the avatar. You can set it up by clicking on the "My Profile" tab at the top of most any page, then scroll down in your profile to the avatar section. There are a couple options you can click on there to create an avatar.

Quick Reply: Softail Custom Pictures