Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 07:11 AM
J-Train
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put pics up of my train dropped about 2 inches in the rear.

Looks great, but issue I'm having is that my wheel is sitting closer to the left side of my rear fender then it is to the right side. There is no rub, but I'm concerned that when I put on different wheels/tires that there may be some rub at that point.

I measured from top of rim to where it meets the fender and both measurements on both sides are measuring to about 1.25 inches.

Is this an issue with the bolt on kit needing re-adjusted? Or is this an issue with tire not being aligned?

Old 05-10-2010, 07:21 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,356 Likes on 2,573 Posts

That's normal j train.Softails for alignment reasons are offset.If it doesn't rub no problem.When you change wheel spacers and wheel hub will correct it. a porta power to spread frame horns can be used for tweaking also.

bike looks great murph.different look again.I like the beef everywhere.if you used this style mount the bolts more than likely stripped out as they are not long enough.I had to put bolts in that were 1/4" longer.The bolts supplied barely caught 3 threads and that's not even the width of the bolt.In aluminum you want at least twice the diameter the bolt.
Name:  R-Swing-arm-mount.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  6.9 KB

Last edited by back again; 05-10-2010 at 07:39 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:47 AM
J-Train
Cruiser

Originally Posted by back again
That's normal j train.Softails for alignment reasons are offset.If it doesn't rub no problem.When you change wheel spacers and wheel hub will correct it. a porta power to spread frame horns can be used for tweaking also.

bike looks great murph.different look again.I like the beef everywhere.if you used this style mount the bolts more than likely stripped out as they are not long enough.I had to put bolts in that were 1/4" longer.The bolts supplied barely caught 3 threads and that's not even the width of the bolt.In aluminum you want at least twice the diameter the bolt.
Yeah was def concerned after all lowering bolts were on. On the right side of fender I can still slide my finger tips between fender and tire and still feel bolt that attaches to my sissy bar, but on left side I cannot even get a finger tip in there to feel the bolt.

Any reason why softail alignments are offset like that?

Yeah when I do splurge for wheels/tires I'm gonna make sure I get correct size so there is no rub.

O yea, my bad on the big *** pictures, will re-size when I put others up.

Last edited by J-Train; 05-10-2010 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Scheers44
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Bikes Looking Great!! Where did you get the Clear/Smoke Sigs for the triple tree?? That is a Pro ONe tree right?

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm23/jtmurph00/NewImage4-1.jpg[/IMG]

Name:  NewImage1.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  155.1 KB

Name:  NewImage2.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  123.6 KB

Name:  NewImage3.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  111.6 KB[/QUOTE]

Old 05-10-2010, 04:10 PM
jtmurph00
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Scheers44
Bikes Looking Great!! Where did you get the Clear/Smoke Sigs for the triple tree?? That is a Pro ONe tree right?
Yeah its a pro one tree, I guess its just the lighting reflection but the lenses are the regular yellow ones. Getting some smoked lenses might be a cool idea, you could probably have a glass shop cut some lenses.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:16 PM
jtmurph00
Road Captain

Originally Posted by back again

Thanks G, I actually had the frame that mounts where the passenger peg goes. It was the vertical bolt that holds the plate frame to the mount that backed out. The body shop that did my tank and fender took it off so they got stuck replacing but that's still an expensive lesson for anyone.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:16 AM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Scheers44
Story what did u do to get the bearing race out for those triple trees you got from Chuck?
**** I can't remember but I think I had to hook it it from the bottom... With some tool I got from US goverment... It was in a tool box that some how wound up in my drive way... But it was a pain in the a$$... if you can find a cheap puller and installer get it!

Old 05-11-2010, 03:29 AM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member

Murph... Whats up brah... It's been awhile... Bike is looking awesome!!! It just keeps getting better and better.

Jtrain... Thats normal it's no biggy... Damn our year bikes came out super high stock... what the hell was moco thinking?

Last edited by story808; 05-11-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:20 AM
2DAKERB
Road Master

Bike is looking great Murph

Old 05-11-2010, 07:40 AM
J-Train
Cruiser

Originally Posted by story808
Murph... Whats up brah... It's been awhile... Bike is looking awesome!!! It just keeps getting better and better.

Jtrain... Thats normal it's now biggy... Damn or year bikes came out super high stock... what the hell was moco thinking?
Yeah Story I didn't realize that they came with an optional off-road package. Prob why they chose to go with dirt bike fenders.

A 2 inch drop doesnt seem like much until you bolt it on and see it, damn does it make a world of difference. I dig it.

Now time to put some scratch together to look into some wheels/tires and everything else that goes with it.

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures