Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 03:26 PM
vulcanater
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oregonkickstart
J&P Cycles makes a system called Fatrisers, p/n 501-955 (polished) that sounds like the way for you to go. They are 6" which I believe the stock risers are, but a lot fatter with a wiring box incorporated in to it. You might want to take a look at those... They also come in chrome, but you could PC the polished ones if you wanted.
Thanks. I'll have to check that out. But before I buy some high dollar risers, I want to try some 4" risers. The 4" might keep my neck and shoulder from hurting too. And I think it does look better with shorter risers on apes. I've been watching ebay for a steal on a set.
Thanks for the part # though. I'll definately look them up.

Chop On,
Robert

Old 05-09-2009, 06:32 PM
WingNut55
Banned

The A/C Looks like some of Mud's Excellent work .... and here's a clip of the Basanni's for you..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc5N64nSOPw

Originally Posted by train913
here's a few pics with my stock a/c cover trimmed up.looks way better than the chrome willie g. cover I had on IMO. I'm also thinking of getting black bassani pro streets,I've just never heard them and can't find a sound clip I know they'll do better in the low end than these jokers but I'm not sure yet.what do you guys think
http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/t...trimmed004.jpg
http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/t...trimmed003.jpg
http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/t...trimmed002.jpg

Old 05-09-2009, 07:56 PM
train913
Tourer

wingnut thanks for the clip and who is mud?

Old 05-09-2009, 08:13 PM
Sash302
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by WingNut55
The A/C Looks like some of Mud's Excellent work .... and here's a clip of the Basanni's for you..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc5N64nSOPw
thoose sounds pretty good,how is the performance from them?

Old 05-09-2009, 08:39 PM
WingNut55
Banned

Mud is a Moderator over on the Dyna side and has done many of the folks here A/C covers ... I think there is a link over there with some Pic's of his work.. Marks / Story's work is Top Notch Also, He can do anything (except turn left going up hill and find neutral without falling over )
Basanni's Performance, There as good as any pipe if ya tune it right... But the sound is right on. Best sounding pipes I've heard in my 40 years of rideing ,, Remember the ticket is find a good Tuner and dial in your Combination.

Last edited by WingNut55; 05-09-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WingNut55
Mud is a Moderator over on the Dyna side and has done many of the folks here A/C covers ... I think there is a link over there with some Pic's of his work.. Marks / Story's work is Top Notch Also, He can do anything (except turn left going up hill and find neutral without falling over )
Basanni's Performance, There as good as any pipe if ya tune it right... But the sound is right on. Best sounding pipes I've heard in my 40 years of rideing ,, Remember the ticket is find a good Tuner and dial in your Combination.
Only 40 years?? I could have sworn you bought on of the first Harleys when they came out in 1903??!!

Old 05-10-2009, 12:30 AM
oregonkickstart
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by vulcanater
Thanks. I'll have to check that out. But before I buy some high dollar risers, I want to try some 4" risers. The 4" might keep my neck and shoulder from hurting too. And I think it does look better with shorter risers on apes. I've been watching ebay for a steal on a set.
Thanks for the part # though. I'll definately look them up.

Chop On,
Robert
Yea, I was considering either 4" or 1.5" "chubby" risers (1.25" dia.) and decided to go with the short ones... The 4" ones are also a J&P product...

Old 05-10-2009, 12:32 AM
oregonkickstart
Tourer

Originally Posted by Tx_Outlaw
Only 40 years?? I could have sworn you bought on of the first Harleys when they came out in 1903??!!
Ouch!

Old 05-10-2009, 02:18 AM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by vulcanater
No it's not just you. I don't like the way they look as much with the 6" risers either. But, I do think it would look better with fat risers to match the 1 1/4" bars. I'd like to try a set of 4" to see if that would keep my neck and shoulders from hurting. that would look better than the 6".
But like I said, it's way more comfortable for me now. It let's me put ALOT more miles on the bike and still be able to move after the ride. I keep my jacket rolled up and strapped to the risers over the headlight, that way you don't really notice the risers as much either.
I can't really afford to buy new taller apes right now. Or at least not from BRCustoms to replace the ones I have. His bars are very pricey, but worth it. I think I paid something like $275.00 for mine. And that was raw steel. No chrome or powdercoating. This was the first apes I've ever rode with. So I didn't have a clue what height I needed.

Chop On,
Robert
I hear Robert... "Jacket rolled" Ican see it looking ok like that. Yup even 275.00 is a good price for those bars if I had the money I would have went that way. No worries brah as long as you're comfy!

Old 05-10-2009, 02:38 AM
oregonkickstart
Tourer

yea, that's what I will probably miss... I can put the ol' lady's jacket and mine on my stock risers. I have always been able to do that with apes on my other bikes in the past though... adapt and conquer...

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures