Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 10:13 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wonder wut they would look like on the 6 in risers???

Old 04-01-2009, 10:26 PM
tchaffin
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Dyna.

Reach and feel are great, not as aggressive as the stock drag bars felt to me.

I didn't have to change cables. But they just barely made it; Definitely took some creative thinking.

Originally Posted by DyNaBoB
i was gonna go with those bars but didnt know about the reach and feel............did you have to cange wiring or cables............ther only 7 and a half rise right..........looks good

Old 04-01-2009, 10:56 PM
vulcanater
Road Captain

Hey Oregonkickstart,

It took me around 6 or 7 weeks to get my bars from BRC. They are very good quality bars. Just wish I'd have gotten them a little taller.

Chop On,
Robert

Last edited by vulcanater; 04-01-2009 at 10:59 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:40 AM
oregonkickstart
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by vulcanater
Hey Oregonkickstart,

It took me around 6 or 7 weeks to get my bars from BRC. They are very good quality bars. Just wish I'd have gotten them a little taller.

Chop On,
Robert
What size are those bars in the rise? How tall are your risers? If you recall I wouldn't mind hearing the length you had to use for throttle cables, clutch cable, and brake line... Your scoot looks great! I dig the way that round sissy bar looks. Is that the Harley round bar or did you fab that one?

Old 04-02-2009, 01:45 AM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

tchaffin... Looks good man... I also thought of going with bars like those... Any thoughts of drilling and running the wires internal? I think that would look really good.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:28 AM
tchaffin
Advanced

Story, thanks man. Internal wiring is definitely the next project. New cables would have been needed, and I wanted her on the street more than a cleaner look. But, now the weather is crappy again. I hate Chicago...

Old 04-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Need some advice from the Night Train Crew.

I just cant seem to pull the trigger on an 18" back wheel for my bike. After asking around I have found that I can in fact go from my 16" X 3" with a 150/80 tire to a 18" X 4.25 with a 160/60.

I'm looking at just putting a chrome 60 spoke on the rear and doing the front at a later date with a matching 60 spoke 21" with maybe a slightly fatter tire. Emphasis on slight.

My quandry is wondering whats gonna happen when I slide that 18" on the rear in place of that 16". If I will end up having to raise the rear up for clearence issues then I do not want the 18".

If going to a lower profile 60 series tire makes for a very rough ride in comparision to the ballonish 80 series thats on there nowe? Once again I'm not sure.

What I do not want to happen is going from slammed and sleek to having my adjuster bolts cranked up and suddenly having a big gap in the rear.

RThomps bike (Russell) is a good example. He has a badass Train. I dig the stuff he has done. But what wouldnt work for me would be a big gap like what he has....NOw I realize he is running a 18X5 and is definately having clearence issues hence the raised up rear end. My question is for those who are familiar with a stock fender setup comboed with an 18" and a 2.25" drop. Can I keep the drop? Will I suddenly be rubbin' all over and having issues?

As you can see in the background i already own a dirt bike with lots of clearence!! I want my Harley slammed. Or would the correct wording be "Slamt".

Thanks Gents!
Name:  Picture139.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  94.3 KB

Last edited by Chazmanian; 04-02-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:23 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I said this before, I've been checking in to this for a long time. You can go with a 18"X3.5" rim with a 140 tire to get it in the fender... Check out "Branner's" bike or on the badboy picture thread "97's" badboy thats what they are running ask them questions they are 2 of the coolest guy I know... and they will tell you to check out BlackBike for the wheel.

Branner bike... Hope you don't mind J.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...Augustine1.jpg

Old 04-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Branner
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I require a small licensing fee to release my photo's, put the check in the mail... lol

Chaz,

The difference between your 16" and an 18" wheel *when tires are mounted* will be (at most) 1/2 inch. The profile on the tire decreases as the radius increases. In the end you'll see more wheel and less tire.

Any questions pm me and I can send more pics, better than story's stolen pics...

Take care.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Branner
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tchaffin,

Are those the Roland Sands Design? Do youhave the specs on them, i.e; Height, Width at base, Total width at top and pullback?? I really like those bars.

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures