Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 08:57 PM
Dissociative
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by back again
103 is a nice motor with good heads Dis.Big enough to haul *** but not have the problems of the bigger motors with more frequent rebuilds. Get a Evo if you want to feel the motor. JMHO there.You still looking for a long fender set up?
warning long i'm confused post

Hmmm.regarding the 103...i am really asking myself is it worth all that on a 04 train 5 speed fuel injected with 30k on it?.....personally i am leaning towards the harley parts upgrade with hydro tensioners or the gear drive...then comes issue of weather or not to cam it....adding cams "he says" really makes the balancer go to **** and your just better off not modding the balance shaft motors that far unless you remove it and then might as well got to 103 same time....sound true?
(i never knew there was an A or B motor in these... apparently not all had the internal balance shaft) He also says my balance is probably already failing/unbalanced just from the bike vibrations he felt...(i need to educate myself more on how these work and how they fail)

i get the feeling of modding the hell out of a 80's monty carlo with a 305 when its just better to go to a 383 or go get a mustang with a built 5.0.....ya know is this bike really worth turning it from a TOTAL INVESTMENT right now of around 8k to then over 12,5 or more...is THIS motor the motor to mod or the "dud" he makes me think it is...am i just better to leave well enough alone like my father always told me...fix chains and no cams and leave it alone...and hope balance stays put? The PC3 and intake make it pretty damn quick solo...its a fun bike...

I also wonder how wise it is to mod up a fuel injected bike...i mean with a carb bike ten years older i could just rip out whole motor and trans and toss in a HUGE motor and have a ripper...less hassle and **** just buying a crate engine built strong already...for me anyway..

i feel this way i guess after modding my trucks all to hell and losing so much freaking money "building" something that might have been easier and quicker and stronger to have just "bought" what i wanted to begin with. I mean the newer bikes have 103's and 110 already and look soooooo nice...and other bikes you can order with no motor or rip the old one out right?

Honestly, i dont care how the motor feels....i care to know its gonna run for a good long time and start when i need it to...no fun being out of state or far away at sunday 11pm and have a hot rod issue screw ya into a tow.

whoever read this far thanks....i needed to try to convey my dilema to other bike owners..

YES......still wanting a long fender..!!!

NT picture thread..i think i might like story to put this on a derby for me...

Old 11-14-2011, 09:30 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wrong forum Eric... lol But the closure was APEC stuff they shut the freeways down while the Pres made his way to the west side of the Island.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bike is finally ready to ride. Well..... actually, I did ride it about 5 miles. Gotta fuel it up and ride some more, but it was getting late and the deer are getting pretty thick right now. Here's about the best teaser pic I could ever take!! LMAO!

Name:  DSC04130.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  49.5 KB

Old 11-14-2011, 09:47 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member

Diss... I would talk to someone else first before going with what your guy says... I'm sure theres truth to it but just because some bit the dust don't mean they all will.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:56 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member

Thats messed up Chuck but I can tell from that pic "It looks like ****" lmao

Old 11-14-2011, 10:15 PM
Abbinc83
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ash16
Oh I thought you said that you were looking for some cheap risers.
I did but. . . you know stuff happens

Old 11-14-2011, 10:16 PM
Ash16
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by story808
Thats messed up Chuck but I can tell from that pic "It looks like ****" lmao
LMFAO!!!! Yeah that pics not nearly as good as the video.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:04 AM
Tartarus
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha yeah the other forum went down and then I forgot the pics were over there when I was checking here. Your killing us Chuck the bars look clean though

Old 11-15-2011, 03:35 AM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Whats up guys! Hows everyone doing!
Besides our Sunday ride, This is what I did this weekend.
Me and my bro @ HulaCross X-Rally
(click pic)

Old 11-15-2011, 08:30 AM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like a blast Jo!

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures