Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the pics. getting the circle right is the reason mine arent done yet

Old 01-23-2013, 05:59 PM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cygnusx51
Looking good man, how does the stock splash guard attach at the top? I see the bolts at the bottom and was thinking of taking mine off and just cutting the sides off so you can see through that space in front of the tire. Is that something I can take off without removing the wheel??
There is a tab welded to the top crossmember that slots into a hole in the splash guard. Below is a couple pics before paint, makes it easier to distinguish. I don't think it could be removed with the wheel in place. My new one probably could be, but the stocker is molded on the sides to fit more closely between the swingarm and belt area. It would need to be lifted vertically about an inch to unhook it from the top mount.

I'll reinstall the stocker tomorrow and see if it can be removed sliding straight up and then down. I'll let ya know!

Old 01-23-2013, 07:02 PM
Branner
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What's up guys. JR, looking good, anything else planned over the winter?

Question for my Night Train brethren... I'm doing some minor stuff to get ready for Daytona and am thinking about either polishing my belt drive pulleys or powder coating them. I like the contrast of black and chrome but don't want to screw it up, what do you all think? I also want to have my kick stand powdered a real funky, off the wall color. Any ideas?

Old 01-23-2013, 08:05 PM
bswearingen
Tourer

Name:  2013-01-23_172931.jpg
Views: 1968
Size:  15.0 KB

got me some new bars

Attached Thumbnails  Night Train Pictures-2013-01-23_174025.jpg  

Last edited by bswearingen; 01-23-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:52 PM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,649 Likes on 1,077 Posts

Ahh ok, now I see it JR. Guess that would be a bitch with the wheel on. I'm sure you could end up wiggling it off but putting it back on would be a knuckle busting bitch. I see HD sells that polished splash guard. Maybe I'll buy that and have the Indy throw it on when I need a new tire.

Branner, what if you powdered the pulleys the crazy color and just blacked the stand out. Having a sweet color to show off the open primary set up would really make it pop

Old 01-24-2013, 12:20 AM
Abbinc83
Road Master

Originally Posted by Branner

Question for my Night Train brethren... I'm doing some minor stuff to get ready for Daytona and am thinking about either polishing my belt drive pulleys or powder coating them. I like the contrast of black and chrome but don't want to screw it up, what do you all think? I also want to have my kick stand powdered a real funky, off the wall color. Any ideas?
Well, opinions are like a$$es everyone has one, I my be in left field by myself on this one but I like a little contrast. It seems to give the black a little more meaning. Just a big pile of black turns me off. Sometimes less is more, you just have to find a happy medium (Don’t get me wrong here I love black just not everything black). And I’m not on board with the funky kickstand idea personally, but it’ s your horse to ride.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:47 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,351 Likes on 2,571 Posts

Pretty kitty pink might look good on the jiffy stand Branner.I think Story has on laying around from a while back.BW is right around the corner man.
JR you should be able to get your new splash guard off and on if your running the 16. Was messing around with mine the other night and had plenty of room.Suggestion, put a thin piece of inner tube on the swing arm. We built one like that and mounted it tight and the damn thing still vibrated. Bike is looking good.What speedo you running?
Bike is looking good bs I like the straight pipes,gives that classic look.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:14 AM
Green Hornet
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it sounds like a cool idea branner. Creativity is what sets our bikes apart from one another. If you hate it you can always change it down the line!

Old 01-24-2013, 06:56 AM
jreichart
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Branner
What's up guys. JR, looking good, anything else planned over the winter?

That's about it for me for the winter. Just the splash guard, speedo relo, blackline dash and WWW, plus some powder here and there.

I think the powder on the pulleys is the way to go. Black out the stand and throw a splash of color (red or blue goes nicely with black). I think putting color on there is more creative than just chrome and black. Go to your local powder shop and borrow a set of samples and see what jumps out at ya. Was at a local indy yesterday and saw an awesome tangerine candy over silver with some small flake that just popped. Got some ideas going in my head for the next paint job....... Good luck, and you know the rules! Pics or it doesn't exist!

Old 01-24-2013, 07:02 AM
jreichart
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by back again
JR you should be able to get your new splash guard off and on if your running the 16. Was messing around with mine the other night and had plenty of room.Suggestion, put a thin piece of inner tube on the swing arm. We built one like that and mounted it tight and the damn thing still vibrated. Bike is looking good.What speedo you running?
Thanks! That's a good tip, I'll put something between the tube and the guard. I got the speedo from Jireh Cycles on eBay. It was a good deal, $78 shipped, and the smallest one I could find. Measures 1 7/8" at the body, the trim ring is about 2 1/8" dia. Got the LEDs on eBay too, great quality all metal construction, and another deal at $7 ea.

Another cold *** day out here, snow on the ground. Can't wait for the warm air to get here!

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures