Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 06:23 PM
Ash16
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Levers showed up today. Thanks again John.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:03 PM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ash16
Levers showed up today. Thanks again John.
Glad I was able to help, hope they get him back on the road! Cheers!

Old 01-28-2013, 11:59 PM
Boost
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cygnusx51
Mid, what's up, been hammering down some beers myself tonight! Started out with some 7&7's however.

Stesch, not sure if you wanted a bagger or not, but, if you didn't, you got some tear down to do! Either way, it a great ride!

Boost, wtf on your dyno numbers man. That's crazy!! I hope it's all because of the D&D since I'm gonna get mine dyno-tuned this spring lol

You'll see a huge improvement over stock with the D&D and a tune. I wish I had got the Low Cats like yours. I scrape all the time. I have have even tried leaning off the bike like a sport rider too keep from scraping.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:02 AM
Boost
Tourer

Originally Posted by jreichart
Thanks man, it is never ending. Every spring I think it's done, then it gets cold and my wrenches start calling to me from the garage! Shoot me a pm if you head out this way, I'll show ya around some of the good roads, and I'll make sure the kegerator is full! I'd love to see that pro charger in person.
Will do brother. Im in South Carolina this week. Will hit you up when i return.

Last edited by Boost; 01-29-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:02 AM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,649 Likes on 1,077 Posts

Boost I actually scraped mine the first week I had it on. It met the pavement right at the second bend of the lower header pipe before the merge. I did it beating a light at an intersection.

As for the tune, the bike had the download when I bought it, it had short shots and the SE race tuner. After putting on the D&D, it had a bad lag at lower rpm's and had lots of decel pop. They hooked it up and changed the A/F ratio a bit to get rid of it. Now I think it's running lean since I notice the decel pop is gone, it still lags a little bit in first gear but I notice the engine is running hotter than before. They said it needs to be dyno'd to really get it where it needs to be.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:50 AM
Branner
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jake: Where do you bring your bike for service? I bring mine to Buffalo H-D and they dyno tune whenever they do that sort of stuff.

Just heard from LePera, my seat is done and in the mail. Having some other little things done as well, can't wait for Daytona!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-29-2013, 12:18 PM
Boost
Tourer

Originally Posted by Cygnusx51
Boost I actually scraped mine the first week I had it on. It met the pavement right at the second bend of the lower header pipe before the merge. I did it beating a light at an intersection.

As for the tune, the bike had the download when I bought it, it had short shots and the SE race tuner. After putting on the D&D, it had a bad lag at lower rpm's and had lots of decel pop. They hooked it up and changed the A/F ratio a bit to get rid of it. Now I think it's running lean since I notice the decel pop is gone, it still lags a little bit in first gear but I notice the engine is running hotter than before. They said it needs to be dyno'd to really get it where it needs to be.
I guess the D&Ds love ground clearance. Or maybe a little less aggressive driving. Sounds like neither is an option...

Mine had the short shots too before the fat cats. Had to lower the AFR to 12.1 between 1500 and 3000 in the closed throttle position to get rid of the decel pop. A good tuner is your best friend

Old 01-29-2013, 02:19 PM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member

Jim: for the major stuff (95" kit) I went to Gowanda HD since that's where I bought it and the head service guy is great to work with. The guy who does the tuning there rode it, adjusted the map, then rode it again and then made a few more adjustment, within acceptable tolerances of the stock map. Only charged me $35. He'll do the full dyno for $250 and get it perfect. Lots of guys I've talked to said he's really good and backs up his work. The bike hauls *** as it is now, I can't wait for a full tune to be done on it!

For minor stuff like tire changing I go to an Indy in Cuba. I can handle the basic maintenance.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Branner
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks, Jake. When you did the 95, did you put the D&D on at the same time? If not, what was the difference in before/after with the 95, and then with the 95 and D&D?

Old 01-29-2013, 04:46 PM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member

Jim I did the 95 last spring and then the D&D went on towards the end of summer. So going from the 88 with the short shots to the 95" with the short shots, I noticed a decent improvement in power. It def got up to speed faster and had more power down low.

After putting the D&D on, I noticed that power was gained throughout the rpm range instead of hitting a plateau like with the short shots. They must have been too open and the loss of back pressure caused this. I was able to accelerate more through each gear before needing to shift.

Not sure what it all did for top speed but it made a noticeable difference in the time getting to speed. I wish I had the dyno done before and after to compare it all but it ran fine before so it wasn't needed

I'll be sure to post up the numbers when it happens

Last edited by Cygnusx51; 01-29-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures