Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 12:33 PM
AddictedUSAF
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark, guess what happened when I went to change the derby out? I know your probably nothing could happen but, one of the screws had completely stripped threads on the actual primary case so now it just spins and does not get tight. HD must have done this from the factory b/c I have never changed it before. I am not sure how to fix this...

Old 06-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Donhd04
Cruiser

Originally Posted by tx_outlaw
the train has floorboards and different grips as of last saturday......

Haven't ridden with the new equipment yet, but will give feedback when i get back from this weekend trip......
congradulations tx_outlaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just received my latest copy of hotbike and your bike was in full page write up under the readers ride section almost to the back of the magazine but none the less all that work, time and money paid off. Again congradulations man!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-14-2010, 03:06 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,351 Likes on 2,571 Posts

Geez another Jessie James.Congrats Tx on the spread.Hope ya don't get banned like the rest of the guys on here after they got famous.I got your sig on the check so I'm not gonna ask for another.LOL

Old 06-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Lundee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

THanks for the pics 2d. Everyone needs to check that link out. You can tell the black bikes are starting to fade for a bit, crazy paint is commin back big time. Congrats Chuck! We all new it was rag worthy.
Addicted, a helicoil is the way to go or just tap it slightly bigger

Old 06-14-2010, 03:15 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AddictedUSAF
Mark, guess what happened when I went to change the derby out? I know your probably nothing could happen but, one of the screws had completely stripped threads on the actual primary case so now it just spins and does not get tight. HD must have done this from the factory b/c I have never changed it before. I am not sure how to fix this...
I don't know what to say man... Which bolt is it??? Top? bottom 2 or right or left? I had a friend strip and had to ez out but the threads were good on the primary cover. To bad we don't have the same year cause I have a extra primay cover for my 05'

I don't think you'll leak any oil out cause of one bolt being loose but it would drive me nuts just knowing. Talk to the dealer and see what they say? Taking the whole cover off to fix it can be a messy thing... gasket cost about 35 bucks plus the 2 small round gaskets on the inside those are cheap, plus a quart of oil. Maybe some JB weld, drill and retap the theads?

But if it don't leak then I wouldn't worry much about it. Time to start saving for that open primary...

Old 06-14-2010, 03:29 PM
Donhd04
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 2dakerb
here's a link to a few pics of the born free show if anyone's interested.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/pacif...ong-beach.html
absolutely awsome photos. How about some more.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:46 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,351 Likes on 2,571 Posts

Originally Posted by story808
Time to start saving for that open primary...
See how we try and help you spend your money addicted.A stripped screw is plenty enough reason for a open primary.Encouragement,what a brother is for. Ha-ha. G.

Old 06-14-2010, 04:49 PM
2DAKERB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats TX, nice to get some recognition. Don't forget us little people. lol

Old 06-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Lundee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Ya the fugger hasn't even been on to say thanxs what a douche! He's got like 40 posts congratulating him. Just kiddin Chuck your probabley out riding that bad boy w/ a framed picture of your spread around your neck.

Old 06-14-2010, 06:21 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't hate me because I went r6i5ding for the weekend and didn't have internet access in the cabin we stayed at.... LOL! Thanks again guys and don't worry...... I'll be around. Ha Ha Ha! No Jesse James here.

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures