Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 09:25 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by back again
he-he-he that's some funny **** I don't care who ya are.
What a bunch of comedians...

Old 02-17-2010, 09:37 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Can't we all just get along... LMAO

Mike I think if you rest it on the snubber the and mount the fender a 1/4 to 1/2 inch off the tire you'll be golden that way no matter what bump you hit you'll be good. Lets try making the preload as soft as we can... For some reason my 413's drop my bike to the snubber? I prob squished them too... lol but I really think the pre load is set to the softer side there for letting the weight of the bike bring it even lower when I'm not on it? I do run my belt very tight though so the rubbing (belt and Primary) is close to none.

My progressives and stock shocks the 2" lowering bolts were the same length off the bike... But when I lowered the bike with the progressives they streched out more and the bike went down almost 2" lower then with the bolt kit.

Last edited by story808; 02-17-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:38 PM
ScReaMnEagLE22
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks DT, , I guess your new setup is gonna look pretty bad ***. What are you gonna use for struts ?

Mark. Thank you so much for sending me that headlight. Seems my mounting bracket was slightly off for whatever bizarre reason and I was missing the rubber damper that goes inside as well. I owe you won bud.

I also agree with chuck and say that its Marks fault for what happened to DT's LED's.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:42 PM
ScReaMnEagLE22
Road Master

glad to see you are back dude. The scott is looking good as usual. Im diggin that new Crime headlight. What program do you use for your photos ???

Originally Posted by El Gringo Boraccho
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-17-2010, 10:58 PM
bluedemon06
Tourer

back again-to help dark get his bike lower could he just go to a machine shop and have 3in or 4in bolts made for his shocks to me it looks like it would be easy to do he then would probably have to shave down his bump stops wouldnt he

Old 02-18-2010, 03:45 AM
DarkTrak
Road Master

Originally Posted by bluedemon06
back again-to help dark get his bike lower could he just go to a machine shop and have 3in or 4in bolts made for his shocks to me it looks like it would be easy to do he then would probably have to shave down his bump stops wouldnt he
Thats also a possibility bu i think in the end im just gonna do what Mark said and unbolt the shocks and rest it on the snubber then mount the fender like 2 c*nt hairs above the tire.

Mark: Can i come by tomorrow night and steal that jack and the module? That module, the visor, the clutch cable and the jack rental are worth ATLEAST 10 lunches at KBC so don't even fvcking think about pulling your wallet out when we ride for awhile!

Last edited by DarkTrak; 02-18-2010 at 03:55 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:53 AM
rkduq20
Tourer

Originally Posted by DarkTrak
I already have lowering bolts I just want the suspension rigid(as possible)so I can mount the fender nice and close. Ya dig?
heres a little suggestion no one seems to be saying. if you want you suspension as rigid as possible save up and buy a rigid frame and transfer everything over to it. otherwise use the lowering kit and drop it as low as it will go and leave it there. this is the safest way. otherwise you are compromising the swingarm and everything else. then you will either have to buy a new swingarm once everything breaks or buy a new swing arm and frame. which in the long run you would have saved money saving and buying a rigid frame. another plus if you buy a rigid frame is you will save a lot of weight so your bike will seem like it has more horsepower because its no longer lugging around all that extra metal in teh frame plus the shock weight. then you can mount your fender as close to the rear tire as your heart desires.

Last edited by rkduq20; 02-18-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:09 AM
twisted125
Road Master

just thinking out of my twisted mind, I pictured something along the lines of an adjustable tie rod that operates like a turn buckle to lengthen and shorten - using two of these to replace your shocks completely. Would this give you the rigid slam? yea - Maybe some rubber eyelets to take some of the pop? dunno - Im sure that you could find a set to lock in where you want them and be high enough grade to take the impact, but as G said, the frame being softer would scare me. Working in a design / engineering department all day, my mind naturally wonders off to the out there possibilities - would I do it? prob not but its an idea - I like the idea of 2 c*nt hairs of the tire . . . . prob solved.

oh yea, PICS!

Old 02-18-2010, 10:44 AM
Lundee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Thats how I'm planning mine Twist it will have the rubbers in the eyes and at the rod ends. so it will be rigid but w/ like a half inch of movement. Dark why not mount that fender to the swingarm like Chucks? That looks sick.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:53 AM
Schaub85
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just don't think messin with the shocks in the extremes you guys are talkin is safe. Even with my shocks in working order I have hit bumps that make my kidneys hurt worse than a weekend bender. So imagining the shocks ridged without reinforcing the swing arm is just a bad idea. I think the forces being exerted on the "shocks" could be enough to possibly cause them to break.

I vote air ride or as lundee said, mount the damn thing to the swing arm.

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures