Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 06:40 AM
little_train_that_could
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, PC is all in the prep work. We have two PCers in this town and after getting a crappy piece done I had to find the other anyway they explained what you have to do and then showed me the difference. So its all in the prep, if done right its going to hold up if not it may not flake for awhile but it will eventually.

Update on my ride, still trying to figure out the paint and waiting for my shifter kit. I am now getting tempeted to get a cheap sportbike seeing some good deals not getting rid of my scoot but I want to ride.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:20 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jtmurph00
Dude what the *** did you expect? Their job is to MASS produce wheels and turn over inventory, not know what the hell theyre gonna fit on. I learned that the hard way, heres the basics on wheels, unless youve got your own machine shop just go ahead and spend the extra money and get em from somewhere reputable. Give Wes at bikersimage or ANY of the guys at HogPro a call, when either of them sell you a set of wheels they know what you need, pulley spacing, rotor spacing, wheel spacing, even belt sizes. Its way too much chit to figure out for the average joe but they know it and stock it so when your wheels show up it is just bolt em on and go. Hell, Ive currently got three sets of wheels on e-bay right now because it took me that long to figure it out.
I had a fleeting sense of...Hope?

I'm feeling down on this particular wheel deal. The bastiges have 100% good feedback so I figgered??? Plus they have been doing wheels for 27 years?? Maybe its the chitty chic who answers the phone.

Gonna call today and if I dont get some answers that sound right I'm gonna try and cancel and just go with Hogpro. The thought of my bike sitting on a lift and a set of wheels that wont work is just unnerving. Tossed and turned last night thinking about it!!

Old 04-07-2009, 09:26 AM
saintslax11
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Don't forget about www.blackbikewheels.com That is where I got mine from. They know there chit but so deos HogPro. Nothing but good things from these people. Who knows.... they might actually fit.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:01 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,362 Likes on 2,573 Posts

you might be getting worked up for nothing Chaz.Bolt them up and see.Different spacers can be over night freight away and still cheaper than the other Brand.Got like 9000 miles or so on my Ride Wrights with no pc issues.Most of those miles getting sand blasted riding in Florida.Maybe the old saying you get what you pay for won't bite ya in the azz.G.
Name:  dec08Lanier003.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  125.9 KB

Old 04-07-2009, 12:30 PM
1badnt
Road Master

chaz....don't know about your spacers....I used stock spacers on my rim swaps...
I think if you ordered the correct fitment for your year and model, you should be ok...but it's you cash..not mine, so good luck on what you do...

here's a cross table for rim sizes that helped me choose my rims...
http://www.hdwheels.com/Product.htm

Old 04-07-2009, 12:45 PM
1badnt
Road Master

here's the latest update on my bike...
I took off my chrome shorty belt gaurd for awhile, so you can see the rim better, but I didn't like the belt look, so I copied HotRoc54's idea and cut my stock belt gaurd with a chop saw, the sprayed it wrinkle black where it was cut....looks real good and shows the rim like I wanted...I might drill large holes in the side with a drill press, don't know yet...

here's some pics...
Name:  4x700.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  66.8 KB

Name:  3x700.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  74.5 KB

Name:  5x700.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  82.9 KB

changed my mirrors to these to match my rims...
Name:  6x700.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  68.2 KB

got a personalized license plate...but going to get it redone to 1badnt..no spacing..
Name:  7x700.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  106.8 KB

and story's AC cover sets off the bike...
Name:  2x700.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  79.1 KB

Name:  1x700.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  98.5 KB

Last edited by 1badnt; 04-07-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Marcus666
Banned

Story...your bike has come a long ways from what I can see...well done!

1badnt...sweet. Very clean...not that big on chrome, but you've definitely done well. Congrats.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:57 PM
skullhead
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

1badnt have to give you credit man. Your bike looks great and you didn't even do matching wheels. That front wheel is so light looking it really compliments the back rim. All the times I have looked at your bike and I just noticed they don't match.

Great bike man.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:23 PM
1badnt
Road Master

thanks for the comps...

in person, the rims look like a before and after version, like the solid rim cut into a custom rim...

anyway...I've alway's like drag cars...the way they were sleek and built for speed...with the big rear wheels in the back w/solid rims and the skinny custom wheels in the front...don't know why...I just always like the look...

Name:  3362.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  55.3 KB

Name:  CrewChiefProCar_03_thumb.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  44.4 KB

Name:  CrewChiefProCar_04_thumb.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  40.6 KB

Old 04-07-2009, 02:26 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Spoke with the Tech at the wheel shop. The guy explained that they were busy and he apologized for the inept customer service gal. He went on to tell me that they had in fact sent out the 3/4" axles and the correct sized hubs for my bike albeit the CS gal had no clue.

He gave me the secs for the spacings of the back wheel and told me the stock spacers would work on the front....

I'm feeling better.

I'm just gonna hope when they arrive it all works as explained.

Phew....I'm a worry-wart when it comes to my dollars!

Gordon is that the 52 spoke DNA wheel? That looks badass.

1 Bad train? That bike effin' pops off the page!!

Last edited by Chazmanian; 04-07-2009 at 02:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures