Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 10:48 AM
oregonkickstart
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Ha! I was poking around in the shop this morning and came across some parts I need to send back to J&P Cycles... I found a set of Doherty Power Vents I bought last summer and never put on! Almost like Christmas in March! I am gonna install them this week...

Old 03-29-2010, 10:56 AM
twisted125
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^exactly . . . . like I really wish I had some up swept pipes now to flap.

as a side note, I would like everyone to visualize something. Ill tell a little story, and post a pic of my bike since this is a pic thread.

So, Friday night I bought a new TV. 32" Sony LCD to fit in the armoir thing in my bedroom. It has a plug to hook up to your laptop on it. I thought, bad ***! Lets see what HD forum looks like HUGE! So Im sitting there in a chair about 4 feet from my new TV with a 6 ft VGA cord going from my tv to my laptop (the type of cord that screws in instead of just plugging in). The door is to my left about 3 feet. Im chillin with my girl and my two dogs, 100lb black lab mix and a 70lb pit. Some one comes to the door and rings the bell. My dogs being protective as they are jump up with a bark. Lab is the first one out, he jumps my legs and rounds the corner out of the door . . . . . . the pit . . . . . didnt jump. . . . . the cord caught her in the chest and didnt slow her down one bit. As the cord got tension, the laptop FLEW out of my lap . . . like flew parallel to the ground like a line drive out of my lap. Went straight out the door, caught tension again around the door jam and slammed against the wall outside of my room before falling to the floor. CD tray shot out, connection to the VGA is shoved up inside the laptop, case is cracked, and the TV almost came out of the cubby. Ho ly ****. Never seen anything like that in my life. The whole thing was slo mo and I absolutely can not believe the laptop didnt hit the floor until it was slammed against the wall. That shows how resilient she was in coming out of that room. I proceeded to alert my neighbors . . . and the rest of the neighborhood to how pissed I was . . . for a split second, the thought to reach for my bed "side" entered my head, until I went to the living room and saw Dyna - the pit, trying to melt into the floor she was so scared. All is forgiven . . . my laptop is fu(ked, but **** happens . . . and my TV is still bitchin. Just hope some of yall can picture this scene and get a laugh out of it on this Monday.

this is my bike the day I got it.
Name:  100_3044.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  125.1 KB

Old 03-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Tartarus
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats why I never screw the vga cords in from the start of that story i was sure the new tv was going to get smashed, did the laptop screen crack?

bike is looking great, did it start out with white rockerbox and primary covers? or is that just a nasty glare?

Old 03-29-2010, 12:30 PM
twisted125
Road Master

haha, no, screen is ok. by the way its acting I think the HD was spooling when it hit and tore itself up. I have another HD, given it to a geek at work to try and fix for me. Im hopin and prayin. Bitch of it is, while I had this forum up, my research project for school was minimized in the background. I hope he can recover some of those files.

The motor is the matte silver from the factory, glare makes it look brighter. One of these days when I dont have anything goin on Im going to pop the tank and spray the motor black. My sig pic was photoshopped, thats the direction Im heading . . . kinda why I hang around yall so much. Ill get some fresh pics this week when i can roll her outside in the sun.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Tartarus
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man that sucks. definitely hope you can get the files recovered

Old 03-29-2010, 03:51 PM
oregonkickstart
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

That is some funny $h!t ! I can totally picture the whole thing... bummer.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:36 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry Twist... that sucks. Glad you weren't to bent about it.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:10 PM
rkduq20
Tourer

Hey all debating on getting a set of 3 degree trees and putting a 1 inch lowering kit in the front. Or just doing one or the other really can't decide? Also can't decide on whether to go with ball mill and turn signals or to go with smooth and no signals in the trees they are from pro one. I can get them for 215 for the smooth and 250 for the ones with sigs in them? Anyone push me in any direction? Really think one inch lowering kit and 3 degree is what I want but still up in the air

Old 03-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Scheers44
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I got the ball milled with sigs. Dropping off at PC'er this weekend I hope. Pretty stoked bout em too! Cleans the front up a bit IMO.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:05 PM
jtmurph00
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Scheers44
I got the ball milled with sigs. Dropping off at PC'er this weekend I hope. Pretty stoked bout em too! Cleans the front up a bit IMO.
Just make sure you are VERY damn gentle when pulling the wiring sockets out of the lower tree. I used two o-ring picks to get them out, but not before I broke both bulbs.

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures