Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 06:08 PM
KRS
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
Yo' KRS, How are you liking that Pro-Pipe? Any serious scraping issues?
Chaz and Frisian, I love the pipe and I'm very happy with the performance gain. There are better looking pipes for the Train, in my opinion, but I was looking for performance over style. My HD tech highly recommended the Pro-Pipe and said it was the "best bang for the buck" and that it was probably the best 2-1 pipe for performance. The pipe has a quiet but deep sound at idle and while cruising, but really barks when you get on the throttle.

I originally wanted a black Pro-Pipe that V&H had on their website but I could not find one. I then called V&H and they said that they were not going to make the "standard" PP in black, only a "High Output" model that is made for 110" motors and above. So, I went with the chrome and it has grown on me. It looks really good, IMO.

Chaz, I have not had any issues with scraping yet, even when riding 2-up. A friend of mine has an older Pro-Pipe on his lowered Softail and he does scrape. The difference is that mine is the new "BP" (blue proof) model while his is not. You can see that the new model sits a little higher than the old one if you look at them close.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:32 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sqrlnts
Nice find on the painter. does he do PC'ing as well? The ONLY reason I have kept the SE 2-1 is for the low end (and no one will buy em).

My scoot is lowered and you have to be careful in the twisties. On the right side the bracket will drag before the pipe does, but its only a matter of time...
I dunno if he does PC....I will ask. My little brother bought a PCVing kit at Harbor frieght and has gone tweaked out crazy on his YZ250 dirtbike. He has PC-ed half the derned bike and oddly enough it looks gopod

For $150.00 he is gonna paint my fender and mount it. If the paint wasnt the pricey crap dude said $100!!!

So a guy who cant find a good painter locally wanting a black or silver fender can order it online and have shipped directly to Randy and get it back a week later painted for $100-$150 bucks....

I will post some good photos of how mine looks when done.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:55 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

KRS, your bike looks great man. I too like the sissy bar.

Chaz, your bike looks pretty badass without the front fender. Maybe you should of saved the money and just went fenderless. LOL

Old 04-21-2009, 08:59 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dunno if he does PC....I will ask. My little brother bought a PCVing kit at Harbor frieght and has gone tweaked out crazy on his YZ250 dirtbike. He has PC-ed half the derned bike and oddly enough it looks gopod

For $150.00 he is gonna paint my fender and mount it. If the paint wasnt the pricey crap dude said $100!!!

So a guy who cant find a good painter locally wanting a black or silver fender can order it online and have shipped directly to Randy and get it back a week later painted for $100-$150 bucks....

I will have to make sure and keep your painter in mind once I finally get around to getting my front fender. Can't wait to see the finished product and check out his work.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KRS
Chaz and Frisian, I love the pipe and I'm very happy with the performance gain. There are better looking pipes for the Train, in my opinion, but I was looking for performance over style. My HD tech highly recommended the Pro-Pipe and said it was the "best bang for the buck" and that it was probably the best 2-1 pipe for performance. The pipe has a quiet but deep sound at idle and while cruising, but really barks when you get on the throttle.

I originally wanted a black Pro-Pipe that V&H had on their website but I could not find one. I then called V&H and they said that they were not going to make the "standard" PP in black, only a "High Output" model that is made for 110" motors and above. So, I went with the chrome and it has grown on me. It looks really good, IMO.

Chaz, I have not had any issues with scraping yet, even when riding 2-up. A friend of mine has an older Pro-Pipe on his lowered Softail and he does scrape. The difference is that mine is the new "BP" (blue proof) model while his is not. You can see that the new model sits a little higher than the old one if you look at them close.
That high output pipe they spoke of must be the Outlaw.

That pipe has no heat shields and would like chit 4 days after you instaled it. Smart choice going with the chrome Pro-Pipe.

Honestly I like the look of the 2-1 pipes on this bikes but I made the move based on stronger lowend Tq numbers as I'm rapping my bike out all over the place with my 211 build. I'm thinking that even if I can get my shift points down 500 RPM I can keep from grenading my motor this summer!

My Rinehart arrived today and looks kinda cool. I'm gonna hafta have my dealer guy install it as I want it put on the dyno immediately with the sniffer to make sure it dosent run crazy lean before riding it to the tuner. They are doing my wheels on Friday so I offered an hours labor to install the Riney and dyno it and they accepted.Thats $80 I will part with after looking at the heat shields and potential bloody knuckles involved.

Is your bike dyno tuned and if so what kind of numbers did you lay down with the PP compared to whatever you had prior?

Old 04-21-2009, 11:54 PM
sqrlnts
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hope the paint works out, thats a steal of a price. Damn, I didn't realize that the HF PC'ing system was so cheap, sans the oven.... Hell I just spent $100 on paint, thinners, hardners and primers..... Going to be spraying my new bars, risers, and front fender. Am also going to try and fit some FLH cowbells, fork sliders, and triple tree tins on my scoot. More to follow.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:13 AM
JY Kelly
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Think I posted in this thread a while ago, but my Train's gone through some changes since... most notably, being lowered almost 2" in the rear and the addition of Alloy Art rear turn signals.

Attached Thumbnails  Night Train Pictures-0409-003.jpg    Night Train Pictures-0416.jpg    Night Train Pictures-0416-002.jpg    Night Train Pictures-dsc02603.jpg    Night Train Pictures-ride-with-geoff.jpg  

Old 04-22-2009, 10:30 AM
faster68
Novice

Anyone ever have the stock 2008 sytle rear rim chromed?

Old 04-22-2009, 03:47 PM
Frisian HD
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Did a trip through the woods yesterday

Old 04-22-2009, 04:32 PM
Wade Garrett
Advanced
Default Nightrains. Aren't they great? First pic post!

Dear Members,
I am attempting to post pics of my bike, which was a standard Nightrain and is my first bike. Ever. Passed my test just so I could buy one and ride it. The second best thing I ever did, the first being junking the standard pipes and putting them Crackers on. A lot of money for a bit of tubing but when I fired it up the first time, it all made sense! I dont need to tell you guys, my bike will probably be a bit boring to ost but I am a newbie and wanted to show you Im trying! Had it stage one'd, lowered and a bit of powder coating, and had to get the pipes ceramic coated 'cos i couldn't wait for the factory black and got chrome first! Anyway, hope it makes someone smile!
Cheers
Ben

Attached Thumbnails  Night Train Pictures-stock-train.jpg    Night Train Pictures-crack-pipes.jpg    Night Train Pictures-powdercoat.jpg  

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures