Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 12:08 AM
bafic
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured I'd wait to mount my heartland kit until I get an air suspension, so I mounted my vertical license plate holder and alloy arts lights.
Name:  63f3f4c0.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  105.4 KB
Name:  4502b934.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  94.4 KB

Old 04-02-2011, 12:33 AM
StrryKnight
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, pages fly when you guys are mod'n or trash talk'n...

Thanks for the link Tartarus..... i'm gonna have to look into that...

Old 04-02-2011, 01:34 AM
Tartarus
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem man good luck with it my only problem will be finding a good dust free area in the desert

Old 04-02-2011, 06:45 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,351 Likes on 2,571 Posts

Originally Posted by Tx_Outlaw
No worries Ray! Glad to help you spend more money than you wanted to...... LOL!!

He's not done spending Chuck he just doesn't know that yet.

The more I think about that light the more I think you're right Tx. because that's all most anybody sees and you want to make a good first impression.

3rd mind? That's all DB,I crossed that threshold 20 years ago

Old 04-02-2011, 06:58 AM
saintslax11
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome to the club Bafic..... Took me awhile to catch up you Chatty F#%K's

Well I got home last night with my Shotgun Shocks from Dr. Vtwin. Very FAST SHIPPING I MUST SAY!! It came right in time bc the wife is out of town. After taking care of the dogs I went and started the install. I must say just looking at the shocks and the compressor it is a QUALITY product. I am very impressed.

I started with the compressor. Since I tapped the holes the other day it was a very easy install. I used a lil blue loctite and made sure evrything was good. One of the screws on the end of the compressor is just barely rubbing up against my oil drain line. I do not see a problem so I left it.

I moved onto the harness. Luckily I have the rear wheel off and half my Heartland Splashguard. I routed it behind the splash guard and behind the battery. It completely clears the swing arm and everything else. I must have moved the swing arm up and down 50 times.

Next I moved onto the switches on to my coil mount. I do like the location of the switches in that spot.... The only thing I do not like is the fact that it is chrome. So when i find time i will take the switches off and get it PC wrinkle black. Even with my plug wires the switches are very easy to get to. With my tank completely empty it was very easy to run the wires under the tank. I just lifted that fat fu#ker up and done.

OOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKK..... Now to the fun part. The shock body is a heavy little F#ck. I had my bike jacked up all the way. Mind you I had just worked a 12.5 hour day so I am tired but excited and it is 10 PM now. I tried the first time getting it mounted to the swingarm. It would not slide on at all. The PC frame was keeping it from going on. I used a heavy grit sand paper and started sanding the PC off. It slid on after this but I had a bitch of a time getting the swing arm bolts in. I fought with it for about ten minutes and stopped. I am at work today so i am going to give it another go tonight.

So far I am happy. I still need to get my wheel back from my INDY to ride so I have till tuesday to get this thing buttoned up.

Attached Thumbnails  Night Train Pictures-img00126-20110401-2053.jpg    Night Train Pictures-img00124-20110401-2053.jpg  
Old 04-02-2011, 07:14 AM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I completely understand that, G!! LOL!

Good for you, Saint! Looking forward to the pics/vid of the ride going up and down...... Think you'll be happy with the results!

Hope everyone have nice plans for the weekend. Don't forget...... everyone shows at Mark's grandma's next Sunday......

Old 04-02-2011, 07:49 AM
Night_Train
Road Master

G'moring guys!

Saint, have to say I'm pretty jealous here, that is one fine looking system man!

Tex & G....you guys keep quiet LOL

Jess (my girl friend) asked me to tally up the cost of this adventure this morning, I said I can't remember, it's all a blur.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:53 AM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member

Careful Ray..... she's wanting to buy something..... LOL! Just tell her the adventure is not over and look at the expression on her face!! LMAO!

Old 04-02-2011, 08:03 AM
Night_Train
Road Master

You called that one! Chuck....she wants a different set of running boards for the V-Star and said she wouldn't mind a set of PM grips......I told her wholly crap nothing like spending big time....you shoulda seen that kodak moment on her face LMAO!!

Old 04-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member

LMAO!! Be glad she didn't ask for a new bike!!

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures