Night Train Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 07:45 AM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Why not just add a new switch, DB?
The horn button has a wire coming from the ACC (at the fuse block) to the button and then down to the horn. The horn has that wire and then a ground. Not sure how you're wanting to do the compressor, but to hook it thru the horn button, you can hook the ground to a relay that would be powered by the horn switch. Kind of the oppostie of how it's suppose to work as normally you'd use a realy to run a hot wire to an accessory. Same principle tho. Power wire into relay from horn switch, normal ground to relay to make it operate, ground from compessor to one side of relay switch, ground wire to frame on other side of relay switch. It's work. The fun part is finding where to install the relay!

Old 03-23-2011, 08:46 AM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wut about running the orange wire from compressor to the hot on the horn ( hot only when horn is pressed) and just go ground from horn and black from comp to chassis.......so with the stock switch does hitting the button just ground out the hot black wire from compressor??....cuz the black wire from comp is hot 24/7, and when i touch the ground on the batt it fills....i just wish i would of left it alone.it was clean enough...lol

Old 03-23-2011, 09:16 AM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member

You need the hot and grond to work the compressor. You can ground the one wire, but I don't think the hot wire for the horn is large enough to carry the load the compressor needs. The switch might not be able to carry it either. You would still need to use a relay to be safe. Not sense in burning up switches or wiring....... That's never fun!

Old 03-23-2011, 09:29 AM
saintslax11
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks Crazy Train. They are USKooLine wires. Quality ****!!

TX my Indy will check all of them and probably true it as well...$$$$$$ FML

The only good thing about having the wheel off now is to install the air ride in a week or two.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:53 AM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member

Sooooo....... you're not riding for a week or 2? It will be a little easier with the install. If he's going to true it, you might ask the difference in price for lacing in new spokes..... All he can say is it cost a lot more...... Never hurts to ask.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:04 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol...im putting everything back the way i had it....and with the new trees my cables are tight..wtf..i should just listen to my dad..."just leave **** alone"...lol

Old 03-23-2011, 12:22 PM
saintslax11
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DyNaBoB
lol...im putting everything back the way i had it....and with the new trees my cables are tight..wtf..i should just listen to my dad..."just leave **** alone"...lol
LOL... Thats freakin hilarious you say that bc when **** goes wrong with my bike my dad says the same DAM thing!

Old 03-23-2011, 12:25 PM
saintslax11
Road Warrior

TX we all do not have nice weather like you... haha . A week or two is nothing with the weather we are having. Rain today and tomorrow then on my off days next week rain as well and cold. I have a poker run coming up in Baltimore for Breast Cancer Awareness.... We are going to all the Strip Clubs in Bmore. hahaha Save the TaTa's!!!!

As long as I make that run I am happy until it warms up. I will ask my Indy what is best. I was trying not to spend any money at the dealer this year but there some thing's I can not do.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member

Very understandable Saint! Strip clubs?? *****?? Wooooohooooo....... Enjoy the run man!

Hey DB..... just add the damn relay! I picked a mini one for my headlight at the dealership (it's actually a starter relay). I mounted it on the left side up by all the wiring the goes to forks under the fuel tank. It's tight in there, but out of the way.
oh.... and I wanted to thank you for the BikerGarage101 link. I finally found an oil cap to fit my other projects round oil tank. I picked up one of those siler Eagle Head rings on sale too. Thanks!

Old 03-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Scheers44
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by saintslax11
Got my PC today and here is the final product of the coil relocation.... It is a must guys!!

Saint that looks pretty bad ***!! Have you got any pics of the bracket before install?

Quick Reply: Night Train Pictures