jcallesano
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 04-29-2014, 05:24 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by jcallesano
Two packed? Not familiar with that terminology.. I love the way it looks especially since your ignition is black as well. Did you get "two packed" as well? lol Never used the 1/4 mile because I need cops not to be around for that. My motor is also stock, so I dont care how fast I can get down the strip on it. Shes build for looks boys. Appreciate the info Ink. One more thing to the list. I dont remember dishing out five hundo for it. But i know its one of my favorite features on the bike. The stock speedo is just, well... dated.

You know, black, gangster looking, with a hole in it?? Bad joke...I'm no expert in the paint world but most paint jobs are done in either Acrylic or two-pack. Two-pack is usually the one in favor due to being easier to get a better finish "off the gun", easier to sand and polish, easy to make look like a million dollars.
The ignition I bought off eBay like that. Was half the price of an original polished job from HD so win win.
I think I paid $450 on eBay for my dakota, but that was from the states and including shipping. So it might of only been around $380 US it so
I actually ordered the black bezel for the dakota nearly two months ago, had a 3 month wait on it so it shouldn't be two far away now. Wjat you get when you order parts through Aussie dealers, that's why I normally go direct through you guys over there

Old 04-29-2014, 06:57 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,360 Likes on 2,573 Posts

OK who's got a stock horn cover for me.Need some stock rocker boxes also.Gloss blacking everything and want to have them done so I can spend 1 night swapping parts out. I'll send wrinkle black stuff to you or buy outright.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:20 PM
tonkak
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

back again.....I have chrome rockerboxes,cam cover,top and side tranny cover, and derby cover all chrome,,mint cond, looking to trade for wrinkle black. bike is an 07.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:56 PM
Pudge211
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by back again
OK who's got a stock horn cover for me.Need some stock rocker boxes also.Gloss blacking everything and want to have them done so I can spend 1 night swapping parts out. I'll send wrinkle black stuff to you or buy outright.
Hey G I've got a chrome horn cover you can have. It was on my train when I bought it and I replaced it with wrinkle black. Pm me your address and I will send it out Thurs. All this wind and rain has me working round the clock up here.

Joe

Old 04-29-2014, 11:53 PM
dyolfknip
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Branner
Pink: I love this fender from Ness. It would flow with the bobtail fender perfectly.
http://shop.arlenness.com/p-604-23-s...nt-fender.aspx
Yes, saw that one last night. I am running into another issue now though. This is a US bike, that in two years when I leave Germany I need to "import" into Canada. I was thinking of doing my tins in black (along with new fender) but I don't want to deal with the clowns at the border asking why I am importing a black bike that was red. I guess I will just stick with a 21" when I get new wheels.
On a side note why the hell are the Sinister Fat Spokes like twice the price of the DNA fat spokes? With tires, rotors and rims it is literally twice the price. $2000 vs $4000 (approx). That's insane.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:19 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,360 Likes on 2,573 Posts

Originally Posted by tonkak
back again.....I have chrome rockerboxes,cam cover,top and side tranny cover, and derby cover all chrome,,mint cond, looking to trade for wrinkle black. bike is an 07.
Let me look at tranny cover tonkak. Is your bike apart now?

Old 04-30-2014, 12:24 PM
jcallesano
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ink83
You know, black, gangster looking, with a hole in it?? Bad joke...I'm no expert in the paint world but most paint jobs are done in either Acrylic or two-pack. Two-pack is usually the one in favor due to being easier to get a better finish "off the gun", easier to sand and polish, easy to make look like a million dollars.
The ignition I bought off eBay like that. Was half the price of an original polished job from HD so win win.
I think I paid $450 on eBay for my dakota, but that was from the states and including shipping. So it might of only been around $380 US it so
I actually ordered the black bezel for the dakota nearly two months ago, had a 3 month wait on it so it shouldn't be two far away now. Wjat you get when you order parts through Aussie dealers, that's why I normally go direct through you guys over there
OK cool.

What about the key pattern in the ignition...?
Do i have to use the keys provided? Are they cheap keys? Hop its good, I already purchased it. LOL. 25 bucks. DEAL. HD wants 175 for a new ignition.

I had to have mine redone because I lost it. Was a pain because it had to be matched to my specific VIN.

(another short story. My gas tank quick disconnect was leaking...needed a new O ring. HD said we dont sell the O ring you have to buy the whole part which requires tank removal, dash and cover removal and gasket and fuel pump and everything in there. WHAT BS. I took the damage O ring out with a dental pick and brought it to a hardware store and matched it. Hasnt leaked since. .38 cent ring instead of 200 in parts and my labor. SCREW HD. Bunch of con artists over there.... sorry rant over.)

Also, is the RW dash metal or plastic? Im going to drill through it for my custom air ride buttons, so i hope its metal.

Last edited by jcallesano; 04-30-2014 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:45 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by jcallesano
OK cool. What about the key pattern in the ignition...? Do i have to use the keys provided? Are they cheap keys? Hop its good, I already purchased it. LOL. 25 bucks. DEAL. HD wants 175 for a new ignition. I had to have mine redone because I lost it. Was a pain because it had to be matched to my specific VIN. (another short story. My gas tank quick disconnect was leaking...needed a new O ring. HD said we dont sell the O ring you have to buy the whole part which requires tank removal, dash and cover removal and gasket and fuel pump and everything in there. WHAT BS. I took the damage O ring out with a dental pick and brought it to a hardware store and matched it. Hasnt leaked since. .38 cent ring instead of 200 in parts and my labor. SCREW HD. Bunch of con artists over there.... sorry rant over.) Also, is the RW dash metal or plastic? Im going to drill through it for my custom air ride buttons, so i hope its metal.
Haha ok....well yep you get new keys for it, keys are fine, work fine as well. The flick open part is a little harder to open then usual. I never lock it with the key so it hasn't bothered me. And where the OEM wire clip clips into it, one side of the clip doesn't won't clip in until you shave that side of the clip off. To me once again no big deal, it still holds in well and won't ever come out, even if you went back to the original. Apart from that, as you pointed out, it's so crazy cheap compared to the oem ignition that I didn't think twice about it as it too was $180 for a new oem switch. The black finish on it is top notch too

RWD dash is metal

HD here also rips you off blind. It's no wonder the guys that can't do the mods themselves, can't afford many mods from stock

Old 04-30-2014, 08:24 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

G - you gotta stay 06 and earlier on the trans to stay with 5 speed. Rocker boxes will swap. Primary is different on 07 and up also, I believe.
Difference in price of fat spokes........ You get what you pay for. I know some guys have had good luck with the DNA's, but I also know quite a few who have not had the best of luck too.

Last edited by Tx_Outlaw; 04-30-2014 at 08:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures