Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 09:07 AM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good Frisian. I have been thinking about lowering the front of mine to match the rear and level it back out, but I am still not sure as to what the process is and how hard it would be. On a scale of 1 to 10, where would you rate the process? Take into account that I have never messed with the forks on a bike before either, but I am capable and willing. Thanks!!

Old 02-24-2009, 09:29 AM
phrogflyer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by refuzeandrezizt
Looks good Frisian. I have been thinking about lowering the front of mine to match the rear and level it back out, but I am still not sure as to what the process is and how hard it would be. On a scale of 1 to 10, where would you rate the process? Take into account that I have never messed with the forks on a bike before either, but I am capable and willing. Thanks!!

Check this video out from Progressive Suspension. This will be on my bike in the near future.

http://www.progressivesuspension.com/dropin/video.html

Old 02-24-2009, 12:17 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nevermind, I found the tank lift and some pictures of different brackets. I think I can swing that. Still curious on the lowers though. Did you sand them, and if so, what did you use? What paint would be better to use there?
Yes with soapy water and I think I used 800 wet. then primed and painted... look into a appliance expoxy paint

Old 02-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Frisian HD
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Well , to be honest ...........I went to the dealer with the bike........but the mech there didn't even know there was HD front lowering kit's..........When I told there was ''drop-ins'' from progressive aswell, he looked at me like I was from another planet and said that was impossible.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:10 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior

That's some funny s**t!! LMAO... When I got my new front wheel, I ordered it from another HD dealer, because the price was ALOT cheaper than my local dealer had it. I called the local dealer, after I got it, asked if they could get to it that day, was told yes. After I left work early "sick" and got up there, they asked me if I had bought it from them. When I said no, but that it was a HD wheel, which it plainly states on the wheel, they told me to leave it and they would try to get to it the next day but there was no promises. I knew they were pissed because I didn't buy it from them, I had even called them to see if they could match the price. After I confronted them on it, and stated that I was told it could be done that day, they acted like I was a piece of crap. Needless to say, I went home and did it myself. Saved quite a bit of money too. So from that point on, I started doing everything I could, or at least everything that wouldn't have a chance to severally screw up my ride, myself. I like my local dealer and the people that work there, but it seems they have lost that connection with the people that keep them in the job they all love so much. They spend more time trying to look cool and act cool, than helping the average Joe with his machine. Just my two cents in the **** bucket.........

Old 02-24-2009, 02:18 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by story808
Yes with soapy water and I think I used 800 wet. then primed and painted... look into a appliance expoxy paint
Thanks story. I will for sure be doing this once the weather breaks. Would like to do the blinkers also. Did you paint them on the bike? What about the rubber boots up top? Did you just tape them off?

Old 02-24-2009, 02:28 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by phrogflyer
Check this video out from Progressive Suspension. This will be on my bike in the near future.

http://www.progressivesuspension.com/dropin/video.html
Nice find phrogflyer!! They make it look so easy my 13 year old could do it!!

Old 02-24-2009, 05:49 PM
2DAKERB
Road Master

I just lowered mine by two inches, pretty simple really. I'll post some pictures of before and after.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:05 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 2DAKERB
I just lowered mine by two inches, pretty simple really. I'll post some pictures of before and after.
That would be nice 2DAKERB. Always like to see the end results of ideas I am thinking about. What kit did you use? Thanks!!

Old 02-24-2009, 07:22 PM
2DAKERB
Road Master

Used White Brothers Burley 2 inch lowering kit. I just saw that video from progressive. On mine I had to take the tube all the way out, maybe it's different since mines a softail not a dyna, or wide not narrow trees. Best to check your service manual. The reason I lowered mine was because I hit the mother of all pot holes a few weeks back coming home about 10:30 at night on the freeway. I f'd up my back but more importantly my front rim was damaged. I had been eyeballing this 23" rim at a local shop for about 3 months now wondering how it would look on my bike. So now that I needed to replace this one and I was over the red powder coated ones I had I was able to sell them for a slight profit and purchase this rim. It's a dual disc rim, I have some billet sliders with PM Brakes laying around that will be going on as soon as the sliders are back from being powder coated. Dropped them off today.
Here's some before and after pics. I didn't take any step by step pictures, I don't have the patience. It's not hard, get in there and do it. The hardest part was getting the cap back the tube after putting in the new springs. Reference that post #1359 from train913. I actually used a bottle jack.
Check these out too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZGHZFLk23k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtwCN...eature=related

Attached Thumbnails  Night Train Pictures-stock-length.jpg    Night Train Pictures-lowered-2-inches.jpg    Night Train Pictures-comparison.jpg    Night Train Pictures-slider.jpg  

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures