Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 08:26 PM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dankfoot
Hey guys, once again thanks.

I got home from work jonsing for for a ride to try out the new seat. Put the new bung in and took the old one in back off. I was surprised how simple it was. Went to screw down the back of the seat and the freaking screw that came with the seat didn't fit the bung. So I had to hurry to find one laying around the house. (wife doesn't know yet I bought a new seat) Finally found one and got the fu*k out.

Love the new look. I had about a hour ride and all is well. Now I want to find time to paint the screw and tab on the seat.

So, next question. For those that still have the bob tail. How do you get rid of the mud flap of license plate holder. Did you just cut it off? And what is a good cheap side mount?

Thanks,
Dank
I cut mine off a few years back. Just cut, smooth and contour the cut with a Dremel. Sanded the whole thing smooth and sprayed with some flat black. I got a side mount (I think it's Kuryakyn) but it's chrome, so it's going to the powder guy this winter along with a ton of other shiny crap! It was very easy, just take your time and it'll turn out great.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:13 PM
imboden
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by jreichart
I cut mine off a few years back. Just cut, smooth and contour the cut with a Dremel. Sanded the whole thing smooth and sprayed with some flat black. I got a side mount (I think it's Kuryakyn) but it's chrome, so it's going to the powder guy this winter along with a ton of other shiny crap! It was very easy, just take your time and it'll turn out great.
I did the exact same thing the same way. used a dremel tool, you could use anything really, saw, hacksaw, whatever. I cut it flat and sanded it smooth. then I bought a kury. sidemount curved plate holder. thing is when you re-locate the plate you gotta light it too, so I don't know if there is a cheap alternative for the re-location. shoot the kury plate holder might be cheap, I just don't remember, it's been a year or two

Old 09-29-2011, 09:22 PM
vain2765
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dankfoot
Hey guys, once again thanks.

I got home from work jonsing for for a ride to try out the new seat. Put the new bung in and took the old one in back off. I was surprised how simple it was. Went to screw down the back of the seat and the freaking screw that came with the seat didn't fit the bung. So I had to hurry to find one laying around the house. (wife doesn't know yet I bought a new seat) Finally found one and got the fu*k out.

Love the new look. I had about a hour ride and all is well. Now I want to find time to paint the screw and tab on the seat.

So, next question. For those that still have the bob tail. How do you get rid of the mud flap of license plate holder. Did you just cut it off? And what is a good cheap side mount?

Thanks,
Dank
Dank my buddy is running this plate holder that gives you the option of using it either horizontal or vertical. It is a well made product and comes either chrome or black. www.topdownproducts.com

Old 09-29-2011, 09:28 PM
imboden
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by CrazyTrain68
Imboden, really liking your springer front end/wheels...sick bro!!!! Are those wheels heathens?

Night Train, nice scoot man!!!!

Welcome back Razor!
hey dude, got em from coastal motor, they are "Legacy DS".. similar to heathen but black rim all the way around..

oh yeah dankfoot this is what I got, on their website its like 100 bux, maybe cheaper on ebay? oh yeah and if I had it to do over again I'd get a sidemount off the axle instead of the swingarm, cause now I don't have room for a swingarm bag on the left side...

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/145...se-Plate-Frame

scheers I was thinkin it wouldn't matter with those goggle things you can snap on. ha, who knows right, for a 100 dollar helmet I don't care! My half was a HD helmet, I never really took to it..

Last edited by imboden; 09-29-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:36 PM
Scheers44
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Dank you could use the tribar tail light and not use the tag bracket. Its pretty clean and looks good. Pretty common mod.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:51 PM
vain2765
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok it's 10:39pm and I (with alot of help) finally just got done installing the Progressive lowering kit for the front and lowering bolts on the rear. Aaron you were right installing the lowering bolts on the rear SUCKED!!!!!!! As far as the front kit Ash and Mark was right it was way easier than I expected. Not to mention having someone who knows what their doing was a BIG help. I'll post pics first thing tomorrow. Time to get some sleep.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Scheers44
Stellar HDF Member

Tony glad to hear ya gotter done and went smoothly bro!! Look forward to seein pics..

Old 09-29-2011, 10:08 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member

Yeah cause without pics it didn't happen... Maybe he gotta pick it up in the morning at the dealer... lmao Can't wait to see them also Tony I'm sure it looks great!

Old 09-29-2011, 10:10 PM
Scheers44
Stellar HDF Member

Dayum!! Mark that was LOW!! lol

Old 09-29-2011, 10:30 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[/QUOTE]

lookin good you gatta be stoked

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures