Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 11:32 PM
AddictedUSAF
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great thank you everyone for the help. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow when I start.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:08 AM
J-Train
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by story808
When you PC the trips do a drop in progressive lowering kit on the front, on the back I have progressive but you can do a bolt kit if money is tight. Look for a kit called "Burnout" you don't have take apart the shock with that one.
Yes the Burnout kit worked out very well thanks to your recommendation a while back Story. Inexpensive and good, my kind of product, money be tight these days

Old 08-26-2010, 11:13 AM
AddictedUSAF
Tourer

Originally Posted by J-Train
Yes the Burnout kit worked out very well thanks to your recommendation a while back Story. Inexpensive and good, my kind of product, money be tight these days
How much did you lower it in the back?

Old 08-26-2010, 01:21 PM
dankfoot
Advanced

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to introduce myself.

I have been here for a while however I have not posted that much. This is my first Harley so I’m new to most of this, so don’t flame if I ask something stupid.

I bought a used NT a few months back and I’m just starting to customize it. I tell you there is some very nice bikes on here. Good job to everyone.

Below is a picture of mine. 2006 purchased with 737 miles

VH pipes and new intake. ( I do not think the previous owner added a tuner ) so I’m actually having an issue now with running a little lean. (Popping and small back-fire just started ) I have a appointment Tuesday for the dealer to look at it. Not sure if I need to remap or buy a tuner. Opinions?

Also, I do think he lowered the back but not 100% sure. I believe 1 inch, but I would like to maybe have 1 more inch. (lol, I know. That’s what she said) Is it possible to lower any more using the kit I have?

Dank

Attached Thumbnails  Night Train Pictures-nt-new-pic.jpg    Night Train Pictures-nt-shocks.jpg    Night Train Pictures-ntback.jpg  
Old 08-26-2010, 03:14 PM
05Harley
Cruiser

2DAKERB...very informative video. If I decide to lower the front I will be watching this video.
Name:  111.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  85.9 KB

Old 08-26-2010, 03:19 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome Dank....yes you need a tuner i would give fuel moto a call and tell him wut you have for a/c, and pipes and he will load up the power commander with the right map and send it to ya...i wouldent bring it in to the stealer, it cost too much and they will just give you a remap and will still be lean..as far as lowering it you need to get some longer bolts for the shocks they run from 20 bucks up to 40, looks like your at stock height......DB

Old 08-26-2010, 03:31 PM
dankfoot
Advanced

Thanks Dynabob,

First, like I said im new so I do not have that much knowledge in this.

So you think I should go with the power comander first and not dyno at the dealer? Which one do you prefer? Looks like there is a few at fuel moto.

Lowering, So I just need lowering bolts? Any brand? Can I do this myseld without a stand?

Once again thanks.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:31 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Dank... Welcome to the family... Stick around awhile...

Old 08-26-2010, 03:53 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no dyno at the stealer, wast of money, the map fuel moto puts on the power commander is dynoed at there shop, not on your bike but the same kind, it will run perfect, call jamie there and talk to him...and if you ever do a cam or upgrade your motor the pc111 will be all you need....you need to get the bike off the ground to take the stock shocks off the bike...but not that hard, a local indy could do it for ya cheaper then hd would also......DB

Old 08-26-2010, 04:16 PM
AddictedUSAF
Tourer

When it comes to fork oil should I go buy the type e that harley sells or use the bottle of belray 10w fork oil that I already have? Anyone know what weight is in the bike and if changing it is ok?

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures