Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 07:27 PM
jtmurph00
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Branner
Saint,

As far as looks go, PM's stuff is great. I have the hand controls, grips and brake caliper. The performance is not an upgrade as far as the caliper is concerned. Just my 2 cents...
+1
Went with PM hand controls, forward controls, & both calipers. Visually they're perfect but performance wise Im disapointed, I actually think the stock set up felt firmer than these.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:29 PM
saintslax11
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Mean City Called me today. I should have my seat back by monday. If it werent for the holiday I would have it back friday.
PM controls just look so dam smooth. TX i was actually thinking about Joker but I think PM is my best route.
Murph or Branner you have any close up pics?? I am now thinking of getting rid up the supreme legend forward controls I just got and getting PM to match up the stuff. I am not doing this for a couple more weeks. When the seat comes in I will take pics.I finally got the flush mount caps. Cake job but highly recommend not having a full gas tank. 5 gallons is not light at all.
Oh and TX my seat hated me all the way down to FL and SC this year. Felt like my *** was on fire. Heartlands seat is not cool at all. Sorry no pics but I promise next week.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:43 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My Heartland seat isn't worth a **** either! Been thinking about having one of the gents on Club Chopper build me one. Just need to come up with a design....... I was just givin you a hard time about yours.
If the stock Harley controls weren't so damn ugly, I'd probably re-install them on my bike. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Old 11-25-2009, 10:47 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saint......your seat is that stiff with the hi lo shocks??...or did ya take em off..........im thinking of putting the stockers back on myself....wut a spongy/pogo scary ride........feels like im on a dyna with that sloppy rubber mount rear end.........

chuck.....is the heartland bobber seat ridged or does it have springs???

Old 11-26-2009, 09:06 AM
SpyderTB
Tourer

Last week i got in RSD engine mount with coil relocation. Here is the install. i had to lengthen the coil wires, there was only 4 so a little easy soldering was done.
Name:  121.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  23.5 KB
New bracket
Name:  123.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  14.4 KB
New and old Bracket

Here is the Tank off. the OEM bracket is off. You can see the 4 wires the plug into the coil. They are near the rear head
Name:  126.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  21.4 KB
I kinda forgot to take some pics on the bracket on without the tank on. Sorry. I have to torque down the bolts with a torque wrench and Allen drivers.
Name:  134-1.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  20.9 KB
Here is a finished pic of the soldered and shrink wrapped wires going to the coil.
Name:  130.jpg
Views: 107
Name:  130.jpg
Views: 107
Coil installed.

I moved the horn infront of the rear splash guard. i had to fab up a bracket. i'll get a pic of that up soon.

Name:  119-Copy.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  19.3 KB
Here is just a pic of the NT in the shop.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
130.jpg (21.4 KB, 45 views)
Old 11-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good job Spyder! I like the balanced look with the coil mounted between the cylinders and same length plug wires.

DB - the kit has the springs with a "hidden" spacer going up the center to rigid mount the seat. That is one of the items I modified. My seat is sprung. The seat is too wide near the front and is just not built correctly - might be because of my mods. I lowered the front of the seat qnd moved it back also. With the extended forward controls, the stretch is just right, but it digs into the underside of my upper thighs. The rear lip of the seat doesn't seem to want to hold you in place either. I've done a few quick take-offs and felt myself sliding towards the fender......

Old 11-27-2009, 10:28 AM
saintslax11
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Tx_Outlaw
My Heartland seat isn't worth a **** either! Been thinking about having one of the gents on Club Chopper build me one. Just need to come up with a design....... I was just givin you a hard time about yours.
If the stock Harley controls weren't so damn ugly, I'd probably re-install them on my bike. Good luck with whatever you choose.
Thats the thing TX, You are right about the hand controls. They are so dam ugly. I am just up in the air about my next mods. Limited budget. DAM recession!! I was thinking new hand controls and new SE heads. I am not sure how much I am gonna get because of the 203 cam I have. It is a pretty mild cam but the ****3r gets up and going even with the wife on the back. What do you guys think I might pull. I would need another dyno run which sucks.

Originally Posted by DyNaBoB
Saint......your seat is that stiff with the hi lo shocks??...or did ya take em off..........im thinking of putting the stockers back on myself....wut a spongy/pogo scary ride........feels like im on a dyna with that sloppy rubber mount rear end.........
chuck.....is the heartland bobber seat ridged or does it have springs???
The seat just sucks man. My shocks are better than what I used to have. I set mine to the piont where I do not have alot of pogo. I dont take crazy turns so I can not tell to much. My front end though sucks donkey *****. I can feel my forks twist when I am taking turns. I need a fork brace for my front forks. You could always sell them and go with shotgun or platinum.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:33 AM
saintslax11
Road Warrior

Spyder tha looks sick dude. Nice job.

Old 11-28-2009, 02:03 PM
09_NightRider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the general opinions on hi/lo set up = ?
It can be purchased for $500
so, it isn't to far off, budget wise...

I am gathering parts for my winter mods.
'Lowered Horizons' in my near future.
Already ordered/purchased:
~ 2" under fork tubes
~ 2" rear lowering bolts
~ chrome lowers
~ chrome lower seal caps

Last edited by 09_NightRider; 11-28-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:18 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member

yea i bought mine for 500.................id rather of bought 422s instead but thats just me..............feels unsafe in corners (pogo effect), feels alright with the air almost all the way out but wuts the point of that, my stockers with lowing bolts set on stiff felt like that and i didnt have to worry bout the belt hitting the primary cover...............plus side is i dont need to put the front tire on a piece of wood to get a jack under it...lol.......

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures