Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 10:51 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Schaub85
the only thing I'm wondering is WTF you did with all these aftermarket parts that have been replaced 2-3 times.

Well for me and like many others here on the forum... Is if I get something new or someone gives me something, I give it to a friend that needs it. If I have to sell it then I sell them for a very low price. Again to someone who needs it.

Before I got my Rinehart pipes I went through a few pipes 2 sets i sold on craigslist "LAF's" and "Python 3's" this one guy calls about the Python's... so i go to meet him... And he offers me $80? I was only selling them for $100 with the aftermarket bracket you need that alone was $75. Before I could answer the guy says "Cause i don't really need them" That was it... closed the door and said Cya... The following week i sold it to a guys who really needed them... $60.00 and felt great about. What goes around comes around I say.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:20 PM
jtmurph00
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, since everyones reminicing.

The begining:

Name:  pictures012_edited.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  88.4 KB

The end:

Name:  IMG_0275b.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  33.3 KB

Said screw it, decided to start over:

Old 07-15-2009, 11:24 PM
ScReaMnEagLE22
Road Master
Question

man, I really like how that rear fender looks. If I'm not mistaking, is that the Heartland 180 kit??

Originally Posted by DyNaBoB
damn mark i dont even remember your bike with those but i do know your bike came a long way and its one of my favs............chuck on the other hand his bike looks like a POS..........lol..............just playen chucky.....heres one of my other favs.........it be fun if it was jocky with those mid controls...pipes look like chit thou

Old 07-15-2009, 11:36 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea it looks like it but i think he shortened the struts a little.....it just looks like it would be a blast to ride with the mid controls............cant figure out the pipes thou kinda ugg

Old 07-16-2009, 06:15 AM
FREEFALL
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a new pic that was taken during our last "track day" held on the flight line on MCAS Futenma, Okinawa.

Dillon Code and 2 of his instructors from California Super Bike School have been contracted by the Marine Corps to help set up tracks and give basic riding instructions. This was their second trip to Okinawa. Only a couple Harley riders took advantage of this training. Even in a sport bike world, it was great training.
http://www.superbikeschool.com/
Don't ask about the 2 dunderheads in the back ground.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:28 AM
FREEFALL
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couple more

Old 07-16-2009, 10:44 AM
willyp
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Schaub85
the only thing I'm wondering is WTF you did with all these aftermarket parts that have been replaced 2-3 times.
Sold them on the cheap or gave away to buddies to use. its all good........i have some freebees on my bike now.

Lots a great looking bikes on here......love to see all the different journeys and interpretations that all came from the same model. Fvckin badass!

LOL! Yeah mark………..chuck had to one up us again! If BOTM was still around I would nominate chucks ride. An easy winner in my opinion.

Name:  frontlow2.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  42.4 KB

Last edited by willyp; 07-16-2009 at 11:23 AM. Reason: redneck spellcheck
Old 07-16-2009, 11:04 AM
little_train_that_could
Intermediate

I can say at least you finished one before doing it again, that has been my down fall. Not completing it then changing it up a bit. But now I have a plan and going to follow through.

I decided on the front signals, flush mounted LEDs on my headlight, even if you cant really see it they are there and that makes it legal to take it on base. So when I get back, itwill only take a few weeks to finish her up. I need a better paint job but for $50 what do you really expect. I thought I was going to be good when I had a painter paint it in Dallas but it was a deal gone wrong, not going to do that again.LOL

The custom paint gone wronng cost 1k but to strip it and just do gloss black was $50. I have learned many lessons while customizing mine.

Last edited by little_train_that_could; 07-16-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:30 AM
willyp
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

little train got ant pics of the before and after? when you get back? where are you?

Old 07-16-2009, 02:22 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Freefall... Looking good out there on the track... We had the same thing here at Kaneohe Bay... Last weekend was the second time for this base also... I didn't think they would appreciate a bike with a jockey shift out there on the track... lol So I just watched a few friend go round. What's up with that guy with the shirt tied at his chest... LMAO

Paul... I second Chuck then vote for someone else... LMAO Just to keep it a little closer...

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures