Softail Custom Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Softail Custom Pictures

ORIGINAL: texas s

Flew to Vegas this week and rented a Street glide. This is one of the bikes I was concidering when I got the custom. Sure glad I went with the custom. My wife was complaining about the seat, the lunch boxes on each side of the bike and her foot position within the first fify miles. The radio and cruise were nice. When up to Valley of Fire. What a nice ride. Then I had to come home to -11 and snow. Just does not feel right. Think I will go home and give my bike a hug.
Wow! Seems like Vegas is a long ways away just to go ride a Street Glide. lol

I rode a Street Glide for a couple days while the dealer had my bike in the shop after messin' up my rear fender. My wife liked it on the back. Mainly because the seat was wider and she had a wide backrest that she could actually lean against. She also liked the radio. As for me, I didn't much care for it. I thought it sat too high, hated the rubber engine mounts when I would come to a stop, didn't like the reach for the bars, and didn't like the seating position. Like you, I couldn't wait to get back on my bike. My bike just feels right.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:07 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

Mike,

No need to thank me. I'm glad to see the windshield go to a good home where it will actually be used. I hope you put a lot of miles on your bike with it.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:12 PM
dan8411
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greg-
The plate holder attaches to the frame at the rear passenger foot pegand has a "trick joint" that allows it to fold out of the way. Heartland USA also has a vertical plate frame that does attach to theswingarm. The lights, mirrors, front fender, passenger pegs,and plate frame were purchased in addition to the 250 conversion kit. They havea great staff and an easy website to view with all of their products at www.heartlandbiker.com.

Dan

Old 02-23-2008, 02:57 AM
BlackDragon
Tourer

Thanks Dan for the info.

Been thinking of maybe putting a side plate holder on to clean the rear up more but most seem to bolt to the axel which will be no good as I have same axle covers coming. Good to know can get something else.

regards Greg

Old 02-24-2008, 07:30 PM
SinCityHOG
Intermediate

Hey All,

Just traded in my Sporty for an '08 Softail Custom 150th Anniversary and I couldn't be happier. The only problem, I promised my wife no accesories for a year. Seemed like a fare trade untill I saw all of the nice additions y'all have made to your customs. I'll just have to wait for a while, or just make the small changes that she wont notice like pegs and grips.......

Does anyone know if there is a kit reqired to hard mount the head light or do I have to get creative?

Thank you all for all ofthe great information. Itwas a huge help on deciding which HD I wanted.

[IMG]local://upfiles/53924/E425F1975F8A4C849D1DED8A6964FA6D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-24-2008, 07:54 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp

Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the family SinCityHOG! I think we should start placin' bets on whether or not you can last a year without doin' anything to that nice bike. There is a thread somewhere on the forum about how to get rid of the rubber mounts in headlight. You could probably do a Search on the forum and find it. I still need to fix mine as well. It's pretty annoying at night. Enjoy!

Old 02-24-2008, 10:26 PM
dan8411
Advanced

Congrats on your purchase SinCityHOG, this is a really informative site; lots of greatbikes and cool ideas. Good luck on that accessory-free year,that's some serious discipline!

Dan

Old 02-25-2008, 12:09 AM
mike@nhca.us
Tourer

"No Accessories for a year" I'm sorry, those words don't go with each other

(heart palpitations).

"No" near "accessories"with "promise" nearby, it's like "John Wayne," "speedos" and "sensitive". They just don't belong together.

(stomach acid bubbling in throat).

I don't even pretend to understand what those words in that obscene ordermeans, it is too horrible to even contemplate for long

(headache pounding and growing).

Its all too scary...I wont go on.

This is a motorcycle forum man, not a horror show. Stop torturing us.

Mike

PS: Please stay away from my AA (Accessories Anonymous) chapter, no teachers pet's allowed. Besides, you cant be cured until after you are sick and admit you need help.

"accessories," "no" and "promise". It just does not work.

(cold sweat)

[IMG]local://upfiles/50589/96595FCBEC8F424BA40DAF3A17129EDF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-25-2008, 02:16 AM
BlackDragon
Tourer

Welcome SinCityHog

Have U see the parts catalogue yet.
I think U should change the No accessories to No More Than (x-amount) Accessories in the first month.

Good Luck and enjoy.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:28 AM
HD32141
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: BlackDragon

Welcome SinCityHog

Have U see the parts catalogue yet.
I think U should change the No accessories to No More Than (x-amount) Accessories in the first month.

Good Luck and enjoy.
BlackDragon- what handle bars are those?

Quick Reply: Softail Custom Pictures