Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 12:04 PM
imboden
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by scubadvr35
Planning a ride out to El-Paso from California this summer and thinking about putting some floorboards on the Night Train for a more comfortable ride, anyone else done this? All advice Pros/Cons welcome

I went the heel rest route. probly one of the best things I ever did... floor boards probly give more room.. but I still wanted to be able to use just the peg if I wanted...

Here is an old shot of my wifes bike, but you can see my heel rest just to the left..

Name:  IMAG0145.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  61.4 KB

Old 06-19-2014, 12:16 PM
imboden
Stellar HDF Member

damnit... one more thing....

I keep thinking about getting a swingarm bag for the left side there... but I've mounted that plate holder.

Any idea about moving that plate holder somewhere else? I've got lighted rear axle covers, think I just need to lose those and put the sideplate off the rear axle?

don't know what else I could do.. but it's freakin time for a bag back there.

and come to think of that, what's the best kinda swingarm bag to go for? my sig picture shows where I've got that plate right now...

Old 06-19-2014, 12:46 PM
magneeto
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Midgard, what type of paint did you use and how has it held up. Also if you could quickly go over the method you used to do the trees. Ie: did you hit the chrome with anything first. Iamboden, swingarm bag I used was the harley one. Bought it used on eBay. Has helped a ton already just being able to store some extra stuff. And I also have heel rests. Wouldn't have it another way.

Old 06-19-2014, 01:26 PM
jcallesano
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Midgard
Shotgun was the last thing - saving for new wheels

I can't find the thread but I just carefully taped and used some plastic

and 2 hrs and a few beer later.....................wala!

Please dont waste your money on wheels.....PC them. I did and they came out good.

There are so many other mods you can do with wheel money.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:13 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,362 Likes on 2,573 Posts

Welcome back Pat. Long time no see. You already have your own BadBoy why change. Want to renew interest split the cases and throw a set of wheels in there and hang on.Paint it a different color but don't get rid of it,it's too nice. How's the health doing?

Old 06-19-2014, 10:39 PM
imboden
Stellar HDF Member

Gordon! Life is good, one day at a time. Health is on and off... good enough to still work my fireman job, bad enough to take medicine that has some nasty risk and side effects.

huh, I suppose your right about the badboy thing... paint is a good idea...

or tinker on my wife's ride.. she still has her 06' superglide..

what's new with you?

Old 06-19-2014, 11:29 PM
Midgard
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by magneeto
Midgard, what type of paint did you use and how has it held up. Also if you could quickly go over the method you used to do the trees. Ie: did you hit the chrome with anything first. Iamboden, swingarm bag I used was the harley one. Bought it used on eBay. Has helped a ton already just being able to store some extra stuff. And I also have heel rests. Wouldn't have it another way.
Krylon - Fusion (no prep super bond paint)

Its mainly for plastic but it also works on metal - no sanding - just wiped everything down clean and spray bombed it a couple coats - its been 2 years and its held up pretty well.. few small chips if you look close but can easly be touched up (if i were doing my own lowers I would have went with something more durable like the paint for ovens)

Old 06-19-2014, 11:31 PM
Midgard
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jcallesano
Please dont waste your money on wheels.....PC them. I did and they came out good.

There are so many other mods you can do with wheel money.
jc - please tell me where I can find this special powder coat that will turn my front rim into a 3.5" and make my spokes fat

but in all seriousness, if you powder your spokes / rim, how do you tighten your spokes? Isn't there like a "seal" that is formed from the powder between the spokes and the rim? (possible dumb question lol)

Old 06-20-2014, 12:31 AM
scubadvr35
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JMotulski
I've got floorboards on my train and I love them. Just get some brackets off eBay and bolt them on.
Hate to sound like a total noobie, but i cant find any floorboard mounting kits that list compatibility with an 06 FSXTB, any and all guidance would be helpful

Old 06-20-2014, 01:06 AM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by scubadvr35
Hate to sound like a total noobie, but i cant find any floorboard mounting kits that list compatibility with an 06 FSXTB, any and all guidance would be helpful
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/5500110

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures