Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Jeffs FRC
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just looked in here to get some ideas so I thought Id post up how my bike is coming along.

Just got done adding the HD black billet foot control levers, diamond black pegs, pads, and grips. Also powdercoated a few things here and there, and installed Arlen Ness 2 1/2" drop dampers in the forks.

First pic is a couple days after I bought the bike last fall.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:45 PM
Frisian HD
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good Jeffs

What kinda aircleaner is it you installed?

Old 02-25-2009, 10:45 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice looking bike and welcome to the forum. I know it's a never ending battle between my wallet and my bank account.. The dealer asked me, when I bought the bike, if I knew what HD stood for, he said it stood for HIGH DOLLAR.. I guess he was right on.. LMAO

Old 02-25-2009, 11:13 PM
Jeffs FRC
Cruiser

The AC is a cycle visions Mo Flo.

This is definately an expensive hobby... Next on my list is powdercoating the stock signals, a billet headlight, and a nice long front fender. That stock fender just bugs the **** outta me! Once all that is done I hope to have made my decision on what way Im gonna go with wheels... Never ending battle I tell ya!

Old 02-25-2009, 11:19 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Jeffs FRC
The AC is a cycle visions Mo Flo.

This is definately an expensive hobby... Next on my list is powdercoating the stock signals, a billet headlight, and a nice long front fender. That stock fender just bugs the **** outta me! Once all that is done I hope to have made my decision on what way Im gonna go with wheels... Never ending battle I tell ya!
Sounds like you and I have similar plans. I am also going to paint or PC my lower fork legs. I have big dreams and a small budget.......SUCKS!! Oh well, one thing at a time. Makes it more fun, or so I am told

Old 02-25-2009, 11:32 PM
Jeffs FRC
Cruiser

Originally Posted by refuzeandrezizt
Sounds like you and I have similar plans. I am also going to paint or PC my lower fork legs. I have big dreams and a small budget.......SUCKS!! Oh well, one thing at a time. Makes it more fun, or so I am told
I would definately go the powdercoat route. Much more durable and will last forever. While ya got it apart throw in a lowering kit of some sort. I got my dampers for $50.

Id also like a small(about 2") tank lift kit. Anyone know where to get one at?

Old 02-25-2009, 11:39 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior

I would definately go the powdercoat route. Much more durable and will last forever. While ya got it apart throw in a lowering kit of some sort. I got my dampers for $50.

Id also like a small(about 2") tank lift kit. Anyone know where to get one at?
I am going to lower the front and also do the tank lift. That will come when more money comes. There is a guy on the forum that sells them, I am sure someone will chime in with his name. They are also on eBay. You could also do a google search, it brings up some as well. Where did you get your dampers for $50?

Old 02-25-2009, 11:53 PM
Jeffs FRC
Cruiser

Originally Posted by refuzeandrezizt
I am going to lower the front and also do the tank lift. That will come when more money comes. There is a guy on the forum that sells them, I am sure someone will chime in with his name. They are also on eBay. You could also do a google search, it brings up some as well. Where did you get your dampers for $50?
Got the dampers off ebay but I dont see them listed anymore. Im sure you could get them somewhere else though for the same cash. Check the ness site out too. Took the bike for a short ride around the block today and really like the way it rides. FYI, I used the screamin eagle heavy fork oil and Im glad I did.

Found a tank lift kit on ebay for $25. If anyone knows the person on the forum who sells them let me know...

Which seat are you running? Those hooker pipes look great too! For the price they cant be beat.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:58 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior

Got the dampers off ebay but I dont see them listed anymore. Im sure you could get them somewhere else though for the same cash. Check the ness site out too. Took the bike for a short ride around the block today and really like the way it rides. FYI, I used the screamin eagle heavy fork oil and Im glad I did.

Found a tank lift kit on ebay for $25. If anyone knows the person on the forum who sells them let me know...

Which seat are you running? Those hooker pipes look great too! For the price they cant be beat.
Thanks for the compliment on the pipes. I love them and I couldn't pass up the price. I will continue to look around for the right front end kit. My seat is the LePera Silhouette Smooth Solo Seat. Got it from Dennis Kirk for about $200 I believe. It's a nice seat and pretty good for comfort. Not the greatest for long rides though however.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:01 AM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lava red
Thanks I'll take that as a complimant.BILL
I ment that in the best of ways... Not everyone thinks dark is deep.

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures