Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 07:06 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,351 Likes on 2,571 Posts

Originally Posted by Lundee
When you get your pool done I'll have the bike done

he-he-he that's some funny **** I don't care who ya are.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:22 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by DarkTrak
Im gonna find a way, one way or another to have this thing ride around slammed as fvck...what if the struts were SO log that they forced the swingarm against the snubber?? Wouldnt that work?

dark why don't you just get the 2" bolts and mount ya up a custom fender lowered down till you got clearance while your on it to compress.Did that to my cousins fat boy and it is lower than mine with air out completely which puts me 1/4" off the bump stop.You really need to have some give in there.The bolts are harder steel than the frame and will just rip the mounting bosses apart.Would not flex like a rigid frame does winding up tight like your talking about..Just a thought.
I'm going back to my own little world now.G.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:39 PM
DarkTrak
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by back again
dark why don't you just get the 2" bolts and mount ya up a custom fender lowered down till you got clearance while your on it to compress.Did that to my cousins fat boy and it is lower than mine with air out completely which puts me 1/4" off the bump stop.You really need to have some give in there.The bolts are harder steel than the frame and will just rip the mounting bosses apart.Would not flex like a rigid frame does winding up tight like your talking about..Just a thought.
I'm going back to my own little world now.G.

I already have lowering bolts I just want the suspension rigid(as possible)so I can mount the fender nice and close. Ya dig?

Old 02-17-2010, 08:06 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member

I already have lowering bolts I just want the suspension rigid(as possible)so I can mount the fender nice and close. Ya dig?
only telling ya what I've seen what it does to the mounting bosses on your frame.you dig! just trying to save you some aggrevation and maybe keep your butt safe.you can do what ever you want.it's your bike.later touchy.G.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:12 PM
DarkTrak
Road Master

only telling ya what I've seen what it does to the mounting bosses on your frame.you dig! just trying to save you some aggrevation and maybe keep your butt safe.you can do what ever you want.it's your bike.later touchy.G.

woah...taken out of context...wasnt tryin to be like that! lol Just being goofy. sorry for the misunderstanding G.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:16 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member

woah...taken out of context...wasnt tryin to be like that! lol Just being goofy. sorry for the misunderstanding G.
same here dark.definitely taken out of context on my part.Safety and doing things that could be disastrous I take seriously.G.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Same seat DB. Springs are probably squished like Mark said (******!). I do have the Heartland Signal Mirrors and do not have the covers on my rear signals.
Dark - you can always space the swingarm snubber out too...... just sayin'. With a rigid mount seat, I don't recommend taking away all the suspension. You're back won't like you in a few years......

Old 02-17-2010, 08:33 PM
DarkTrak
Road Master

same here dark.definitely taken out of context on my part.Safety and doing things that could be disastrous I take seriously.G.
I agree completely brotha.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:40 PM
DarkTrak
Road Master

Originally Posted by Tx_Outlaw
Same seat DB. Springs are probably squished like Mark said (******!). I do have the Heartland Signal Mirrors and do not have the covers on my rear signals.
Dark - you can always space the swingarm snubber out too...... just sayin'. With a rigid mount seat, I don't recommend taking away all the suspension. You're back won't like you in a few years......

F*ck it...im just gonna trade it in for a Honda Shadow.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:15 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I just got off the phone with Roger at Kustom Fab, He said that he could easily do it but said that It would put too much stress on the frame if I just replaced the shocks with rigid struts. He suggested that a piece also gets mounted to the swingarm and frame up by the snubber so as to evenly distribute the load...He's booked through March tho. Guess I'll keep that in Mind.

Roger's a great guy... My wife knows him... He does great work! That just turned into an expensive job... To get to the snubber I think the swing arm has to come off? I was thinking of what Lundee was just talking about... Sit on the bike and have someone Tac weld the shocks... lol then pull them out and weld them up... LMAO All this crap is not to safe though? No worries mike just save up for the air ride.

Last edited by story808; 02-17-2010 at 09:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures