Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did some work on the wife's trike. It's not a Train, so I'll just post the link......

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/hacke...ter-trike.html

Gotta run it down to Killeen of Friday to get it dyno'd. Power comes in a lot lower on the rpm's now. Nice!

Hey Mark....... you forgot to stuff that ***** in the box........

Old 09-11-2010, 10:11 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh yeah... I forgot the HK... I stil have to get the other stuff so I'll be sure to send it that time... I you remind me that'll be cool also.

The wife bike is looking bada$$ brah... them tires are huge and I'm diggin' the back rest put some highway pegs on there and you may fall a sleep while riding... lol

Hey G... Nice sig, you got the badboy sparkling... It looks like it rolled out of the showroom.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member

Dunno why the pic looks like that. The rear tires are same diameter as stock. They're just a tad wider..... LOL! Elidia is already stretching a little for the forwards. Highway pegs would make me look like I was on a birthing table. LMAO!
I was wondering if you were going to figure that one out. Ha! Keep it if you want, I was just messin with ya. There will always be a place for it here, if you send it tho.
I was showing your work to some guys today. Might have some work coming for ya......

Old 09-12-2010, 07:42 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,345 Likes on 2,569 Posts

Trike is looking killer Chuck.Bet the Bassanni's are loud with that tire right behind them.Where do you find the time for your job.You're probably like me work,garage,ride.
Thanks Mark it's got a lot of personality scars on it that will be gone this winter.
On a sad note the motor in the Train has seen enough abuse from me.Flywheels decided to take a **** at 52k.No brainer on which way to go,only question is how BIG? I'm thinking 113 is enough and still be dependable the for long run. Any thoughts here?

Old 09-12-2010, 12:07 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member

How about the new Harley 120 motor? Not like you don't have the money.......
I think if my motor took a dump, I'd install a Jim's 120.
Thanks G! It does seem that way a lot of times! I need to get out in the yard and do some work there now......

Old 09-12-2010, 03:33 PM
Gruamach
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Story time: There was this NT owner who hated how high his rear end sat, but didn't feel like spending $350 for the Profile Low kit. He knew about the little lowering adapter kit but had heard horror stories about it, and felt confused reading the instructions (he wasn't dumb, but also wasn't a mechanic or engineer)

Then one day (ok, yesterday), he went to his dealership's Open House and was looking around their "Inventory Reduction Sale".....and saw said Profile Low strut kit in the 70% Off section. He got talking to the parts manager to find out if something was wrong with it and making sure it'd fit his bike, and ended up walking away with an even better deal than 70% Off.
$350 Kit for $70. He was happy.

So he rushed home and proceeded to swap the struts out.
Then he stepped back....and felt confused. It didn't seem any shorter.
He sat on it, and it kinda felt shorter. He felt under the fender and it seemed shorter.
But when he got back off the bike, he still felt confused.

So he decided to take a picture just like one he took of the bike the day he got it to compare:

100% Stock:

And then with the new struts:

And he realized that he was just being paranoid, and it was indeed the "about 1 inch" drop that it should be, and was just already forgetting how utterly horrid the stock "4x4 Offroader" suspension was.

So he was content.
With the kit, at least...especially at the price he got (He loved his dealership)
But still not content with the rear end, and wanted it dropped even more.

So he decided to make a silly-*** post to HDForums & see if anyone had any suggestions for a cheap way to make the rear end even lower.

THE END.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member

Progressive lowering bolts are your best friend for an inexpensive drop.......

Old 09-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Schaub85
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gru,

if you dont take off those reflectors were gonna have to kick you outa here.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Gruamach
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Schaub85
Gru,

if you dont take off those reflectors were gonna have to kick you outa here.
hahahaha.....I've been waiting for that.
Yes, they'll be coming off within the next 24 hours.

And looks like I'll be doing the bolts as well....it can easily handle another couple of inches dropped.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member

Install the bolts on the original shocks and then sell the "lowering" shocks to pay for the bolts and the money you originally spent on the shocks. No loss that way.......

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures