Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 02:38 AM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
Apes +1.

I have started hating on my street slammers.

I'm doing Apes or narrow beach bars with a jockey shift.

Like soon. I'm tired of how my slammers look and feel and I'm ready for a change.

I just bought all new Magnum Chromite cables so the narrow beach bar look is probably gonna happen soon. IMO Apes need jockey as do Beach bars.

Just think of all the money you will save not having to buy that extra long clutch cable when equipped with said Jockey shifter foot clutch set-up....The savings on those pesky clutch levers as well.

Yeah....Thats it.
Haha... Thats what I told my girl... I could save 60 to 80 dollars going with the jockey shift... it already comes in the 275 dollar kit... LMAO

Refuse... Try Chaz's Street Slammers... the top of the street slammer are more straight then the bars you got. If you go apes just remeber it not the bars that cost money it's the throttle, clutch, brake, cables, extending the wires, risers, and poly bushing are a must when running apes. Cause if you're gonna do it do it right. I'm not trying to scare you just wanna help... But they do feel great and gives you that attitude "badass" biker feels when you riding. IMO

Old 05-01-2009, 02:45 AM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Cool

It is 2 different looks though... Sometimes I miss it?

before
Name:  P1010031.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  84.1 KB

after
Name:  P1010006-10.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  43.0 KB

Old 05-01-2009, 06:53 AM
chrome-dome-dave
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by refuzeandrezizt
Bike looks great Scott, welcome back.

Anyone know if these 8" apes would work with the factory cables and such?
I have 12" apes sittn on 2" risers with factory cables except for my front brake line and they all worked. You may just have to reroute them.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:26 AM
saintslax11
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott367
hey guys its been awhile, let me say everyones bikes are lloking sick! I have been lurking over the winter watching and getting ideas and finaly got my bike out of the shop today, didnt find out the brake light wont work or the front right signal till after i got home lol. well this is what it looks like so far, I love it.
Scott I like the bike, risers look killer. All the black flows together well....... gotta love the Train.

Originally Posted by oregonkickstart
good god... quit stroking each other and try some stuff... just like we used to do 20 yrs. ago... we didn't just buy $h!t, we fabricated it... my god; I have had enough, time to go to the local "bike" bar and hear some more crap... this is getting really tired and old...
Please Oregon inform us how you fabricated all those Harley parts yourself. That sissy bar must have been a bitch. I bet that non expensive tail light you made was a pain in the A$$. AHHH man not to forget that paint job you did, please tell us how it should be done? I can not wait until you get back from jerking people off at the bar and let us know how good it was. "MY GOD" i hate hearing about people buying stuff. Oregon this isnt the 70's or 80's when stuff wasnt available buddy. Chaz are you chaffing from all the stroking thats going on????

Old 05-01-2009, 09:07 AM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oregonkickstart
good god... quit stroking each other and try some stuff... just like we used to do 20 yrs. ago... we didn't just buy $h!t, we fabricated it... my god; I have had enough, time to go to the local "bike" bar and hear some more crap... this is getting really tired and old...
Well now, as far as I am concerned, **** for brains, you can take a running leap off a cliff for all I care. I come in here to shoot the **** with others and look at others bikes, anyone that has a problem with that can fvck off!! I could care less!!

Old 05-01-2009, 09:10 AM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by story808
Haha... Thats what I told my girl... I could save 60 to 80 dollars going with the jockey shift... it already comes in the 275 dollar kit... LMAO

Refuse... Try Chaz's Street Slammers... the top of the street slammer are more straight then the bars you got. If you go apes just remeber it not the bars that cost money it's the throttle, clutch, brake, cables, extending the wires, risers, and poly bushing are a must when running apes. Cause if you're gonna do it do it right. I'm not trying to scare you just wanna help... But they do feel great and gives you that attitude "badass" biker feels when you riding. IMO
Yeah, that's the crappy part, buying all the chit to go with the bars. That's why I figure if I could reuse my stock stuff, for a bit anyway, that would be nice. I am looking at those 8" bars, 2" risers, and bushings. May just go ahead and go for it, I know I can make it work.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Chaz are you chaffing from all the stroking thats going on????
I'm cornfused by the stroking that going on???

What the fvck does that mean? Oregon is a standup guy as far as I know. I know his bike is slathered in off the shelf HD parts as well???

Oregon are you saying that instead of discussing upcoming mods that a guy should just shut-up and figure it out?

I like the instant responses I can glean from members here who have been there done that. I dont want to get my bike torn down only to find it wont fit or work. In this Intra-Net age of uber info transfer it saves us all time and money?

I do know this. I bought a Low Pro console from Murph. I have a Bare Bones seat. The only way I could get it top fit was from some info Story posted. That seat wasnt gonna juts fit. It needed an alteration that I wouldnt have figured out or even considered.

Net result of info sharing? Murph get a few hundred bucks out of his console that he dosent need, I get a console cheaper than a new one and get it installed easily using info gleaned from....This fine thread!!

Is that a bad thing?

Old 05-01-2009, 11:28 AM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member

Now you all sound like some cry baby bitches... LMAO

Now everyone have a beer and calm the **** down... were all friends here. Chaz is right it's about helping others and learning. Peace I'm out! lol

Old 05-01-2009, 12:02 PM
oregonkickstart
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by saintslax11
Scott I like the bike, risers look killer. All the black flows together well....... gotta love the Train.

Please Oregon inform us how you fabricated all those Harley parts yourself. That sissy bar must have been a bitch. I bet that non expensive tail light you made was a pain in the A$$. AHHH man not to forget that paint job you did, please tell us how it should be done? I can not wait until you get back from jerking people off at the bar and let us know how good it was. "MY GOD" i hate hearing about people buying stuff. Oregon this isnt the 70's or 80's when stuff wasnt available buddy. Chaz are you chaffing from all the stroking thats going on????
I fabbed the pipes... let me take some shots of the O2 ports on the back side of them... you can chew on that for awhile.

Old 05-01-2009, 12:04 PM
oregonkickstart
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by refuzeandrezizt
Well now, as far as I am concerned, **** for brains, you can take a running leap off a cliff for all I care. I come in here to shoot the **** with others and look at others bikes, anyone that has a problem with that can fvck off!! I could care less!!
you shure are brave sitting by your computer talking $h!t... bet you $100.00 your mouth isn't that big in person.

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures