Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 05:07 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Branner
Why the switch to mini apes? What happened with the other bars?
IO dont like the built in riser and just though a set of narrow mini apes...The old school ones from Krome Werks would be on the moolah kinda rotated foward in the clamp just a tad...

These bars turned out to be too wide at 35" and the built in riser is hideous. Time for the Mini's....The 31" tip to tip 6" base narrow bottomed ones. PC'ing em' glassy black. The fat bottomed bars dont work for me. I like the ones that were sposed to be on narrow glides. Looking for that Schwinn stingray flavour. Setting em on an 1 3/4 Heritage riser so black sliders, chrome middle, black bars.
Name:  Riser.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  19.7 KB
Name:  IMG-4.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  2.7 KB
Name:  Picture103-1.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  75.3 KB

Now it gets bizzare though....

White 61-62 Pan emblems with an off white cue ball shift ****.
Name:  BRWNugmkKGrHgoH-EQEjlLlbinfBJ9jg-1.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  8.6 KB
Name:  e9a1_1.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  23.3 KB

I like the white spot on my SE rain sock so much that I never take the fvcker off....I figure it will look crazy yet almost cool. Almost is good nuff'!

Old 06-15-2009, 06:06 PM
SpicOfTheDevil
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tx_outlaw, doin it old school style looks sweet...thanks for the pics and inspiration...you should be proud for what you've done...wish i had the b@lls & skills to work on my ride at that level...aside from the pipes, what else is there till it's done?(at least for now...)

Old 06-15-2009, 06:34 PM
SpicOfTheDevil
Road Captain

tw_outlaw, i think someone here relocated the horn under the frame, what ya think?

Old 06-15-2009, 08:53 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chaz, I think the apes, and black chrome combo, will look great on your bike. Those emblems and that white shifter ball, also badassness. Can't wait to see the "finished" product, AGAIN...... LMAO

TX, I just can't hardly contain my excitement to see your bike finished. That has to be one of the most unique Trains I have seen. I am in love with that ****!!!

EDIT :: I am also looking for a good place to buy some spikes. My next project will be spiking my horn cover, like this:

Last edited by refuzeandrezizt; 06-15-2009 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks guys. It took me a while and a few different routes to figure where I wanted to go with the bike. In other words.... lots of wasted money! I finally figured it out tho.
The primary is the 2" PM contrast cut unit. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it! LOL!
I was trying to get the exhaust installed this afternoon, but something has changed somehow after sending the pipes out to Jet Hot.... don't understand this one as the were mounted up before, but will not fit at the moment. Aggrevating!
I have a few odd and end things to finish up - tank guts, finish rear light mounts, wiring headlight, taillights, horn, and side plate mount, finishing up the front end, adjusting hand controls and mirrors, finish front brake mount and run brake line main fork tube. Lots of little stuff.....
I have the Springer horn on my down tubes. I like it there.
Not a show bike at all..... it's gonna be my rider!

Old 06-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Schaub85
Road Master

Its random but I have a question for ya guys....

I cant do both right now, got some other bills comming.

Tuner(and A/C) or solo seat?

and if you pick seat, any ideas? I need comfort but want some more distance from the bars. Right now I think the C&C is at the top of my list but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Insight would be awesome.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:55 PM
phrogflyer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Schaub85
Its random but I have a question for ya guys....

I cant do both right now, got some other bills comming.

Tuner(and A/C) or solo seat?

and if you pick seat, any ideas? I need comfort but want some more distance from the bars. Right now I think the C&C is at the top of my list but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Insight would be awesome.
if price is a factor, go with the cheaper of the two. if they cost about the same, it would be a coin flip decision for me.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:06 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Saddlemen tattoo leather seat. It has progressive foam and gel and looks great on the bike. It's a hell-of-a-lot more comfortable then the LePera that I had before. I believe it was around $125 or so. I got the orange flame model, to match my orange SE plug wires.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:21 PM
Mr. Lucky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Schaub - I don't think you can go wrong either way. If it were me though, I think I'd do the A/C and tune first. Unless you REALLY hate the stock seat, the replacement will only benefit you on longer rides. But you will always appreciate the increase in performance from the tune etc.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Solo seats are a Hawt item amongst the Train crew nowadays....I love my LePera but its certainly not the comfort model.

Coin flip on the seat or the AC!!

Chaz, I think the apes, and black chrome combo, will look great on your bike. Those emblems and that white shifter ball, also badassness. Can't wait to see the "finished" product, AGAIN...... LMAO
When TX wrote this :
It took me a while and a few different routes to figure where I wanted to go with the bike. In other words.... lots of wasted money!
I felt better??...With the difference being he gets the serious stuff whilst I dick around with little gypsy trinkets!!

Going in LaBriolas shop today (LA Jockey) was like stepping into the past. There wasnt a Twin cam bike in sight. He had some old *** sportsters that were unreal. He also was working on a deal that looked like military grade weaponry that he called the "Quick Shifter"...In essence the guy had machined up a combo foot clutch and shifter that would shift the bike as well as engage the clutch....It was on an old badass Rat sporty and was seriously the work of a genius.

I'm still in awe of Tx's bike.....That thing is disturbingly extreme. Like Magazine ready extreme. I'm not a "Modern" looking bike fan but that beast changed me mindset.

Last edited by Chazmanian; 06-15-2009 at 10:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures