Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 09:37 AM
vulcanater
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazmanian

Lemme guess...ME880 150/80/16? Those seem to run a few MM narrower. My buddy tried an Avon Venom. No good!
I actually put a Dunlop 402 on that was used. It's still got probably more than half of the tread left. Only paid $25.00 for it. Got it from a friend. I wanted to make sure that it wasn't gonna rub or have any problems with it, Before I spend the money on a new one.

Chop On,
Robert

Old 04-09-2009, 10:12 AM
vulcanater
Road Captain

Originally Posted by story808
It look alright man... I think it the lowers that need to to be black... If you got the skills to take of the front tire? And I'm pretty sure you can do that... Just paint them suckers... Sand them down with like 800 wet with soapy water... cuz you'll find some gease around there prime 'em and and rattle can them... Did mine like 2 years ago and they hold up fine and if they don't blast them again... the rubber caps just slide them up and tape off... You get the picture... make sure you cover the rest of your bike, duh... Now get to it... LMAO
+1 on that. I painted my lowers and front rim. I live down a mile of dirt/gravel road and still haven't had ANY problems with them. Like you said, just sand them down good. And I used a self etching primer.

Chop On,
Robert

Old 04-09-2009, 10:43 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,361 Likes on 2,573 Posts

Originally Posted by refuzeandrezizt
Thanks for sharing that with me. I think I will go with the 8" pullback t's. Now, I just have to make my choice on the headlight, since they will both be coming from the same company. I also have to order some new top fork caps, since I scarred mine up taking them off for the lowering kit. It's always something I tell ya.

Refuze let's just say there was just enough wire after coaxing a little from the harness and it was a 2man job getting them on.after they were bolted up there was plenty of spare for turning lock to lock.Been on 3 years and 40k miles with no issues.The bars are wider than it looks like you have so you should be all right.If not 6" extensions that plug are only 15.00 or so.

913 wait till you get some hot days and see how hot those pipes really get.You're gonna get tired of cleaning that back wheel too.You're right about them looking bad azz though.G.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Tartarus
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ref the pointed one looks better of the two. thomps light is pretty bada$$ though

Old 04-09-2009, 12:12 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What's up G, 3 days? damn... I hope you're getting some sleep... lol The look is really starting to take shape and I know it's gonna b e killer... Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Oh yah... now that the look has changed that big azz orange blinky gotta go... lol, M

Old 04-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone if the Harley low profile console will fit up with a Bare Bones seat?

Fits '00-later Softail® models (except FXSTD, FXCW/C and models equipped with a Color Shop Stretched Fuel Tank). Will not fit with Brawler, Stripper, Sidekick®, Sidekick® Custom or Rally Runner seats

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Last edited by Chazmanian; 04-09-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:45 PM
jconsiglio
Advanced

If don't mind me jumping in to ask a quick question, I could use a quick piece of advice. And before you ask, I'll snap some updated pics and throw them up :-)

I am looking for a cheap hold over until I can go to the internally wired Street Slammers. Basically, I just need a couple inches at the most of pull back with the stock bars and cables. Just something to ease the back a little on the longer trips.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:00 PM
NightsterAl
Cruiser

I always check out this thread. You guys have some of the sickest bikes on here.
G, that sporty is coming together nice. Once you get it fixed up let me know so we can ride. I really like that front fender you are putting on it.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:00 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Chaz... Yeah it'll fit, you may have to bend that piece on the seat that slips under the frame right behind the gas tank "under the front of the seat" also the front of the seat may feel a touch higher after that. But the look is worth it. I just used a big cresent wrench.

here you go... I bought this one from 06 Kustoms when he did his new tank, He are ready had it PC'ed.

Name:  P1010008-7.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  68.5 KB

Old 04-09-2009, 02:04 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jconsiglio
If don't mind me jumping in to ask a quick question, I could use a quick piece of advice. And before you ask, I'll snap some updated pics and throw them up :-)

I am looking for a cheap hold over until I can go to the internally wired Street Slammers. Basically, I just need a couple inches at the most of pull back with the stock bars and cables. Just something to ease the back a little on the longer trips.
Not sure what your definition of cheap is, but the 6.5" pullbacks that I have were around $50 I think. I got them from Dennis Kirk. There are thousands of different places to get them though, with an equal amount of differences in prices. Good luck man, check out the classifieds and such too.

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures