Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Tucson_Tim
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's my Night Train:

Oops, wrong one. Here it is. Sorry, completely stock 08:

Last edited by Tucson_Tim; 06-01-2010 at 10:41 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:29 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Twisted: Sorry to hear this. I know it's happening everywhere but that doesn't make it any easier. I know you'll be back on another one as soon as you can get things sorted out. I'm beyond broke but still have a little something coming in to get by on.

Do you think you can get any work out of the oil spill in the Gulf?

Story: It would be a total waste for you to go any higher than a well built 98". With a bike as light as ours that will pull the arms out of the sockets. Get the cyl's bored and honed, the heads set up for the best match for your pistons and cams. Don't go too crazy on the compression so you don't need compression releases. A 9.6:1 would be just right with a set of 37g's (if the runout is ok)

Anyway; you know the drill. Do you guys have any outstanding bike shops or mechanics over there on the island?

Old 06-01-2010, 10:38 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lramos
Well guys....here is the pics. I finally figured it out. I think. I hope you like the pics.
Your bike looks excellent Lee. Did you go with the Heartland 250 mm wide tire kit?

The tire almost looks like a car tire but not quite.

Think we can get some side pics of it?

Old 06-01-2010, 11:50 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by back again
sorry to hear that twist but you're taking care of business and that's a priority.That says alot about you.Get a price up and I'll see what I can do for ya over here next door.
100/100 is quick and affordable shopping right Mark.Think it would put a smile on your face. G.

affordable??? I don't know about that... but I do know I need to look at the whole package and not waste my coin on just cams. I'm looking for some thump on idle but with that I need comp. So I'll wait a bit and build it on paper first while I save up for it... No more happing endings for awhile... LMAO

Twist I'm sorry to hear this Bother... On a good note I know you'll be back with a train the next go around. If you're ever on my Island give me a call I'll let you take mine for a spin...

Boomer thats what I was thinking 98" with awesome heads and maybe a little bigger cams... But we'll see I's got some time... Gotta start saving... lol

Last edited by story808; 06-01-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:10 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,351 Likes on 2,571 Posts

Mark you'd be surprised by what you can gain with just a cam does to a stock 88.I went the build as I could afford route which the first step was cam,exhaust, ac.pulled real well with the lope your looking for.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:50 AM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New Front Wheel

Finally wrapped up this whole front wheel debacle after I rode through a Baltimore pothole and trashed my OEM spoke wheel.

Had to make a decision quick to get back on the road. After dealing with the spokes and cleaning them (more like not cleaning them) I decided to go mag. Went with the HD Slotted Six Spoke in textured black.

Got it mounted up last night and I'm not impressed. I feel like I lost all of the old school chopper styling that the spoked wheel adds. I'll probably run this for a year and find a spoked wheel that I like next winter... Anyways, here's some pics.

Night Train Pictures-new-wheel.jpg Night Train Pictures-new-wheel-1.jpg

Old 06-02-2010, 08:12 AM
twisted125
Road Master

thanks guys, it really sucks, but I got more **** to take care of than my standard. Story, next time Ill just start with a train and save my self the grief trying to convert lol. I do really like where my bike is right now though, I think its a nice "hybrid". If I ever get to cross that puddle Ill let you know for sure. your pool would be a nice little step up from our oil soaked beaches here. lol

Boomer, there are people from all over the country down here right now. Hotels are filled up with people working. The chances of getting on with a boat to work booms is over as its just hit our local island and is heading into the mouth of the bay right now. Pensacola FL is about 6 miles from getting it. They have canceled our 2010 fishing season and are shutting down recreational boating. This will also effect my work as we will have to head north to sea trial boats. I have thought about getting in on the beach clean up, but I need to asses the hours I'm pulling right now in OT to see if I can swing it or not. Even if they can get something down there to slow it down, they are saying it will be August before it will stop. I wont rant here, its not the venue, but this is fu*&ing bull ****.

G-thanks bro, im trying to come up with a roundabout price of what my ride is worth. Im going to detail and take some good pics tonight for when I post it, Ill PM them to ya.

Anyone have any ideas of what its worth?? I see my age and miles on ebay going for 13's

2007 Softail Standard - 14k miles.
profile laced 21" front wheel, 200mm 17" solid dish rear, pacific blue pearl, progressive rear bolts - 2" drop, front drop - 2", PC3 with map from Fuel Moto, Arlen Ness Big Sucker stage 2 AC, Hooker TroubleMakers slash cut, 14" burly narrow apes, black mirrors, HD grips, custom pegs, extra HD pegs, stock seat, badlander seat, Haulen *** lo pro back rest for pass, tri-bar LED tail light, smoked lens covers, frenched headlight ring, pretty new rubber, regularly serviced.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:57 AM
2DAKERB
Road Master

Originally Posted by story808

So do I just go with drop in Gear Driven Cams small gain of power?... or save my cions and just do a bad **** of a motor? By **** of a motor I mean 100hp to 115hp but I'll have to save a lot longer???

There's always the open belt primary???

Go huge man,, 200cui buuaahhhahaha,
http://www.duxindustries.de/englisch/framesetE.htm look under the Engines folder, there's also a video.
"The single carb 200" is designed to deliver 200RWHP at 5200 RPM."

Sorry to hear about that Twist. Hope you bounce back soon.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:50 AM
oregonkickstart
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by twisted125
sad day in camp twist - looks like I may be sellin my softy. I hate it, but I need to take care of a lot of **** right now. i was compiling a list of everything I had on and realized how much of an influence you ******** are eh hem Lund, Story, Dyna Bob to name a few lol. But I loved every minute of it and it will make someone very happy. Going to get some pics together and throw her up on the classifieds here, craigslist, etc.
Twist - Sorry to hear that man, I can't imagine selling mine, although I did have to sell a couple a few years back leaving me bike-less for awhile. At least you have your responsibilities in line. Hope we see you back soon!

Old 06-02-2010, 01:08 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,351 Likes on 2,571 Posts

Island horsepower LOL Mark with a motor.
Name:  RE013.gif
Views: 96
Size:  20.9 KB 1000-1500 cams low with chain high with gears 4-5 k 95-98ci 100+ tq/hp are #'s from this neck of the woods.Forget about filling the pool this year.

Last edited by back again; 06-02-2010 at 01:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures