Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 05:18 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,358 Likes on 2,573 Posts

this is a 160 under the stock and fat boy fender.Don't know why yours is any different Mark. A 170 18 is actually skinnier than a 160 16.I can't copy the Metzler fitment chart from their website for some reason but if you look there it has all the specs on any tire and wheel made.I've made both of these changes on a number of softails now and know they work.On some of the 160's we had to spread the frame horns a little but it fills the fender so nice it's worth it.I ride 2-up with it lowered and have no rub issues.I still have that stock polished and powder coated wheel for sale that I cut if anyones interested. G.

Name:  DSC01167.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  17.1 KB

Name:  dec08Lanier007.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  75.6 KB

Old 04-02-2009, 05:18 PM
vulcanater
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oregonkickstart
What size are those bars in the rise? How tall are your risers? If you recall I wouldn't mind hearing the length you had to use for throttle cables, clutch cable, and brake line... Your scoot looks great! I dig the way that round sissy bar looks. Is that the Harley round bar or did you fab that one?
Thanks! My bars are 16" tall. That's from the bottom to the top of the points, not where my hands are. It would probably be like 14" to my hand grips. I have 1 3/4" risers in the pics. I have since replaced the risers with the stock Night Train risers. It's alot more comfortable for me now. I can ride all day and my shoulders and neck won't be hurting now. It just don't look as good with the tall risers being skinny. I need to get some fat risers.
Sorry, but I don't remember the length on the cables. I did have it written down. If I can find the paper, I'll let you know. I just mounted the bars and then measured for the cables. that way i knew they would be right.
The sissy bar is from Cycle Vision. It was like $129.00 I think. It would be alot cheaper to fab one up yourself. It's made out of 9/16" cold roll.

Chop On,
Robert

Old 04-02-2009, 07:27 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I said Opps... lol Hey G... did you have trouble getting the inside bracket for the first two holes on the fender & struts... lol I was getting pissed... I think it would be worst with the bigger tire?

Old 04-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Havanacigar
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys...talking tires..I have a 2000 night train and had the stealership mount up the wide tire kit...went from a 130 to a 150, included in the kit were a remachined rear caliper, and a splash guard...I also have the detachable sissybar and they had to reverse the bolts to allow for clearence think it was like 400 and some change, but I cant remember for sure. and yeah...I had to drop the whole tire to access the bolts!

Attached Thumbnails  Night Train Pictures-distrain3.jpg  

Last edited by Havanacigar; 04-02-2009 at 08:36 PM. Reason: adding pic
Old 04-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm going full steam ahead with the 18" and the 160/60 tire. I think it will look just about right.

Put my seat on today....
Name:  Picture160.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  110.9 KB

Now it really needs that spoked wheel!

So my next project is install my chrome lower fork sliders, get the derned 18" wheel sent out, powder coating my brake, shift levers and the jiffy stand, and trying to find some kinda cool looking bib for my ugly *** fender with 3 holes in it!

Thanks for the help on the wheel issue gents!

Old 04-03-2009, 01:39 AM
oregonkickstart
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
I'm going full steam ahead with the 18" and the 160/60 tire. I think it will look just about right.

Put my seat on today....

So my next project is install my chrome lower fork sliders, get the derned 18" wheel sent out, powder coating my brake, shift levers and the jiffy stand, and trying to find some kinda cool looking bib for my ugly *** fender with 3 holes in it!

"Who you callin' gents, mother f^@ker?!?!?!" -- BTW... A famous quote from a too-popular hollyweed movie if I remember correct... >all meant in good faith... just had t f+++ with ya'<

Last edited by oregonkickstart; 04-03-2009 at 02:38 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:45 AM
oregonkickstart
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by vulcanater
Thanks! My bars are 16" tall. That's from the bottom to the top of the points, not where my hands are. It would probably be like 14" to my hand grips. I have 1 3/4" risers in the pics. I have since replaced the risers with the stock Night Train risers. It's alot more comfortable for me now. I can ride all day and my shoulders and neck won't be hurting now. It just don't look as good with the tall risers being skinny. I need to get some fat risers.
Sorry, but I don't remember the length on the cables. I did have it written down. If I can find the paper, I'll let you know. I just mounted the bars and then measured for the cables. that way i knew they would be right.
The sissy bar is from Cycle Vision. It was like $129.00 I think. It would be alot cheaper to fab one up yourself. It's made out of 9/16" cold roll.

Chop On,
Robert
Please do PM me if you find/remember the cable/line lengths... TY! Very nice looking bar though... Might have to copy that and make one. I have a really interesting suggestion for the riser part of your problem... I will post it a soon as I dig it up. Thanks again and "good job". That scoot is looking primo.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:31 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,358 Likes on 2,573 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazmanian

Put my seat on today....

Telling ya Chaz the 160-18 is gonna look skinny back there even if you have a 4 1-2" rim.Seat looks good by the way.I liked the way the C+C looked on my bike better than the Corbin but my azz didn't much care for it.

Mark I had it up on the lift with the rear deck dropped down so there was plenty of room. Did a couple on my sears lift before I had the table lift though and had no problems with bolts.

Last edited by back again; 04-03-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:36 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by back again
Telling ya Chaz the 160-18 is gonna look skinny back there even if you have a 4 1-2" rim.Seat looks good by the way.I liked the way the C+C looked on my bike better than the Corbin but my azz didn't much care for it.

Mark I had it up on the lift with the rear deck dropped down so there was plenty of room. Did a couple on my sears lift before I had the table lift though and had no problems with bolts.
Ya...I'm cool with the tall skinny look tho'. Kinda old school.

My major issue is deliberating on the color and spoke count of these rims. I'm seriously flip flopping.

I want the black DNA Mammoth spokes...Then I dont.

I want the derned old fashioned chrome ones....then I dont.

Man buying wheels really kinda sucks. I bought a new truck quicker and easier. Sheese I bought the bike easier!!

I have a set of chrome lower fork sliders in the shed. I'm thinking that those combined with chrome wheels will be too much bling.

So in the end....

My bike will end up looking like...

Yours?

Look at how this guys bike ended up on the 18" rim with the tall skinny tire. Thats just pure badassness.
Name:  Branner-2.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  78.1 KB
Sorry Branner. I had to share?

Old 04-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Branner
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No problem Chazzy. The bike already looks different than in that pic.

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures